Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• Options

Addickted said:

Apparently this is the problem and RM wants his 1.5m back http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/8001820.stm

This article is from April 2009
    Correct, but interesting to see this again: "A residential site owned by the club near to the Valley, Lansdowne Mews, has also been sold as part of the deal to Bob Whitehand."

I believe we've been told more recently that Bob never owned it. Perhaps the latter is correct and the purchase never went through, but interesting nonetheless.
    Bob never owned it - though the Club did offer it to him.

I was told that it was sold by Steve Waggott to the Developer who is now sitting on it with PP, though this has never been confirmed.

I see you've corrected this from Steve Kavanagh and that's correct to my knowledge, although I believe Bob was involved on behalf of the board. Did Bob also tell you that he's been banned again?
    Sorry - should have put 'edited' - I meant the Geordie Smiler when I originally posted.

The deal wasn't done through RW, but was instigated by the Board with a third party, which was confirmed on here back in the Autumn. Co-incidently, the same person who worked with PV on bringing in the current owners.

Seeing as RW spends most home games in a pub in Sevenoaks, it doesn't surprise me he's persona non grata. I suppose when they need his signature on the transfer documents he'll be welcomed with open arms.
  • Options
    When Asked if the take over had collapsed
    @RichCawleySLP: @IanJRO Latest I'd heard is that still very much on.

Then asked when it will be finished
    @RichCawleySLP: @JackGalvin98 Not today. But is close.
  • Options
    I really did look hard but couldn't spot RD or even a lookalike.
  • Options
    if it's not done before midnight, does anyone know where Curb_It lives so we can all pile round there after our New Years Eve parties and boo outside her mansion/house/flat/maisonette/studio/care home?
  • Options
    For now there aren't any updates in Belgian press on the takeover. Not even on the gossip sites.

I can however predict wich players might move to Charlton if the takeover is complete. Reza en Dudu Biton would probably be first on the list.

I think Reza could make it in the championship but the premiership is way too high for him. He is very quick on and off the ball, has quite a bit of technique and a decent long-distance shot. His overall finishing could be better however. I see more of a winger in him as he has a decent cross but he wants to play up front.
    Reza was at STVV for over a year so I think I can judge him.

Biton I have only seen live 2 or 3 times and a decent amount of highlights. He might come to STVV if the deal with Charlton falls through. I don't think he's anywhere good enough for Charlton but he is a great finisher so you never know. His techincal abilities do not suffice however.
  • Options
    For now there aren't any updates in Belgian press on the takeover. Not even on the gossip sites.

I can however predict wich players might move to Charlton if the takeover is complete. Reza en Dudu Biton would probably be first on the list.

I think Reza could make it in the championship but the premiership is way too high for him. He is very quick on and off the ball, has quite a bit of technique and a decent long-distance shot. His overall finishing could be better however. I see more of a winger in him as he has a decent cross but he wants to play up front.

Biton I have only seen live 2 or 3 times and a decent amount of highlights. He might come to STVV if the deal with Charlton falls through. I don't think he's anywhere good enough for Charlton but he is a great finisher so you never know. His techincal abilities do not suffice however.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Curb_It said:

Getting a bit nervous.

Well, if it doesn't go through today - as you have been saying all along - then it's really going to feck up my New Year celebrations.
    You mean the big `Take Over Party' is teetering on the edge of disaster?.....and whats more those Iceland chicken vol au vent's simply won't keep.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Depends when he heard it really!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

sammy391 said:

Depends when he heard it really!
    Well he posted it at arround 2:30
  • Options
    Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit creepy taking a photo of the directors box and then discussing it on the Internet?

Maybe it's cos I've just finished watching 'The Burbs'
  • Options

Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit creepy taking a photo of the directors box and then discussing it on the Internet?

Maybe, but it ain't everyday you see Santa Claus at the football is it
  • Options
    My children were fascinated to see Santa at the Valley after all his hard work on christmas eve. Maybe they'll want to go next time we're in the country Big thumbs up from Spain for posting it!
  • Options
    STVVfan said:

As i have stated yesterday re loans if deal goes thru plus Iandoli ,but as this guy said all has gone cold on this side of the channel.

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Maybe, but it ain't everyday you see Santa Claus at the football is it

post of the year spat cider all over my lap top good call rob happy new year pal

• Options

I've just heard that the deal broke down after a site survey at the training ground yesterday found the remains of Cory Gibbs underneath the patio. A former manager and current director are helping police with their inquiries.

Was Omar Pouso also found?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alonso? Santa Claus?
  • Options
    How about adding Shergar, lord Lucan etc, then get back to meaningful news on a takeover. Smiley winky thing.
  • Options
    Airmans view...

votvonline.com
  • Options
    Adds a bit more weight to the Stephens to Palace rumour if Pulis and Parrish were there.
  • Options

Adds a bit more weight to the Stephens to Palace rumour if Pulis and Parrish were there.

That's actually the reason the rumour started in the first place, so doesn't add any more weight to it.
  • Options
    This does add some more weight to it though:
    s2p.jpg 31.2K
  • Options
    Reams is reporting that Harris is due back in London on Thursday
  • Options

Reams is reporting that Harris is due back in London on Thursday

Last day of the DFS sale
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

That's actually the reason the rumour started in the first place, so doesn't add any more weight to it.
    Good! Hopefully they were just taking in a local game then.