Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• Options

No info on the Belgian but don't despair. We will get there!

In thee I trust.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    RedChaser said:

Rob62 has a point - maybe we should wait for the confirmation before we head en mass for the bridge with the cd

Nah, go for it, then those of us with no bottle will all move up the hierarchy pecking order (not allowed to mention the Cl*que) :0)
    Anybody got a Celine Dion Cd btw? In case Valley McCoist can't find his!
  • Options
    You crack me up sometimes Muttley, it's Valley McMoist or did you do that on purpose? And sorry I don't have the cd but I'll try and get you one :0)
  • Options

No info on the Belgian but don't despair. We will get there!

That fits because the comment on ITTV that has created this most recent drama is somewhat cryptic to say the least.

"Heard earlier this afternoon that if there is a takeover it is unlikely to be fronted by Duchatelet."

My read was that this left the situation open, not dead.
  • Options
    All very boring and predictable now
  • Options

predictable? so you know who IS going to buy us then? lol ;-)
  • Options
    Apologies to Valley McMoist for getting his name wrong.
  • Options
    I have no knowledge, but I wouldn't be amazed if Varney doesn't turn up in some way.
  • Options
    Gonna be too much for must of us IF anything ever gets over the line
  • Options
    When it's on the OS works both ways.

Some people had convinced themselves it was all done and were accusing other of paranoia and being conspiracy theorists for daring to suggest it's not done until it is done.

Now one statement of "unlikely" puts some others into a spin.

Just wait and see before celebrating or sliting wrists FFS.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I have no knowledge, but I wouldn't be amazed if Varney doesn't turn up in some way.

I also would not be surprised if P.V. is involved with an alternative bid. It would be excellent to have Charlton people running the club once again
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Bubble said:

I dont know how reliable the guys info is but Angeldust on ITTV is suggesting the deal is off

If he says it's off - it's off. Fact.

To clarify - there seems a few people thinking Harris is still sniffing around and possibly others too. Seems the Belgian thing might not happen but that doesn't mean it's all doom and gloom

• Options

When it's on the OS works both ways.

Some people had convinced themselves it was all done and were accusing other of paranoia and being conspiracy theorists for daring to suggest it's not done until it is done.

Now one statement of "unlikely" puts some others into a spin.

Just wait and see before celebrating or sliting wrists FFS.

This
  • Options

I'm not bored !!

Not sure I'll be sleeping much tonight, mind you ....

:-)

• Options

I also would not be surprised if P.V. is involved with an alternative bid. It would be excellent to have Charlton people running the club once again
    He's riding into The Valley on his white charger as we speak !

Might even invite him to join the 2 Steves from Ebbsfleet at the next NWKA meeting on 22nd January.....

• Options
    Said it was taking too long to get over the line earlier on today

These things seem to be said as nearly done and then done within 48 hrs

Lets hope angeldust knows no more than me and is just speculating due to time

Alternatively maybe the belgium guy has gone and sone one else is taking us over

Chill ya beans no worse postition than xmas day
  • Options
    As I said on page 4, two and a half days ago;
    "Not all done and dusted then.
    Have we been here before?"

And I knew that without being ITK.

What I will predict (my own opinion), somewhere down the line, if our club is sold to a non Charlton supporter who only sees the club as a potential opportunity, it will end in tears. Just like it is now with our current non Charlton supporting owners. I think the future is pretty grim.
  • Options
    My pal Angeldust will keep us all up to date on the latest news!
  • Options
    What Davo said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have I mentioned that the last takeover happened on NYE and so will this one!

I have no idea who but have every confidence by tomorrow night someone might have!!

Have I said this??
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I have no idea who but have every confidence by tomorrow night someone might have!!

Have I said this??

Methinks Curb_it holds the key to this mystery.....!

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Have I said this??

You either know more than the rest of us or plan to go and squeeze Jiminez where it hurts until he agrees to accept the offer on the table. Go get him girl ;-)
  • Options
    Im still trying to workout why they had to come out and confirm they were in advanced talks with the fella on the os.

Why cant they just wait until its over the line rather than potentially shooting themself in the foot. Its not done until its done so and any bidder can pull out even if they are in advanced talks.
  • Options
    I'll do me best!

(Ps I know nothing just clinging to the end of the year date).
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I was just browsing through some of the comments on ITTV. This particular one caught my eye...

"I understand that the US interest hasn't gone away and there's another interested party. The Belgian is no further forward than the US bid which tells me that the leak to Charlie Sale was strategic to encourage all parties.

And as far as the reported £14m offer is concerned - the number is seriously higher but all parties have found the same probs following DD.

There's no guarantee that a deal is immediately forthcoming and who the preferred bid will come from!"

• Options
    Apparently this is the problem and RM wants his 1.5m back http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/8001820.stm
  • Options

Apparently this is the problem and RM wants his 1.5m back http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/8001820.stm

This article is from April 2009
  • Options
    edited December 2013

This article is from April 2009
    Correct, but interesting to see this again: "A residential site owned by the club near to the Valley, Lansdowne Mews, has also been sold as part of the deal to Bob Whitehand."

I believe we've been told more recently that Bob never owned it. Perhaps the latter is correct and the purchase never went through, but interesting nonetheless.