Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup: Huddersfield vs. Charlton - Post Match Views 2014

Comments

• Options
    Is Kermogant up there?
  • Options

Is Kermogant up there?

don't know .. he's officially 'injured' .. let's hope 'injured' is not Celtic/Pictish for 'on the move'
  • Options
    Kerm travelled but didn't play.
  • Options

Is Kermogant up there?

don't know .. he's officially 'injured' .. let's hope 'injured' is not Celtic/Pictish for 'on the move'
    twittered before the match ......

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial · 9 hrs
    So the big news is a start for Astrit Ajdarevic today. For all you conspiracy theorists, Yann is here, but has been rested. #CAFCLive #cafc

• Options
    Why bother taking him up there if he was going to be rested?
  • Options

To inspire all those around him with his mere Yannlike presence
  • Options
    I think because the squad are staying until Tuesday and Doncaster so he remains part of that experience, at least I hope so
  • Options
    WSA said:

Is Kermogant up there?

twittered before the match ......

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial · 9 hrs
    So the big news is a start for Astrit Ajdarevic today. For all you conspiracy theorists, Yann is here, but has been rested. #CAFCLive #cafc

cheers .. and twitter, like statistics never lies !! .. having said that, Tuesday of course is a major major game for us
  • Options

Staying in Yorkshire ahead of the Donny game.
  • Options

the team is reportedly staying in Yorkshire until after the Doncaster game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fulham away please. Winnable and another boat trip!
  • Options

Evidently the players/staff are staying in Yorkshire until after the Doncaster game .. this is sensible, it keeps the morale buzzing after today's terrific win and saves unnecessary toing and froing along the Motorway network.
    I am REALLY looking forward to Tuesday, it will be a serious test of our mettle, mood and resolve ... COME ON YOU ADDICKS !!!!!!

On Twitter they have been spotted at Yates in Barnsley. Boys on tour oi oi!

• Options
    CP v low key after game. Focussed? Business like? My boy said it was odd, he enjoys seeing him celebrate. Curious.
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

Evidently the players/staff are staying in Yorkshire until after the Doncaster game .. this is sensible, it keeps the morale buzzing after today's terrific win and saves unnecessary toing and froing along the Motorway network.
    I am REALLY looking forward to Tuesday, it will be a serious test of our mettle, mood and resolve ... COME ON YOU ADDICKS !!!!!!

Good for them.

They got the result. Deserve some fun.

But why Baaaaaarrrnsleh ..... ?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

DanDavis said:

Good for them.

They got the result. Deserve some fun.

But why Baaaaaarrrnsleh ..... ?
    The Huddersfield Examiner and Jim Davidson both retweeted it...it must be true ;)
  • Options

For my sons sake I hope we get a decent Prem team (home or away), but I know we will get Sheff W or Wigan away - we always do.

What would we do without you, Golfie ?

;o)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

For my sons sake I hope we get a decent Prem team (home or away), but I know we will get Sheff W or Wigan away - we always do.

What would we do without you, Golfie ?

;o)
    Have chips with just salt and vinegar on them?

• Options
    Dale getting ALOT of satick from Huddersfield fans for his tackle! Some calling him 'sub-human scum' and hoping someone breaks his legs. Was it really that bad??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dale getting ALOT of satick from Huddersfield fans for his tackle! Some calling him 'sub-human scum' and hoping someone breaks his legs. Was it really that bad??

Look at the picture in the match thread it looks horrendous

Oh look we won and there's no moaning about the ref Atwell shock/ horror
    I thought the world/all refs were against us or could it be we had the rub of the green today
  • Options
    Well done to the 382 Addicks that got to Hudders
  • Options
    Arsenal at home would be good. They might not enjoy playing their passing game on our pitch!
  • Options
    So pleased i made the trip yesterday ! Agree with the comments on Evina, he, like Pritchard (i know he didn't play) need to either go out on loan or be sold. Both, including the Oxford game, looked disinterested and out of their depth, which is a shame as I thought they both looked Charlton type players. Anyway thats enough on them. Alnwick made some very good saves and kept us in the match. Morro looked slightly off his game, occasionally allowing Hudds too much time and being out of position. Dervite did ok. Midfield were solid, AA debut wasn't as inspiring as I would have liked but overall did ok. Stevens looked bang up for it, didnt see the challenge but from the reaction of the Hudds players, they obvisously weren't amused. Callum Harriott shouldnt start another game for us until he has recovered some confidence, I feel for Green as what he lacks in talent he more than makes up in effort and endeavour.When he came on he closed them down and changed the freedom the Hudds wingers were previously enjoying. JJ was solid and had a calming influence on the game. Sordell did nothing wrong but just looks as though he couldnt buy a good game for us. Pre match, I referred to Church as a less effective Gary Nelson. I am so pleased he got the goal, his effort in the last two games deserved the plaudits he got from the Charlton support who made the trip. Finally I got a mention from JJ on Twitter about my chant for Harry Lennon, 'he's better than John, he's better than John, Harry Lennon, he's better than John !' Topped off a very enjoyable day !!
  • Options
    In regards to the Stephens tackle I guess the Huddersfield fans have forgotten the scummy tackle by Anthony Kay on Wagstaff a few seasons ago...
  • Options
    Happy to be through, and now a home draw? Any other season I'd want us at the Valley, but since we lost all the grass, not sure if that's for the best. What the hell, Fulham or Arsenal at home.
  • Options
    WSS said:

There was a minor negative from the win after Cedric Evina was forced off after 35 minutes and was replaced by Harry Lennon and Powell was delighted with how the youngster acquitted himself.

“He had a dead leg after an eventful first 20 minutes,” he said.

“I had to bring the young lad on in the end. I thought he acquitted himself really well. Hopefully people like Ceddy will be available on Tuesday.”

Seems that Powell is hoping to have Evina back for the Doncaster game in spite of the poor reviews! Boy, Powell seem not to have seen the same match???
  • Options

WSS said:

There was a minor negative from the win after Cedric Evina was forced off after 35 minutes and was replaced by Harry Lennon and Powell was delighted with how the youngster acquitted himself.

“I had to bring the young lad on in the end. I thought he acquitted himself really well. Hopefully people like Ceddy will be available on Tuesday.”

Seems that Powell is hoping to have Evina back for the Doncaster game in spite of the poor reviews! Boy, Powell seem not to have seen the same match???
    The alternative being what - signing Ashley Cole?
  • Options
    Great summary Fanny. Couldn't disagree with any of the match stuff.

Astrid seems a bit too much like Jacko to play the two together. It remains to be seen if he has Jackos goals in him. I liked his enthusiasm and willingness to come to the fans at the end. Didn't notice Callum at the end though and as someone else said CP was oddly muted.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

WSS said:

The alternative being what - signing Ashley Cole?
    What's wrong with giving Lennon an extended run in the side seeing the positive feedback from those at the game?! He's one of our ow, for god's sake!