Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jan Transfer window thread (DEADLINE DAY STARTS P85)

Comments

• Options
    The squad stayed up North after the last match so If an offer was only made today he may not have had time to come back down.
  • Options
    If he starts "tackling" like rommedahl will not be happy.

Just gotta trust Powell to know how to keep them in the right state of mind for this one and not let any speculation get in the way of what's probably gonna be one of the biggest games of our season. Cept when we go Wembley of course for the cup final.
  • Options

The squad stayed up North after the last match so If an offer was only made today he may not have had time to come back down.

But they couldve come up let's wait if he starts its interest only if he don't its wrong frame of mind and talks
  • Options

No way would powelly have let stephens talk to brighton and play tonight

If dale plays tonight then talks are not advanced

If dale don't play then its done and dusted

Thank you for that clarity!
    The only thing we can do is look at actions NOT reports and spin...
    Let's support the team tonight and trust that the existing people like Richard Murray and Chris Powell are listened to when it comes to planning a route through the transfer and loan windows to improve the squad - for a cup run and secure our league status.

• Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 7m
    Numerous clubs now in for Simeon Jackson. Seems nailed on to come back to England. But which team is right up in the air. #cafc
  • Options
    when Cawley said talks advanced that could just be between the Clubs. Stephens agent would have already negotiated wages ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Dale starts tonight!
  • Options
    Yann starts as well.
  • Options

dale starts tonight!

and Kermorgant!!!
  • Options
    See chill out and relax all is going to be fine
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, but NLA, how do we KNOW? Give us details, we are weak and lack faith.
  • Options
    And breathe
  • Options
    175 scouts there including managers from every club in league 1, the Championship and the Premier league including those that are playing tonight.

Don't worry. All watching Donny players

: - )
  • Options
    Regarding Wiggins to Bournemouth I can't see that happening at all. They already have Charlie Daniels who is highly rated down there with Ian Hart as backup. Plus Adam Smith who they just signed for them can play LB as well as RB.
  • Options
    Unless we have around 4 players lined up in the next few days I can't see us staying in this division. Badly need depth and quality in all positions.
  • Options
    Does seem like it's all going tits up.
  • Options
    Trouble we have at the moment is being in the bottom 3,does anyone really think someone like simeon jackson,given the choice of us or a team even mid-table,would choose us?
  • Options
    We're dooooooooomed! I really am struggling to see how we will avoid a relegation battle without players coming in that will improve the team. Not sure we are going to get these by taking on Liege 2nd string players. Prove me wrong RD, prove me wrong
  • Options
    The next 2 weeks are just absolutely critical. Quality new faces needed urgently to give us any chance at all of survival in the Championship.
  • Options

Trouble we have at the moment is being in the bottom 3,does anyone really think someone like simeon jackson,given the choice of us or a team even mid-table,would choose us?

Get some players in from foreign leagues and tell them the league works upside down here. Crayzee Inglishers!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need players with proven Championship experience. RD needs to get his cheque book out.
  • Options
    vff said:

It can all turn around. It is hinted that 3 transfers are close, Powell's contract is apparently close to signing and the contracts of the main players could be secured. (Basically, Duchatlet doing the opposite of what he has done so far). The next 3 days are going to be important.

Its a bad result tonight and CP's not helped himself with the team selection. Charlton are in the bottom 3 and the situation is not yet hopeless. A bit of quality will make all the difference.

If nothing happens, important team members leave, there's no strengthening then Charlton fans will know that Duchatelet is not bothered at all to see Charlton in League One.

I am going to try and reserve judgement for 10 days or so. The evidence will be in then. I hope it is good.

why 10 days - the transfer window shuts in 3 !!! And before you say that there is a loan window, there is nothing stopping us getting loan players in now, so why wait for that one to close & then re-open !
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2014
    Not sure about the ins and outs of the emergency transfer window or how it works, Golf. I am just trying to keep my head.

Agree the next 3 days are vital. By Saturday, Charlton fans should have a good indication as to whether Duchatelet gives a flying one about the supporters, the club and whether he is at all bothered by the high risk of Charlton becoming a League One club. Maybe he thinks that it is not possible to run Charlton as a Championship club and wants to run it as a league one club ? Who the feck knows. Feck the PR interview, its the positive actions that counts.

I am still hopeful despite the miserable result and the evidence of Duchalet's actions so far. I am trying to base things on the evidence of what Duchatelet is actually doing or not for the club before passing a judgement. There's still time to bring some quality in, CP can get his contract sorted and sort the contracts of the quality players of the team. This is different to when the club got relegated last time, there is a chance for things to turn around and our championship status to be confirmed.
  • Options
    we will have Gucci in by Thursday
  • Options

Dutch media reporting on a 2 year deal - could have done with him from the get go in Jan

• Options

All the talk about Powell is completely useless if we don't have players in during the next few days.

No manager could keep us up with the squad we have currently.

now that's the truth right there

• Options
    Bubble said:

Dutch media reporting on a 2 year deal - could have done with him from the get go in Jan

It concerns me that most on here appear to already decided he is our messiah. when he doesn't hit the ground running. what is going to happen?

This bloke is not going to keep us up.

If he signs we'll still need a right winger, a left winger, another striker and some cover at right back - all of those are before we let anyone go.