Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• i think we're likely to go down and i did before all the tinkering and still do

didn't stop me going up to Doncaster or going to Wigan tomorrow and i will be shouting my head off as usual ,
    this board is for opinions we all want what is best for Charlton , surely we're entitled to give a view as to where we're at even if it isn't that everything will be rosey

I don't question your loyalty or your passion for the team, 99% of the posters on this board are Charlton to the core, regardless of what I think of their opinions, whether they agree or disagree with me.

Sadly I can almost guarantee that unless we win every game in February, with all our new signings scoring a hattrick apiece and not conceding a single goal all month, there WILL be a minority of morons causing needless dissent and bitterness between fans.

We can dissect RD's motives and methods as much as we like on the interwebs, but at the Valley or travelling the land, when we support Charlton we should support the club, and the team. No qualifications or exemptions, survival will be so much easier if the fans and the players are a united force again. The last time that happened we won League One and broke some records in the process!
  • That would help if RD was actually sharing the plan with us rather than demonstrating it by his actions. I am not sure if RD is not bothered about the Charlton support. I appreciate it is complete change and he is running his strategy. Do the decent thing by Powell, allow an amicable settlement and bring in the coach that he has had in mind all along.
  • vff said:

The french bloke in the picture above is looking a bit happier, maybe he is really happy to leave Upjest where it didn't work out.

He thinks he's signed for Arsenal

• Oggy Red said:

vff said:

The french bloke in the picture above is looking a bit happier, maybe he is really happy to leave Upjest where it didn't work out.

He thinks he's signed for Arsenal

PP sounds like he's kind of a fan of the club. We signed him on quite a long contract as well so unless Standard asks for him I can seen him staying for awhile (assuming he doesn't suck).
  • Hi everyone, i'm a member from persianfootball.com and i'm glad to support charlton athletic, seems like you guys got a pretty nice comunity here! hopefully we'll see some awesome goals for the team from our boy Ghoochannejad!

don't really know if its allowed to put a highlight from him in the forums but hope you guys like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTsELBce61E&app=desktop

time to win some games lads!

Be salamati! ( Cheers in Persian language Farsi )

Thanks for the link. Hope we dont stick him on the wing -we've not had a proper goalscorer in the champ since the curbs days and he looks like he can finish.

Prob lucky pardew didn't watch that vid. Although maybe he did and told his mate Kinnear to sort it out.
  • at least now we all won't be infidels down at the valley;-))
  • Nego looks fat
  • So so excited about signing Reza. Heard the rumours since the RD takeover was floating about and checked him out and let's be serious, we should be grateful to have a player like him. Could you honestly see some of our strikers we've had recently scoring goals like that? Look at his touch and his confidence in front of goal. That turn shot as well! You just can't teach that. More importantly than all that though, look how he has presented himself to us, so respectful and well mannered. He also seems to speak English really well so he's hardly going to be an outcast.

There is nothing better than a player signing for your club and you rate him AND he seems like he wants to be there. Look at Barnsley for instance with the Frimpong signing, you'd think he was off to prison not a championship level football club. We've got a player here who shows real promise.

Got a really good feeling about this Reza lad. I don't think we should expect him to hit the ground running, but long term I think we've got a flashy player here.

Welcome to all the new members as well. So positive to hear good things about him. Exciting times for us.

I'm with you on this. Regardless of level - players who know where the goal is are always in demand - looks as if we now have two!

I particularly like to Reza's volley which I think was the second or third goal on the video. You can see he gets himself into position and waits for the ball to be just right and smashes it home. that is a real skill there regardless of level.

I do have concerns about our midfield's ability to create opportunities like this but once the players understand whether strikers will be how they operate I would like to think we will be able to create chances for them. Perversely Kermorgabt leaving the club may mean we no longer play long ball and that should be a good thing
  • Sponsored links:

• I've been hearing some Charlton fans want to call our boy "razor". I think that's a cool nickname.
  • There were certainly a few of his fan club at the match today - I was behind one of them at the turnstiles trying to buy a 'first class ticket', bless him!

Still, good to see. Welcome to all our new Iranian Addicks - I've got a good feeling about our Reza; hopefully we've got a lot of treats in store!
  • could see he is quality today
  • I slept through my alarm and missed the game in typical Iranian fashion. What's your guys' reaction to Gucci's Charlton debut? Also, any links of the match?
  • at least now we all won't be infidels down at the valley;-))

Hmm..most of us in the diaspora are irreligious. Just some food for thought

• Is that a Maradona tattoo?
  • Sponsored links:

• im loving the sound of reza's performance today
  • pictures of reza from his debut:

reza's kit on charlton's facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=599707346763441

• I think once he gets started there's going to be no stopping him. All the makings of a bit of a cult hero if he begins to fire us up the table. Problem is, look what happened to the last cult hero! If he's any good, he'll be packed off and sent out!
  • Got a reallyt good feeling about this fella, even more so than the Pole now
  • LoOkOuT said:

I think once he gets started there's going to be no stopping him. All the makings of a bit of a cult hero if he begins to fire us up the table. Problem is, look what happened to the last cult hero! If he's any good, he'll be packed off and sent out!

he said himself in his interview that he doesnt care about other teams, just charlton. kind of a more loyal approach like giggs or totti, something we seem to be missing nowadays with footballers. if hes getting the playing time, i think he'll stay, so long as the team stays in the championship.
  • Thought he looked good yesterday
  • Had a pop at him on friday wasnt happy with what was going on , i must say and i hold my hands up he really suprised me , he was unlucky not to score with a great strike in 1 st half , the bubbly is on hold ,hopefully he will make me eat humble pie .
  • Bloody hell, cracking strike