Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• Options

se9addick said:

Right last time checking before in 7 hr flight to Dubai, I fully expect this to have been completed by the time I land

Enjoy mate

And be prepared to be disappointed !
    Cheers mate, but the takeover news Couldn't have been much worse than that, just checked back in and it seems like it's off now - at least ACV isn't to blame this time (I don't think)!

• Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Right last time checking before in 7 hr flight to Dubai, I fully expect this to have been completed by the time I land

Enjoy mate

Cheers mate, but the takeover news Couldn't have been much worse than that, just checked back in and it seems like it's off now - at least ACV isn't to blame this time (I don't think)!

I don't think the takeover as such is necessarily off quite yet. Sounds like the Belgium has itchy feet following DD but that doesn't mean that there aren't other interested parties.

At least that's the impression I get from reading through the latest comments on this never ending takeover thread.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Enjoy mate

I don't think the takeover as such is necessarily off quite yet. Sounds like the Belgium has itchy feet following DD but that doesn't mean that there aren't other interested parties.

At least that's the impression I get from reading through the latest comments on this never ending takeover thread.
    What on earth is lurking in the dark recesses of our books that seems to provide a stumbling block for every mooted takeover ?
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Apparently this is the problem and RM wants his 1.5m back http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/8001820.stm

This article is from April 2009
    Correct, but interesting to see this again: "A residential site owned by the club near to the Valley, Lansdowne Mews, has also been sold as part of the deal to Bob Whitehand."

I believe we've been told more recently that Bob never owned it. Perhaps the latter is correct and the purchase never went through, but interesting nonetheless.
    Bob never owned it - though the Club did offer it to him.

I was told that it was sold by Steve Waggott to the Developer who is now sitting on it with PP, though this has never been confirmed.

• Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Enjoy mate

What on earth is lurking in the dark recesses of our books that seems to provide a stumbling block for every mooted takeover ?
    Who knows? Maybe this may reveal something?

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/charlton-athletic-football-company
  • Options
    Yawn
  • Options
    JT said:

Yawn

Knock, knock?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    STVVfan said:

Hello.
    I haven't read every post in this thread but it seems like most of you are optimistic about Duchatelet taking over. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but Duchatelet won't lift your club to an higher level. If you're lucky he'll invest some cash at the beginning of his reign.

I'm afraid you'll become the 6th club in his network. He owns Carl Zeis Jena in Germany and Standard de Liege in Belgium. His son his the chairman of Hungarian club Ujpest. He saved Belgian second tier club Tubize from financial trouble and is now major shareholder. And at my own club at last Sintruidense VV or STVV his girlfriend is owner of the stadium and all grounds surrounding it. Officially he sold our club when he bought Standard because both teams were in the first division at that point and you obviously cannot own 2 clubs that compete in the same division. But he actually still runs things at the club. Our current chairman is a dear friend of his and just a puppet on a string. When he "sold" the club he gave the stadium and its grounds to his girlfriend so we now pay 400.000 Euro rent a year to plag in our own Stadium.

He recently called these 6 clubs his network and there have been player swappings between Ujpest, STVV, Standard and Tubize. We mostly got young,talented players who had to be in the starting eleven even though they weren't yet up for the task. He destroyed our club from within and we are nothjng bht his toy at the moment.

I fear the same thing might happen with Charlton. He'll use you to steal your talent, drop young players in the first squad to increase their market value. He"ll use your stadium ground to build hotels, shops and industry ( Very positive for the local economy I have to admit). And he"ll sell your players as soon as there's a profit in store for him

The man knows nothing about football but he is a cunning bastard.

All the best of luck and I hope for you guys I'm wrong.

Sorry for double posting, it's 2am and all this owner talk is driving me mad. Thought we were meeting at the bridge?
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Enjoy mate

Possibly mate, although if there was such a thing as companiesinthebvi.co.uk you might uncover some real answers !

Is @STVVfan 's post the first we've heard of the Bulgarian team ? Don't think I'd read that before.
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Enjoy mate

Possibly mate, although if there was such a thing as companiesinthebvi.co.uk you might uncover some real answers !

Is @STVVfan 's post the first we've heard of the Bulgarian team ? Don't think I'd read that before.
    Bulgarian? I can't find such a reference. Sure you didn't misread Belgian?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

New stadium on the peninsula? There is a lot going on which needs to be sorted.
  • Options
    I think se9 meant Hungarian.
  • Options
    Scatter .
    /|.._______________/\_
    / '—_______——____|]
    /_==0;;;;;;;;___./
    ), —.(_(__) /
    // (..) ), ——"
    //___// approach to selling a football club or is it a scatter .
    /|.._______________/\_
    / '—_______——____|]
    /_==0;;;;;;;;___./
    ), —.(_(__) /
    // (..) ), ——"
    //___// approach to giving info out on a forum

Why my sons blackberrý draws a .
    /|.._______________/\_
    / '—_______——____|]
    /_==0;;;;;;;;___./
    ), —.(_(__) /
    // (..) ), ——"
    //___// when I write the word is bloody great I like it
  • Options
    I can't believe that all is on the os after 4 days is just that poxy one paragraph on the "take over". Even if they just updated it to "talks are on going" or something. It shows a distinct lack of respect to the fans IMO
  • Options
    It seems to me there are a few parties interested and one leaked this story. The club had to say something as they were slated for not doing so last time. AB said more than one interested party.
  • Options

It seems to me there are a few parties interested and one leaked this story. The club had to say something as they slated for not doing so last time. AB said more than one interested party.

Fair enough, but once they started, it needs following up. Again IMO
  • Options
    I trust Brenda and her mystic meg approach more than the current board therefore I am at peace today
  • Options
    That's true Rob. They will have to say now if its gone pear shaped.
  • Options
    why will they, there is no evidence that it has gone Pete Tong MBE

what there is evidence of is that we are in discussions with a party to be taken over, that may well be the only party involved it may not

everyone just chill out a bit

• Options

The club had to say something as they were slated for not doing so last time

I very much doubt that was the reason they went public.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    From Twitter

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 14m
    We've also got more on Roland Duchatelet #cafc takeover. Indications that number of signings lined up to come in quickly if it happens.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Lurker said:

From Twitter

We've also got more on Roland Duchatelet #cafc takeover. Indications that number of signings lined up to come in quickly if it happens.

Even the press comments are now less definate
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Lurker said:

From Twitter

Quickly = within 4 weeks! ;-)
  • Options
    Makes you wonder who's looking at targets? Are our management team potentially wasting time by drawing up 2 lists depending on who owns us?
  • Options

Me too.
    And if this Belgian deal was progressed to a stage no further than the Harris one had been,ie before DD,then why did the club release that statement on the OS? Surely they must have been aware of the possibility of the deal falling through at the same stage?
  • Options
    Lurker said:

Makes you wonder who's looking at targets? Are our management team potentially wasting time by drawing up 2 lists depending on who owns us?

Why would that be a waste of time ? Seems sensible to me. We needs bodies in and having names for both scenarios sounds the way to go.

• Options

Lurker said:

Why would that be a waste of time ? Seems sensible to me. We needs bodies in and having names for both scenarios sounds the way to go.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be doing it, however we're possibly talking to agents etc regarding players we currently can not afford, if the takeover does not happen, it will be time wasted.
  • Options

Me too.
    And if this Belgian deal was progressed to a stage no further than the Harris one had been,ie before DD,then why did the club release that statement on the OS? Surely they must have been aware of the possibility of the deal falling through at the same stage?
    Suspect they went public following previous criticism that they made no comments to us fans. But the other reason could be to encourage other prospective purchasers!! It's one big game where we can only watch and guess!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

I can't believe that all is on the os after 4 days is just that poxy one paragraph on the "take over". Even if they just updated it to "talks are on going" or something. It shows a distinct lack of respect to the fans IMO

Maybe Roland doesn't want anymore conjecture during negotiations? What's more important? A takeover or the fans being informed?

This is a BUSINESS transaction after all, and all sorts of negotiations could be going on in the background.

Everybody should take a chill pill, and let the people involved get on with their jobs, and make sure that what comes out of it is right for ALL parties.
  • Options
    Lurker said:

Lurker said:

I'm not saying they shouldn't be doing it, however we're possibly talking to agents etc regarding players we currently can not afford, if the takeover does not happen, it will be time wasted.
    At the risk of sounding picky, if the takeover does go ahead it will have been time well spent.