Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Most are western orientated as they have traded with the Middle East and Europe for literally thousands of years.
  • Dunno j get one of these Reza iran fans to help us sort it out be a mad weekend and send Reza off to the world cup south london style
  • Afraid I'm thinking more Sacha Baren Cohen or "the diplomats"
  • Mate me u and barnsey on a reza mission to iran would be a giggle I reckon u should do it and me and barnsey take the pic

I am visualising the Newsnight special and desperate pleas from the Foreign Office as i type. Pictures of loved ones claiming innocence...... Don't do it NLA we need your big balls here.

In the interest of balance I would love to visit Iran and see the ancient sites of Persepolis and Qom. Eat the gorgeous food and explore the Manichean duality of the known universe.
    Forget that sunshine , we're playing the Massives away on the 15th!
  • Mate me u and barnsey on a reza mission to iran would be a giggle I reckon u should do it and me and barnsey take the pic

I am visualising the Newsnight special and desperate pleas from the Foreign Office as i type. Pictures of loved ones claiming innocence...... Don't do it NLA we need your big balls here.

In the interest of balance I would love to visit Iran and see the ancient sites of Persepolis and Qom. Eat the gorgeous food and explore the Manichean duality of the known universe.
    Forget that sunshine , we're playing the Massives away on the 15th!
    Do they play in Tehran?
  • edited February 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40XUy3uSfcI&t=42s

reza's goal is in the 42nd second
  • Reza at training
  • Reza at training

A little harsh, but funny. i think one of the pens he claimed for at the weekend was a penalty. the second one i think was a dive and deserved a booking.
  • Reza's beautiful volley at 1:05 in training:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpxGrYur8_A
  • Sponsored links:

• That training video is like watching a parallel universe , strikers hitting the back of the net regularly , incredible, why can't they do that more often in a match?
  • That training video is like watching a parallel universe , strikers hitting the back of the net regularly , incredible, why can't they do that more often in a match?

Because we are Charlton. Go and support someone else if you want to actually win matches ;)
  • It's like a kick around in the park on a Sunday morning.
  • These training videos are lovely but people are getting a little carried away with their relevance. I'm sure Izale McLeod was volleying home regularly in training. But it all fell apart when actual defenders were trying to stop him in matches....
  • Reza's been called up to Iran's national team by manager Carlos Queiroz:
    http://www.persianfootball.com/news/2014/02/26/34-invited-for-kuwait-and-guinea/

He and the rest of the European-based players will join the squad on Monday, March 3rd - after their Asian Cup qualifier against Kuwait. He should feature on March 5th in their friendly against Guinea. With the FA Cup quarterfinal just a few days after, I hope fatigue won't be an issue for him and the rest of Charlton's international call-ups.
  • Anyone got a chant for him yet?!?!?! ;-)
  • Reza's been called up to Iran's national team by manager Carlos Queiroz:
    http://www.persianfootball.com/news/2014/02/26/34-invited-for-kuwait-and-guinea/

He and the rest of the European-based players will join the squad on Monday, March 3rd - after their Asian Cup qualifier against Kuwait. He should feature on March 5th in their friendly against Guinea. With the FA Cup quarterfinal just a few days after, I hope fatigue won't be an issue for him and the rest of Charlton's international call-ups.

I think they are going to have to get used to playing two or even three times a week!
  • Anyone got a chant for him yet?!?!?! ;-)

He's better than Yann
    He's better than Yann
    Reza Ghoochanejhad
    He's better than Yann
  • To the tune of Karma Chameleon:

Reza reza reza reza reza Ghoochanejhad
    He comes and goes
    He scores our goooooooals (hopefully)

• Sponsored links:

• Vincenzo said:

Met Reza very briefly yesterday at the Club Shop. What a personable young man he is. Churchy too. There was a lad with plenty of chat in the queue who was struck dumb with shyness when he met the players. Reza did his best to help get over it and feel comfortable. He was also very good with my little boy. I can remember some autograph sessions when I was young where players wouldn't even look at you, let alone talk to you. Footballers get a bad press but they're often nothing like the image.

But what did you buy? Talk is cheap, support your club and purchase something at an inflated price!

• To the tune of Karma Chameleon:

Reza reza reza reza reza Ghoochanejhad
    He comes and goes
    He scores our goooooooals (hopefully)

I like it! :-)
  • reza will score soon, i think he needs a little time to adjust to the more english physical game. technically he's there so i am not worried at all.
  • Today's the day!
  • SE7_N20 said:

Today's the day!

I reckon he will be on the bench today.
  • He is on the bench, maybe today is not the day!!!
  • Anyone know if he played for Iran last night in their 3 - 2 win over Kuwait?
  • Anyone know if he played for Iran last night in their 3 - 2 win over Kuwait?

He didnt play

http://uk.soccerway.com/matches/2014/03/05/asia/asian-cup-qualification/iran/kuwait/1401833/
  • He did not play according to this

Goals:
    1-0 Yaghoub Karimi (2′ / Assist by Ahmad Alenemeh)
    1-1 Waleed Ali
    2-1 Hussain Fadhel (61′ / own goal)
    2-2 Fahad Al Rashidi (89′)
    3-2 Karim Ansarifard (91′ / Yaghoub Karimi)

Iranian players booked: Mohsen Bengar, Bakhtiar Rahmani

Iran: Ahmadi – Mahini (81′ Khanzadeh), Bengar, Alenemeh, Jamaati – R. Haghighi, Hajsafi – Sadeghian, Rahmani (77′ Khalatbari), Y. Karimi – R. Noouzi (67′ Ansarifard)
  • If he plays Wednesday, he will not be too fatigued for Sunday, only playing one game