Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options

DJ Campbell has signed for Millwall.

Lets hope he carries on not scoring.

Wonder what odds you could give him to send them down...
    he did all right for Ipswich last season - 10 goals in 17 games..........which i'll take any day of the week. Even better for Blackpool the season or 2 before. Hasn't done anything this season, but has had a few problems re match fixing so that may be affecting him.

• Options
    cafcdan18 said:

Cawley just tweeted that there is some CAFC transfer news tomorrow not involving Standard Liege.

I've heard it's a short sighted, 5"2' goalie, from Ujpest Doza, called Icant Reech Thecrozbar :-(
  • Options
    Holloway got the best out of Campbell at Blackpool, unfortunately I expect him to do well there.
  • Options
    They're still going down
  • Options
    Let's get real what decent striker is going to sign on loan for charlton. Strkers thrive on scoring to enable them to command big money. Charlton offer knock ons from Yann and poor quality crosse from our wide men. Add to this the prospect of playing up front alone. Best hope is somebody from RDs stable or an improver from a lower League.
  • Options

DJ Campbell has signed for Millwall.

Lets hope he carries on not scoring.

Campbell has said he's odds on to get a yellow card, in his first game :-)
  • Options
    Your jokes are getting worse.
  • Options

I hope not...........we have Wilson to cover Solly.

WE NEED A STRIKER

Wilson is a midfielder. If we need long-term cover for Solly then he is not the answer.
  • Options
    Wilson has done fine at right back this season.
  • Options
    Wilson is not a full back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wilson has done a lot better at RB this season.

Prefer him in midfield, but in terms of Solly back-up, Wilson is just fine and money best spent elsewhere.
  • Options
    Wilson is awful
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Wilson is awful

Were you at the Brighton game, or the majority of games this season. Wilson has been one of our most improved players this season. He is not in the same league as Solly, but few in our division are.
  • Options
    Wilson has been one of our best players
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Wilson is awful

Gawd knows what you think of the rest of them then. Wilson is having a decent enough season.
  • Options
    solly and Wilson on the right are a great double act and if we can get them fit and keep them together its a partnership that could really help us out of this hole we are in. just wonder if evina and wiggins could work the same way.
  • Options
    Solly who?
  • Options
    Wilson is wasted at RB when he's the best RM at the club, I'd rather get another RB and play Wilson at RM instead of the likes of Pritchard and Green...
  • Options
    Sam Baldock
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Solly who?

come on p mate.. you know who solly is its delboys lawyer....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beckboy said:

Sam Baldock

Didn't pull up any trees for Bristol City last season, especially when you take out the pens he scored.

However, has a good record in L1, hopefully we have better team than Bristol City did last year and he is the type of striker who should complement Yann.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Lol to all the people who think Wilson has been fantastic all season.

I'm genuinely sad I missed the Brighton game-my son was being born so I missed lawrie's moment of glory. I petitioned for Wilson as a middle name but my mrs wasn't happy with basing our sons name on irony - *I've been at all the other home games*

I think he's nowhere near good enough to play for us. Let's agree to disagree
  • Options
    Wilson has had a mixed season. Some very good performances, most average/good enough, a few poor.

If you haven't seen all the games, it's quite likely people will have different opinions, based on the games they've seen.
  • Options
    I thought this was a January Transfer rumours thread?
  • Options
    Wilson is improved I'll give hime that much. Bottom third championship player at very best. If that's where we aim to be then fine. If we want more then LW won't help take us there other than squad cover.
  • Options
    cafcdan18 said:

mrbligh said:

Wilson is awful

Were you at the Brighton game, or the majority of games this season. Wilson has been one of our most improved players this season. He is not in the same league as Solly, but few in our division are.
    He played in midfield that game. He has been a lot better at right back this season and one of our best players along with Wood, Stephens, Cousins and Yann. He is better in midfield though and is our best option on the right there.

Anyway, back to those rumours...
  • Options
    So who does everyone think this player is that Cawley mentioned?
  • Options

Hayden Mullins
  • Options

Brad Potts
  • Options
    With Leicester signing Phillips and a new winger, it may be someone from there, especially with the Powell connection.

Or maybe Matt Fryatt, played with Powell (and Yann) at Leicester, scored goals in the Championship including this season for the Massives and quite a way down the pecking order for Hull with the arrival of Long and Jelavic.

Pure speculation though.