Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    I agree, wiggins, kerm, Stephens should be getting deals and morro and hamer as back up.

The rest are replaceable
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Pretty much in agreement with the above, I'd add Wilson as well. If all those are signed up, it gives us a squad of eight plus youth prospects. The best indication yet that this squad has had NO decent investment over the last two years.

2014/15 team anyone?

NPope
    CSolly KFeely HLennon MFox
    AAzeez DPoyet JCousins BJordan CHarriott
    JPiggott

DPhillips, OMuldoon, JGomez, KDaniel, THolmes-Dennis, HGerard, TSho-Silva

BRILLIANT
  • Options

Pretty much in agreement with the above, I'd add Wilson as well. If all those are signed up, it gives us a squad of eight plus youth prospects. The best indication yet that this squad has had NO decent investment over the last two years.

2014/15 team anyone?

NPope
    JPiggott

BRILLIANT

Where's Jason Scotland?
  • Options

2014/15 team anyone?

NPope
    JPiggott

BRILLIANT

Where are all the Goalkeepers? - Can only see two there!!!
  • Options

2014/15 team anyone?

NPope
    JPiggott

BRILLIANT

Where are all the Goalkeepers? - Can only see two there!!!
    The end is nigh.
  • Options
    What does concern me is the complete lack of credible rumours.
  • Options
    Ngoo from Liverpool on footie rumours. Credible. Not a great scoring record so good be true!
  • Options
    Yannis Mbombo from...Standard Liege. Of course. 19 years old, has one senior game to his name. Season saviour he is not.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yannis_Mbombo
  • Options

Yannis Mbombo from...Standard Liege. Of course. 19 years old, has one senior game to his name. Season saviour he is not.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yannis_Mbombo

I'm sure he's an exciting prospect but if he's the striker we get in and not Reza or a proven championship goal scorer then I will be very worried.

• Options
    I wonder how bad Solly's knee is, if it's likely to cause him problems for the rest of the season, then a new RB would be helpful, as Wilson is a right sided decent midfielder, and it would be better to play him there rather than as a so so defender.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reza the Iranian striker will want to play as he is in the world cup squad for Brazil. Could be good. Right midfield is a concern.
  • Options
    vff said:

Reza the Iranian striker will want to play as he is in the world cup squad for Brazil. Could be good. Right midfield is a concern.

Possibly sorted by the addition of koç?
  • Options
    Just hoping we can bring Reza in now, he could really provide a cutting edge.
  • Options
    vff said:

Wilson's best position is Right Midfield, if we can find someone else to play RB!
  • Options
    Just a young shaver, not sure if he'll be able to cut it through the stubble of the Valley pitch.
  • Options
    Reza with a cutting edge, you mean WMT?

Let's hope he's sharp.
  • Options
    Apologies if this has been posted already but on Reza Ghoochannejhad's wiki page it says:

"On 20 January 2014, Ghoochannejhad publicly expressed an interest into transferring to Charlton Athletic on a permanent basis. it is said that Charlton's new owner Roland Duchatelet has agreed a loan deal with a view to a permanent switch at the end of the season should the south London club avoid relegation."
  • Options
    20 January 2014.....? In the future?
  • Options

Apologies if this has been posted already but on Reza Ghoochannejhad's wiki page it says:

"On 20 January 2014, Ghoochannejhad publicly expressed an interest into transferring to Charlton Athletic on a permanent basis. it is said that Charlton's new owner Roland Duchatelet has agreed a loan deal with a view to a permanent switch at the end of the season should the south London club avoid relegation." - What a load of bollox

Thanks for sharing but as its on Wiki I could just edit it to the above like I have with your quote.
  • Options
    I thought the fears that we would only get other RD players in on loan were exaggerated. Oh dear. We are shopping in a very small shop with not much on the shelves...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014

"On 20 January 2014, Ghoochannejhad publicly expressed an interest into transferring to Charlton Athletic on a permanent basis. it is said that Charlton's new owner Roland Duchatelet has agreed a loan deal with a view to a permanent switch at the end of the season should the south London club avoid relegation."

Good news, we are hearing ahead of times if true. Looks like he could score a few goals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reza_Ghoochannejhad

To Reza - I would say

'be chartlon kosh amadin - khalie goal bezan ! '

Welcome to Charlton - score lots of goals !

Reza as Millwall khalie enzejar dareh - Reza really hates Millwall !
  • Options

"On 20 January 2014, Ghoochannejhad publicly expressed an interest into transferring to Charlton Athletic on a permanent basis. it is said that Charlton's new owner Roland Duchatelet has agreed a loan deal with a view to a permanent switch at the end of the season should the south London club avoid relegation." - What a load of bollox

Thanks for sharing but as its on Wiki I could just edit it to the above like I have with your quote.
    You're welcome. And thanks for explaining to everyone how wiki works ;o)

• Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014
    Reza's English is probably fine. Following in the fine footsteps of Karim Bagheri (Charlton Midfield didn't play much). Hopefully more Ali Daei (famous Iranian footballer in German football, who played many games) than Karim Barigheri who played little - with all due respects to Bagheri.

The Reza wikkipedia Charlton quote is unsourced but it says that Duchalet is aware of the possibility of relegation. If that's case, strengthen the club so it doesn't happen ffs. Duchalet should be looking at resolving the weaknesses of the team. Maybe Reza is a roll of that dice. Reza is a striker and shows promise, it is a start. Hopefully it is going to happen.

4 loans only from Liege, with Thuram, Koc, and AA Reza would make 4.
  • Options
    I think we need to be careful not too heap too much pressure on the Iranian if he were to join us.

Pretending he is our saviour when he may just turn out to be another Church won't help anyone.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014

• Options
    Adam Le Fondre chose a great time to show his worth yesterday for Reading.

Not that we were ever really in the race but would have been nice.

In terms of Reza, his stats are decent, am interested to know what type of striker he is.
  • Options
    Looks like a tidy finisher to me. YouTube is FACT
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It says this now:

On the 18th January, Reza took a Delorian time machine into the future and, on 20 January 2014, publicly expressed an interest into transferring to Charlton Athletic on a permanent basis. it is said that Charlton's new owner Roland Duchatelet has agreed a loan deal with a view to a permanent switch at the end of the season should the south London club avoid relegation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reza_Ghoochannejhad