Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    Safe to say Reza is not a churchy type player. Faster and a finisher for starters. Decent scoring record and not playing. Wants to play at the world cup though so might prefer somewhere more in the spotlight
  • Options
    Being on Wiki means absolutely nothing I'm afraid.
  • Options
    How big is the Liege squad FFS?
  • Options
    Looks like a reasonable scoring record
  • Options

How big is the Liege squad FFS?

At this rate, by the end of
    January it will be about half the size it was at the beginning of the month...
  • Options
    The Guardian:

'Danny Graham out on loan to Bolton Wanderers or Nottingham Forest once his loan spell at Hull City comes to an end.'

I know he prefers to stay up north but is he worth trying to persuade to spend a few months down here instead? Good forward who has lost his way a bit. Scored goals for Watford and Swansea in this division.

Or even poaching a Bolton (in exchange for Sordell!) or Forest forward once one of those has signed him?
  • Options
    Im not sure if this has been posted on this thread

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Yeovil-Town-likely-beat-Doncaster-Rovers-Charlton/story-20463759-detail/story.html

Apparently we are interested in signing Ishmael Miller on loan. Im not a great fan but Im sure he would put a bit more pressure on in the opponents penalty box then present.
  • Options

QPR & Charlton are monitoring Joe Cole's contract situation at West Ham. #QPR #cafc #whufc

ha ha.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

QPR & Charlton are monitoring Joe Cole's contract situation at West Ham. #QPR #cafc #whufc

Don't know whether to like or LOL that.

• Options
    Shrew said:

Im not sure if this has been posted on this thread

http://www.westerngazette.co.uk/Yeovil-Town-likely-beat-Doncaster-Rovers-Charlton/story-20463759-detail/story.html

Apparently we are interested in signing Ishmael Miller on loan. Im not a great fan but Im sure he would put a bit more pressure on in the opponents penalty box then present.

There is a player in there, somewhere. Got to get his head right.

For me, he would be Sordell MkII
  • Options

I wonder you will win the race for his signature. If you can call it a race.

• Options

I thought the fears that we would only get other RD players in on loan were exaggerated. Oh dear. We are shopping in a very small shop with not much on the shelves...

CP normally shops at Lidl, didn't he say?

• Options
    cafcdan18 said:

In terms of Reza, his stats are decent, am interested to know what type of striker he is.

A goalscoring one, I hope
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Don't know whether to like or LOL that.

Same!
  • Options
    Be great if true, but I think we've got more chance signing Nat King Cole, rather than Joe
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

I wonder you will win the race for his signature. If you can call it a race.

deeply, deeply concerning if true .in the Summer of 2016/January 2017 our "marque" signings will doubtless be none other than Mark Noble and Carlton Cole .No thanks to any of this lot

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Cawley just tweeted that there is some CAFC transfer news tomorrow not involving Standard Liege.

Probably one out?
  • Options
    Pritchard to Oxford? He hasn't played in the FA Cup this season so won't be cup-tied!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

Pritchard to Oxford? He hasn't played in the FA Cup this season so won't be cup-tied!

Harsh but funny!

• Options
    Dizzle said:

cafcdan18 said:

Cawley just tweeted that there is some CAFC transfer news tomorrow not involving a Standard Liege.

Probably one out?

I just asked him and he said "Potential in, Definite player they want"
    "They" being the Belgium's no doubt?
  • Options
    did Campbell go to Millwall in the end?
  • Options
    I assumed Cawley meant we had an incoming transfer.
  • Options
    This is not a rumour and probably should be posted elsewhere..... but hasn't Billy Sharp's loan to Reading ended? He would be a good fit, coming into his late 20s and a proven record at this level (although probably too expensive).
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

cafcdan18 said:

Cawley just tweeted that there is some CAFC transfer news tomorrow not involving a Standard Liege.

Probably one out?

I just asked him and he said "Potential in, Definite player they want"
    Good news if true and it is a decent player. What happened to the alleged Iranian world cup striker Reza ? Ozturk etc. Liege 18 year old winger, on loan now just training.

It's all a bit Annie Hall.

'There will be a striker signed tomorrow, bet you your bottom dollar that a striker will be signed tomorrow. There'll be goals. Tomorrow, tomorrow, a striker tomorrow, its only a day away'.

Just save the rumour until the announcement already.

• Options
    If its a Striker can we finally expect one of the following signing... Paul Benson / Stuart Fleetwood / Chris Dickson or even Paul Emblem?
  • Options
    cfgs said:

This is not a rumour and probably should be posted elsewhere..... but hasn't Billy Sharp's loan to Reading ended? He would be a good fit, coming into his late 20s and a proven record at this level (although probably too expensive).

Billy Sharp would imo be an excellent signing, the type of striker need. Expect him to go back up north though.
  • Options
    cafcdan18 said:

cfgs said:

Billy Sharp would imo be an excellent signing, the type of striker need. Expect him to go back up north though.
    Lol, I reckon we should have a standard paragraph on here with a blank space, it should read:

".....................would imo be an excellent signing, the type of striker we need".

I can just see the names of Hulse, N'Gussen, Church, Sordell etc, etc, on it now