Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    hope not just as i think he could command a decent fee and get a longer contract and could be sought after
  • Options

So who does everyone think this player is that Cawley mentioned?

David Mooney ?

:-)

Pretty sure whoever it is, plenty of Lifers will be underwhelmed

• Options
    DeeBee said:

So who does everyone think this player is that Cawley mentioned?

Brad Potts
    Angelina might have something to say about that !

• Options

Jackson & Miller or Church & Pigott ?

No brainer.

You forgot Ashton & Parsons
  • Options
    Sky: We are hearing Nottingham Forest are in talks to sign Sunderland striker Danny Graham on loan
  • Options
    Tom Rogic, who was linked with us has gone back to Australia.
  • Options
    Darren Purse, Hayden Mullins and....

Veteran winger Julian Gray has left Walsall following the end of his short-term contract.

Sign them all up Powell!

Sky Sports.
  • Options
    Yes to both imo and I will drive Sordell to back Bolton myself. We need two strikers.

Jackson- goals to starts record is impressive. Pacey and less of a headless chicken than Church
    Miller- not a natural goalscorer but a real nuisance player and would offer an alternative up top, certainly caused us problems in the past including last month at Yeovil. Strong and powerful.
  • Options
    More from football rumours:
    Charlton looking to slash out on SC Cambuur duo Michiel Hemmen and Erik Bakker.

Yes, it did say "slash out".

Anyway Cambuur are in the Dutch top flight, Hemmen is a 26-year=old striker and has scored 17 in 27 for them. Bakker is an attacking midfielder who has scored 21 in 48.

• Options
    It sounds like we are active. But could be all bs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Vicenzo Damn! thought I had you there with the 'slash' as retribution for spotting my 'asses' for passes on Saturday :-)
  • Options
    Probably the FR stuff is bs, but I've no reason to think what Cawley's said isn't true and that's encouraging.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    There's a good player in there. Although it looks like we've lost out him according to Gary Johnson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiEH1wil2Hw
  • Options
    Must admit I'm not too bothered about Miller, but would love to see Simeon Jackson come to us.
  • Options
    It's like the Takeover thread, I'm refreshing every 5 minutes in anticipation to see if we're going to sign someone (that doesn't play for Standard Liege)......

I really hope so, we need some fresh impetus and positivity to keep the spirits up. I think we're all agreed we're in trouble if Yann doesn't get a better partner.

Jackson's pace would give us something a bit different I think. I actually think he's a bit more of an assured finisher than Sordell from what I remember, and Church is well, Church, so hope this goes through.

Miller has done the rounds, but I reckon he'll give us more of a physical presence like Yann does.

I eagerly await some sort of confirmation.
  • Options
    NOTTS COUNTY have put striker Danny Haynes, 26, on the transfer list after 22 appearances and four goals since his summer switch from Charlton.
  • Options

NOTTS COUNTY have put striker Danny Haynes, 26, on the transfer list after 22 appearances and four goals since his summer switch from Charlton.

Powell or someone got that one right
  • Options
    I don't think we should get too into goal scoring stats. There's too many variables which aren't taken into account.

As others have said Kerm's record was poor before joining us. In our current team, many good strikers would struggle when we're lucky to create on genuine opportunity a game.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Vincenzo said:

Anyway Cambuur are in the Dutch top flight, Hemmen is a 26-year=old striker and has scored 17 in 27 for them. Bakker is an attacking midfielder who has scored 21 in 48.

Tim Henman and Sue Barker ? .. now that WOULD be a formidable strike force .. get them racquets flying
    But seriously folks .. A double dose of Dutch could be just what we need .. remember Thjssen and Muhren at Ipswich ? .. no? .. well it was a long time ago .. Dutch players are usually fit, well coached and very competitive.. I hope this rumour has some legs
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Um.....Football Rumours !

I suppose that a Dutch connection could be down to RD.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd better not tell my son as he'll want us to sign him up again - he was gutted when we let him go in the summer.

• Options
    Don't think the Valley Pitch would do much for Danny Haynes hamstring.
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

Tim Henman and Sue Barker ? .. now that WOULD be a formidable strike force .. get them racquets flying
    But seriously folks .. A double dose of Dutch could be just what we need .. remember Thjssen and Muhren at Ipswich ? .. no? .. well it was a long time ago .. Dutch players are usually fit, well coached and very competitive.. I hope this rumour has some legs
    Unfortunately Lincs I do and if there was any mileage in the rumour and they are half as good we'd benefit. Maybe they were on the radar of RD's coaching staff next door at his Belgian clubs :-0
  • Options
    vff said:

1. Charlton linked with half decent player
    2. Discuss player
    3. Silence + news of other clubs interested
    4. Player gone to xyz
    5. Arrival of Liege surplus player.

:-)

6. Hope Simon Church is just teasing us with his performances thus far, and we already have a sufficient forward line.
  • Options

More surprised that he has managed 22 appearances in half a season!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24
    QPR & Charlton are monitoring Joe Cole's contract situation at West Ham. #QPR #cafc #whufc

This appeared on twitter earlier.

{Edit, sorry, just noticed this was already on this thread].
  • Options

More surprised that he has managed 22 appearances in half a season!!!
    Probably one of their bigger earners.

4 in 22 is not good for him in L1, he got 7 last year for us (not sure how many starts tbf).

Would rather him than Church
  • Options

SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24
    QPR & Charlton are monitoring Joe Cole's contract situation at West Ham. #QPR #cafc #whufc

This appeared on twitter earlier.

{Edit, sorry, just noticed this was already on this thread].

Johnnie Jackson's twin!
  • Options
    Like the idea of Jackson but concerned at those talking about him feeding off Yann's flick ons. That suggests a continuation of the long ball tactics and I think that Jackson would end up just charging around in the Church style. If they were teamed in a slicker, mostly on the deck interplay system, supported by at least one attacking winger, they would be much more effective. Haven't seen enough of miller to have a strong view but remember him as fast and skillful in his early days at man city.