Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    Craig mackail smith....?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    vff said:

Dizzle said:

cafcdan18 said:

Cawley just tweeted that there is some CAFC transfer news tomorrow not involving a Standard Liege.

Probably one out?

I just asked him and he said "Potential in, Definite player they want"
    Good news if true and it is a decent player. What happened to the alleged Iranian world cup striker Reza ? Ozturk etc. Liege 18 year old winger, on loan now just training.

It's all a bit Annie Hall.

'There will be a striker signed tomorrow, bet you your bottom dollar that a striker will be signed tomorrow. There'll be goals. Tomorrow, tomorrow, a striker tomorrow, its only a day away'.

Just save the rumour until the announcement already.

Annie Hall, my favourite Woody Allen musical.
  • Options

cafcdan18 said:

cfgs said:

This is not a rumour and probably should be posted elsewhere..... but hasn't Billy Sharp's loan to Reading ended? He would be a good fit, coming into his late 20s and a proven record at this level (although probably too expensive).

Billy Sharp would imo be an excellent signing, the type of striker need. Expect him to go back up north though.
    Lol, I reckon we should have a standard paragraph on here with a blank space, it should read:

".....................would imo be an excellent signing, the type of striker we need".

I can just see the names of Hulse, N'Gussen, Church, Sordell etc, etc, on it now

Possibly, but Sharp is proven at Championship level over a number of years and is a natural goalscorer. Church and N'Guessen have never scored goals consistently at our level.
  • Options
    Is it time to call up Gary Goals now?
  • Options

Craig mackail smith....?

i thought he was out injured

• Options

Craig mackail smith....?

Hopefully so... Although as @uie2 says... He has been injured a lot of late so might be a gamble if he's not ready till March (and Brighton are no longer signing Lewis Grabban)

At a long shot it could be Lee Gregory of FC Halifax Town... has scored bucket loads of goals in his first Conference season and apparently at one Halifax game I heard there were about 20 scouts going up to Championship level having a look at him
  • Options

Is it time to call up Gary Goals now?

No, he needs to arrive when we are 3-0 down vs Blackpool on the final game and all but relegated. He manages to get
    into the ground in time after being kidnapped and tied to a railway line. An astonishing double hat trick gives us a 6-5 victory with only seconds to spare.
  • Options
    Schlupp?
  • Options
    Thommo said:

Schlupp?

Think he's a regular at Leicester now so I unlikely

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Craig mackail smith....?

At a long shot it could be Lee Gregory of FC Halifax Town... has scored bucket loads of goals in his first Conference season and apparently at one Halifax game I heard there were about 20 scouts going up to Championship level having a look at him
    IMO that's too a big step for a player in the Conference to make - our need is right now, could he make an impact in our 1st team?

Again IMO, I would doubt it. The time to make speculative signings with big potential is in the summer, giving them time to bed down without any pressure.
  • Options

I assumed Cawley meant we had an incoming transfer.

Whoever this supposed signing is Cawley seems to rate him...

@MiniFinchy Yeah! Decent player too. That is purely my opinion. Before I'm ripped to shreds on MBs for bigging up the story....
  • Options
    Rooney's been wanting out at united...
  • Options
    The Transfer Tracker on Sky Sports News has said that along with Nottingham Forest we're currently tracking Portsmouth Defender: Sonny Bradley.

We are hearing a number of Sky Bet Championship sides are tracking highly-rated Portsmouth defender Sonny Bradley. Bradley joined Portsmouth last summer from Hull and has quickly established himself as a key performer at Fratton Park. The powerful central defender has been a stand-out performer for Portsmouth during the first half of the season and has made 30 appearances in all competitions so far this term. Bradley's performances have not gone unnoticed higher up the football pyramid with the likes of Nottingham Forest and Charlton
  • Options
    Gotta be a player who is or has been n English football if Cawley rates him, surely?
  • Options
    defo Jason Scotland
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

defo Jason Scotland

Two strikers would be really pushing the boat out.
  • Options
    Might be Elliot Grandin from Palace who we were linked with a few weeks ago, Cawley would know about him!
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

defo Jason Scotland

Thought defo was in canada aye..
  • Options
    Sky Sports:

We are hearing a number of Sky Bet Championship sides are tracking highly-rated Portsmouth defender Sonny Bradley. Bradley joined Portsmouth last summer from Hull and has quickly established himself as a key performer at Fratton Park. The powerful central defender has been a stand-out performer for Portsmouth during the first half of the season and has made 30 appearances in all competitions so far this term. Bradley's performances have not gone unnoticed higher up the football pyramid with the likes of Nottingham Forest and Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I must have missed this but Adam El-Abd has left Brighton for Bristol City. Weird one.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Might be Elliot Grandin from Palace who we were linked with a few weeks ago, Cawley would know about him!

Stephen Dobbie is a possible.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    DJ Campbell has signed for Millwall.

Lets hope he carries on not scoring.
  • Options
    To answer an earlier question – DJ Campbell has gone to Millwall till the end of the season.
  • Options

DJ Campbell has signed for Millwall.

Lets hope he carries on not scoring.

Wonder what odds you could give him to send them down...
  • Options
    Back up for Solly?

Sky Sports:

We are hearing a number of clubs have expressed an interest in taking Cardiff City defender John Brayford on loan. Brayford, who joined Cardiff from Derby last summer, is thought to be available on loan during this month's transfer window. The news has alerted a host of clubs with the right-back establishing himself as one of the best full-backs in the Championship during his time at Derby. The likes of Bournemouth, Blackpool, Ipswich and Sheffield United, where his former Derby boss Nigel Clough is in charge, are all thought to have made enquiries for the 26-year-old.
  • Options

Back up for Solly?

Sky Sports:

We are hearing a number of clubs have expressed an interest in taking Cardiff City defender John Brayford on loan. Brayford, who joined Cardiff from Derby last summer, is thought to be available on loan during this month's transfer window. The news has alerted a host of clubs with the right-back establishing himself as one of the best full-backs in the Championship during his time at Derby. The likes of Bournemouth, Blackpool, Ipswich and Sheffield United, where his former Derby boss Nigel Clough is in charge, are all thought to have made enquiries for the 26-year-old.

I wondered this earlier if this signing Cawley has mentioned is a Right-Back rather than a Striker... John Brayford wouldnt be a bad choice at all as well
  • Options
    I hope not...........we have Wilson to cover Solly.

WE NEED A STRIKER
  • Options
    still think it will be Goochi
  • Options
    so we are gettin a goalie then? coz we need back up for thuram since alnick is sick and hamer is not on top form and pope is a youngster.