Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    Surely our 'statitician' owner will work out the problem soon.

1. If we stay the 2nd lowest scorers in the league we will go down.

2. If we only have 2 shoots on target like today we will not get results and will go down.

3. If we don't get results and go down you will have pissed £20m up the wall.

Do the maths Roland & get an f'ing striker in!
  • Options
    Sky Sports Sources: Wolves have made an enquiry for Leicester City forward Jeffrey Schlupp.
  • Options
    I'm sure that Roland did not buy us expecting us to be in League 1 next season. He will either replace CP and back the new man or stick with CP till the summer but back him now. Eithr way he won't want to see us in League One next season.
  • Options

I'm sure that Roland did not buy us expecting us to be in League 1 next season. He will either replace CP and back the new man or stick with CP till the summer but back him now. Eithr way he won't want to see us in League One next season.

Agree there is no way he bought this club to be relegated in his first season. I wonder if its still a case of yes we are in less financial bother but we still have a long way to go so we still need to wheel and deal for players. Wheel and deal strikers are not usually very good though as there is usually a reason why they are cheap or their parent clubs want to loan them out.

I just want to see improvement in performances and results. I hope its with Powell i really really do, but whether it should be Powell.... i don't honestly know. I'm a sentimental soul and really want Powell to be the most successful manager for us, but if its not working then is sentimentality really whats needed? I'm sure his lack of funding hasn't helped, but sometimes his tactics and team selections are a little strange. I'd like to see his given some funds and see what he can do before the end of the season. A fair crack with some backing will show what he can do.

I wonder if that Craig Mackail-Smith rumour has any legs. He used to be on fire in front of goal, but injury history is a concern.

• Options
    Moussa @ Coventry is a Belgian .. Praps our new leader can have a word in his ear (French/Flemish/English) and get him to sign for us .. if Pressley will let him
  • Options
    Madz said:

Agree there is no way he bought this club to be relegated in his first season. I wonder if its still a case of yes we are in less financial bother but we still have a long way to go so we still need to wheel and deal for players. Wheel and deal strikers are not usually very good though as there is usually a reason why they are cheap or their parent clubs want to loan them out.

I just want to see improvement in performances and results. I hope its with Powell i really really do, but whether it should be Powell.... i don't honestly know. I'm a sentimental soul and really want Powell to be the most successful manager for us, but if its not working then is sentimentality really whats needed? I'm sure his lack of funding hasn't helped, but sometimes his tactics and team selections are a little strange. I'd like to see his given some funds and see what he can do before the end of the season. A fair crack with some backing will show what he can do.

I wonder if that Craig Mackail-Smith rumour has any legs. He used to be on fire in front of goal, but injury history is a concern.

Would not be the first owner to feck things up because they thought their plan is good and only to be proved wrong and would not be the last.

We have to go on evidence of actions. The evidence is not good so far. Willing to be convinced otherwise. Every day passes and nothing happens again.
  • Options
    Would not be the first owner to feck things up because they thought their plan is good and only to be proved wrong and would not be the last.

We have to go on evidence of actions. The evidence is not good so far. Willing to be convinced otherwise. Every day passes and nothing happens again.
    Errr what. W have signed 2 attacking players. rumoured to be signign a striker whether it be cms or becchio. we only need to sign one more player now if we keep our players. ok they are not marquee signings but still it is signings. ill admit the goalkeeper one made no sense

• Options
    Not marquee signings, you got that right. Ardvarech (whatever), a non quick left footed midfielder who played 2 games last season. A goal keeper who we barely need and an 18 year old winger who seems more for training with the youth team then to rescue use from the relegation. Be still my beating heart.

Rumours of signings doesn't stack up on the evidence side of things.

Striker and right midfield/half, left midfield / left wing would help but if only one player, a striker.
  • Options

18 Jan 2014 13:59:31
    Charlton are on the verge of agreeing loan deals with Liege for Liege strikers Yannis Mbombo and Reza Ghoochannejhad who has expressed an interest to leave the club in this window.
  • Options

Charlton are on the verge of agreeing loan deals with Liege for Liege strikers Yannis Mbombo and Reza Ghoochannejhad who has expressed an interest to leave the club in this window.

'Agreeing deals'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

'Agreeing deals'
    Loan deals
  • Options

Would be surprised , seeing as once anil koc signs we can only have one more liege player I believe
  • Options
    Unless Anil is coming to the development squad ?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Reza from SL & Dani Pacheco from Alcorcon, please and thank you Mr. Duchatelet.
  • Options

'Agreeing deals'
    Loan deals
    What I meant is, we're not agreeing deals with anyone. Duchatelet owns both clubs. He decides.
  • Options

'Agreeing deals'
    Loan deals
    What I meant is, we're not agreeing deals with anyone. Duchatelet owns both clubs. He decides.
    Well not strictly true is it. The player needs to agree for a start. That's why Ozturk didn't come.

• Options
    Anil Koç S ‏@FinallyKoc 39m
    It s a honor for me to join Charlton, Respect to all Charlton s fans ! #cafc

• Options
    TravHouse said:

And I should think so, too. Call me old-fashioned, but we don't need star-struck youngsters. We need experienced, tough, cunning and skilful players to get us out of a relegation dog-fight.

• Options

TravHouse said:

And I should think so, too. Call me old-fashioned, but we don't need star-struck youngsters. We need experienced, tough, cunning and skilful players to get us out of a relegation dog-fight.

i think anil koc is over here as a youth loan to take in youth football in england! i maybe wrong of caulse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome Anil. I hope you enjoy your time with us.
  • Options
    Well said cordoban.
  • Options

maxime lestiene... looks more millwall than addick so pass..

"Your prints are all over it Max. You're right in the frame. Do yourself a favour, tell us who put you up to it and we can make sure you only get a few months."
  • Options
    I think the reason people have a go at the owners, the players being brought in and everything else is that they don't want to criticise Powell. We have played some awful sterile hoofball this season. I like Powell as a man and he has done some good things,101 points and finishing 9th. We are short of quality players, but I really think the right sort of Manager would get some more from these players. Powell, to me, sets up the team not to lose rather than to go on the offensive, to win.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I can't understand all the negativity about these Liege loan players. Maybe they're not world beaters but our squad isn't exactly full of them is it? Their joining will only make it stronger. If the deals were players out rather than in then we'd have something to complain about.

Regarding RD I don't think this is a man who is going to be waving millions of pounds around. He's shrewd and he will try to build the club sensibly. I am sure our league position and lack of goals have not escaped his attention. It's his money on the line. I'm pretty confident that further reinforcements will be coming in soon including a striker - but I doubt it will be a big money move - more likely loans.
  • Options
    I think those having a go at the new owners fail to realise the need for players without breaking the bank this season
  • Options
    It's not just new players we need, it's the contract situation of the majority of the squad and coaching staff. That is not good for morale. Powell has voiced this publicly as did Andy Hughes on FL72 this week.
  • Options
    The players we have are in a relegation fight. Do you honestly think that if they all had three year deals we would be in mid table?

There's a reason solly and cousins got new deals- thy are out best players,

The others are not good enough, only the players good enough for the championship will be retained
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

The players we have are in a relegation fight. Do you honestly think that if they all had three year deals we would be in mid table?

The others are not good enough, only the players good enough for the championship will be retained

I agree to an extent but I think the likes of Morrison, Wiggins and Yann are well worth another 2 years.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Wiggins and Kermirgant are good enough and all of our centre backs are out of contract at the end if this seaaon so we need to retain one or 2 or buy 4 new CBs in the summer