Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    Dale would be a huge miss, him and Cousins have been the only consistent good link in this team for the majority of the season.
  • Options
    I think when the team is announced if he is in then its agent talk trying to shift villa along

But nathan jones knows what dale can do and that would explain the advanced talks stuff

We won't end up with poyet and cousins RD owns the club but powell picks the team

We have known for months dale can leave this window and a replacement will have been identified

Chill folks jim white will love all this drama
  • Options

players in

ajdarevic
    yohann thuram ulien
    anil koc
    reza ghoochanejhad
    loic nego

players out
    michael smith

.... what is the fuzz about

because 2 of them are fringe players at best and the other 3 have no English League experience............and Reza is yet to be confirmed.
  • Options
    The new guy has had several weeks now to sort it out, but seems to have spent all his time shipping in a load of players from elsewehere, whether Powell wants them or not. Or hopefully I am over-reacting...
  • Options

No way would powelly have let stephens talk to brighton and play tonight

If dale plays tonight then talks are not advanced

If dale don't play then its done and dusted

Or possibly just a serious interest and talks are happening - not a guarantee that anything is done and dusted. It's either done, in which case someone would be announcing it, or it isn't, in which case Stephens could still be our player on Saturday.

These players agents wouldn't be doing their jobs if they weren't drumming up interest in their players, especially nearly out of of contract in a transfer window.

Hopefully this will just force CAFC's hand into offering our best players decent deals that make them want to stay withus, but at the same time I hope we don't get held to ransome and succumb because as much as we like many of this squad, we are in the bottom three and they've all played their part in putting us there so none of them should feel irreplaceable.

• Options
    Cant Andy Hughes give Dale Stephens a kick in the shins ensuring he fails the medical?
  • Options

The new guy has had several weeks now to sort it out, but seems to have spent all his time shipping in a load of players from elsewehere, whether Powell wants them or not. Or hopefully I am over-reacting...

I'm sure that's all they've done
  • Options
    RD might not know much about the English transfer window goings on but Richard Murray does and surely they are working together?????????
  • Options
    I'm just surprised Hughesy has not recommended Leeds to Dale and Yan :p
  • Options

RD might not know much about the English transfer window goings on but Richard Murray does and surely they are working together?????????

The transfer window doesn't only exist in this country. RD owns loads of clubs so i'm quite sure he's aware of what goes on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rumour doing the rounds on Twitter is that Hamer is off to Liege on loan. Sounds like a wind up to me but...
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

dizzee said:

Give SCP a 5-year deal

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/54651/chris-powell/p1
    dizzee said:

Ok we may have hit some good form of late.

I only have one problem...

We haven't been playing that well or really dominating matches.

Can anyone say that they are really happy with Powell this season?

Phil Parkinson's contract is coming to an end at Bradford and it will be interesting to see which other lifers would agree that he would be a good choice to get us up to the prem?

dizzee said:

I'm surprised at the response to my thread.

Can any of you honestly say that we have played well since mid way through last season?

Yes as many of you have pointed out we won 6-0 v Barnsley but they had 2 sent off and we still didn't manage to dominate. It was embarrassing.

I just don't think Powell has sorted a team that can win matches.

Is it really everybody who disagrees with me?

There must be some other realistic Charlton fans out there?

I was having a laugh back then
  • Options
    Well if we're getting rid of Stephens, Yann and Wiggins then why don't we throw in Cousins and Solly too and then we really can enjoy League 1.
  • Options
    I don't know who is going to come in and who is going to go out but I would be truly amazed if we emerge from this with a worse squad.
  • Options

Fuck you Jiminez & Slater for sorting these contracts before you fucked off, now look at the shit you are causing us. Bunch of c**ts

Maybe that's one of the things that attracted Roland to us. He obviously knew the situation before he bought the club. It was one of the'pros' in the sales brochure after all.
    You would have thought some things would have been sorted by now if that wasn't the case.

• Options
    Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 18s

Millwall are eyeing a move for former Norwich striker Simeon Jackson who is also a target for Charlton. #millwall #cafc
  • Options
    Please tell me that you guys don't believe a player actually sits down and talks to a prospective club ?

All this stuff is done by agents, then when there is an "understanding" between the 2 clubs - there is personal dialogue (usually on the phone), then more formal chat before the medical.

DS's agent is probably in talks with a number of clubs about his availability.
  • Options
    Remember when RD sold a lot of Standard's first teamers and built the team back up from scratch?

Might be costing us a league position in order to force us through his change in philosophies.
  • Options

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 18s

Millwall are eyeing a move for former Norwich striker Simeon Jackson who is also a target for Charlton. #millwall #cafc

It just keeps getting better..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, catching up on CL and wish to buggery I hadn't. Pretty depressing.

If we were in reasonably safe mid-table territory, I would be reluctantly ok with cashing in on Yann and Dale while we can, provided good replacements were in place. But as it is, in the relegation shit big-time, selling them would be football and commercial suicide. We would be odd-on to go down and the consequences for RDs investment very severe.
  • Options
    The more I think about this the more I get annoyed. We're now in a situation where we're damned if we do and damned if we dont.

Say we tie up CP, Yann, wiggo and stephens then we left with a majority of the squad unhappy. If we don't then we're equally screwed! Should have sorted key contracts in summer and/or not get into the situation where we have a squad we want to ditch en masse in summer (which is sadly the case if we want to improve but no way to people manage a team if you want them happy and playing!)
  • Options
    Feel differently about selling to Brighton than Bournemouth , the Seagulls have a real chance of making the play offs Bournemouth do not.

I wouldn't be surprised by any developments in the next three days and hope NLA is right and we have a stronger squad.
  • Options
    All the speculation is typical charlton new owner etc but nothing ever changes .
  • Options
    Bournemouth have signed a full back called Adam Smith from Spurs, lets hope that it means they have turned their attention away from Wiggins. They have wealthy owner I understand and plan a number of signings.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Well if we're getting rid of Stephens, Yann and Wiggins then why don't we throw in Cousins and Solly too and then we really can enjoy League 1.

• Options
    Brian said:

Bournemouth have signed a full back called Adam Smith from Spurs, lets hope that it means they have turned their attention away from Wiggins. They have wealthy owner I understand and plan a number of signings.

Unfortunately he is a right back. Probably the end for Simon Francis though.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Brian said:

Unfortunately he is a right back. Probably the end for Simon Francis though.
    There's always a light at the end of the tunnel ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Dale is at Doncaster, just seem an Instagram vid of him arriving, whether he plays is a different question
  • Options
    Dale is at Doncaster tonight.