Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• I'm not sure that Reza likes being bullied by Championship centre halves.

He certainly needs to stay injury free for the World Cup, I don't think he got any bumps and bruises today.

• lightweight, diving mug who makes Green look average.
  • Yann897 said:

I rate reza and Iv seen enough of him to say he's a good player and can do a good job for us if played .

I can honestly say that I hope you're right, that he scores a hatful of goals and becomes a club legend. However, I find your evaluation incredible based on what I've seen so far. He looks utterly clueless to me. Lightweight and toothless. The only thing he's good at is conning refs into giving him free kicks.
  • He is very poor. To weak for the championship.
  • technically good enough, but needs to harden up, goes down everytime he gets nudged. can see him getting one and then the goals will just fly in for him.
  • Why will the goals fly in for him all of a sudden? I hope you're right, but I can't work out why that would happen.
  • because he's Irans main man!
  • He's a poacher. Instinctive finisher. Not a midfield battler. It's not rocket science - play him in his favoured position.

Service to forwards today was utter shite
  • Uboat said:

Why will the goals fly in for him all of a sudden? I hope you're right, but I can't work out why that would happen.

It's called confidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not convinced by him at all, personally think he looks very poor.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Reza just needs some Cognitraining.

Whatever, he's a step up from Yann ;-)
  • LoOkOuT said:

Probably would've been a good strike partner for Yann...
  • C'mon everyone, get your Senseball out!
  • LoOkOuT said:

Probably would've been a good strike partner for Yann...
    Could well've been.

As it is, I hope Reza breaks his duck and kicks on from there. We need someone (anyone!) at this point
  • Playing him in a deeper wide right role won't work, he needs to be played through the middle, on the shoulder of the defenders...
  • Playing him in a deeper wide right role won't work, he needs to be played through the middle, on the shoulder of the defenders...

Problem is, for that to work he needs to be able to stay on his feet, not be floored by a light breeze.
  • aliwibble said:

Playing him in a deeper wide right role won't work, he needs to be played through the middle, on the shoulder of the defenders...

Problem is, for that to work he needs to be able to stay on his feet, not be floored by a light breeze.
    Nice one. Made me laugh
  • He is a good player from what I have seen but needs to playing on the shoulder of the last man. Good control, good shot and turns a man.
    Left a bloke for dead yesterday, if that had been the last man he would have been in.
    Wasted in midfield. Obika and Reza are better than church and sordel. Peter Parsley should be on the bench, if only for the fact that he knows how to score a goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• He finally fooled a ref, won a free kick with going to ground yesterday, that's a step forward.
  • He needs to go on the weights over the summer then we may see a player next season. Not looking like he's going to have much effect this year.
  • Stick with obika and reza for a few games and for god sake drop church (I don't care how hard he works we need goals and his shooting is soft its embarrassing). Obika is useful in the air and reza is quick and likes a shot. At least reza hits the ball with some venom.
  • Yeah lets do that, play Obika & Reza for the next few games. They were both brilliant second half against Burnley.
  • At the moment we are going from single striker who can't shoot to 2 strikers who don't have enough time to get used to each other with no service. Surely giving 2 strikers a run together to see if they work is better than us all complaining how poor church is week in week out.
  • Sorry my responce sounded sarcastic. I understand your suggestion of trying something else but, IMO the other strikers won't bring much to the table either without a stronger striker to lead the line. We don't currently have that type of player.
  • He played up top at Wigan and people there came back with encouraging reports. He played up top against QPR and did ok - certainly offered more than Church.

His recent performances haven't been great but he has been played in midfield. If we are going to use him stick him up front FFS. He is a poacher not a winger or link player.

• Sorry my responce sounded sarcastic. I understand your suggestion of trying something else but, IMO the other strikers won't bring much to the table either without a stronger striker to lead the line. We don't currently have that type of player.

Fair point and valid. I would prefer 2 up top though to learn to gel (not church) then at least they might learn to feed off each other especially as it seems unlikely we will bring another striker in who would fill the role you very correctly point out we are missing.
  • We keep going around in circles, this striker is crap, that striker is crap. It's not the individual strikers that are the problem, it's the collective forward line that isn't functioning and hasn't for most of the season. We always look more likely to score a goal when Harriot is playing. Why? because he has pace, trickery and he shoots. If we were to play Reza up front with Sordell or Obika, with Harriot on one side and Wilson on the other, the goals would come. But we keep messing around with ridiculous formations that never have a hope of working, then crucify a striker for missing the one chance that we create in a game. Reza would be good in a normal forward line, you know, one that occasionally scores 2 or three goals in a game. Even Church would be OK in a forward line where others chip in with goals. We need to find a formation that works and stick with it, so that they can develop an understanding. Reza is a poacher so he needs to play alongside a forward who is strong in the air. To make that work, they need to be fed balls from midfield and the wings, with the wide men getting in behind the full back occasionally. It's time to wake up to the fact that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way we are playing in the final third, and put it right.