Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Starts pulling away to celebrate as well :(
  • Keeper beaten all ends up..

Love his technique.

• Very encouraging I must say.
  • He has a lot of very good skills, completely different option to anything we've had in a while
  • All sounds promising
  • That's sealed it, I am getting 'Reza' on the back of my shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Must admit, i was plesantly surprised by Reza at Wigan - he wasnt getting much service, but when he did, he did well. Tough to get off the ball, nice skills and obviously has a good workrate for a Johnny Foreigner, and what a goal that would have been !
    He could well become a cult hero - definately a much better technician and finsiher than Kermy, however, not as good in thr air, but that would be tough.
    Believe he will, given the chance, be a 20 goal a season man.
    One person he reminded me of (a bit) was Killer.
    Lets hope he can get a partnership going with Peter Parsley, coz with their goalscoring records, they could be a handful. I noticed from PP's interview online that he said his strengths were 'In the air' and 'workrate' - sounds promsing to say the least - lets hope we can get some service to them- coz i reckon they could score a few goals between them.

Probably better that he cant win the ball in the air too much as it'll hopefully mean we'll see a bit more passing Football (= Goals like the one Churchy got at Huddersfield) - And like you've already stated PP has stated he can head the ball so maybe it'll be him knocking it down to Reza to finish like he almost did against Wigan (reckon a bit more curve and that would have been in and would have been Goal of the Season for me, regardless of Stephens' leaving it was better technique than the one against Doncaster!!)
  • That's sealed it, I am getting 'Reza' on the back of my shirt.
    You sure this is not Gary?
  • Must admit, i was plesantly surprised by Reza at Wigan - he wasnt getting much service, but when he did, he did well. Tough to get off the ball, nice skills and obviously has a good workrate for a Johnny Foreigner, and what a goal that would have been !
    He could well become a cult hero - definately a much better technician and finsiher than Kermy, however, not as good in thr air, but that would be tough.
    Lets hope he can get a partnership going with Peter Parsley, coz with their goalscoring records, they could be a handful. I noticed from PP's interview online that he said his strengths were 'In the air' and 'workrate' - sounds promsing to say the least - lets hope we can get some service to them- coz i reckon they could score a few goals between them.

Probably better that he cant win the ball in the air too much as it'll hopefully mean we'll see a bit more passing Football (= Goals like the one Churchy got at Huddersfield) - And like you've already stated PP has stated he can head the ball so maybe it'll be him knocking it down to Reza to finish like he almost did against Wigan (reckon a bit more curve and that would have been in and would have been Goal of the Season for me, regardless of Stephens' leaving it was better technique than the one against Doncaster!!)
    Actually, Being one of the people who has criticised Powell's hoofball tactics , I was going to add a paragraph on the end to say that we didnt play much hoofball on saturday (apart from late on when it was the only outlet due to the pressure they put us under), It seemed to be controlled approach play. Long may it continue.

Actually, Being one of the people who has criticised Powell's hoofball tactics , I was going to add a paragraph on the end to say that we didnt play much hoofball on saturday (apart from late on when it was the only outlet due to the pressure they put us under), It seemed to be controlled approach play. Long may it continue.
    Unfortunately though what we as fans need to realise is that this is the best option for us to score (not hoofing it forward because PP is over 6.2ft (or whatever) so should naturally be able to head on the Reza and score)... Passing it around may also involve us having to go backwards to ensure that we keep hold of the ball so above all the fans need to be patient with the style of play and not constantly scream "forward" every couple of minutes (i.e. I know we dont think Footballers are smart but they know which way they should be shooting)
  • Really excited to see more if this guy in a Charlton shirt and some may see it as shallow but we have a player going to the World Cup, love it, :-) i know who my second team at the tournament is this summer.
  • Really excited to see more if this guy in a Charlton shirt and some may see it as shallow but we have a player going to the World Cup, love it, :-) i know who my second team at the tournament is this summer.

England?

• Be salamati, be salamati when he scores. That should confuse the away supporters, plus quite a few of our own.

Any other short phrases we can pronounce and sing. Would be nice to make him welcome with a persion chant or something.
  • edited February 2014
    Be salamati
    It's gonna Be salamati
    Be salamaaaaati
    It's gonna Be salamti
    -I'm here all week xp
  • Such a shame that didn't go in. Would we have held on to a two goal lead?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedMist said:

Be salamati
    It's gonna Be salamati
    Be salamaaaaati
    It's gonna Be salamti
    -I'm here all week xp

So...

Cheers.
    it's gonna be cheers.

May need just a wee tweak here and there.
  • erm yes, it doesn't bear translation, but that's kind of the point if it's for the new fella!
  • karimi79 said:

be salamati :D you guys are awesome. Love it. Damn if that ball went in, who knows what the oucome could have been. Hope the team can melt together and get better and better.
    Ball possession need to be worked on. :)

Any danger you could shift a couple of million shirts and ten thousand tickets per game?
  • we could become the Charlton Ultras,but we bloody well better not,its bad enough watching that lot on the box last week end,but it wasn't that bad,well done Arsenal
  • RedMist said:

erm yes, it doesn't bear translation, but that's kind of the point if it's for the new fella!

Yeah, why not.

• This guy looks like he is full of confidence! Just what we need at the club with our season so far, plus looking at the video on the previous page he scores some pretty spectacular goals. That, with Peter the Pole who seems to be a poacher in the box, could be a dream partnership. Really excited about this now.