Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• The more I look at that goal (and I've now lost count) the better it is, his touch is beautiful and the way he 'passes' it early into the top corner is a real thing of beauty, class. If that was Rooney, Suarez, etc everyone would be saying 'THATS, why their worth £300,000 a week!
    Get your wallet out Roland!!
    Let's hope it's the first of many, I think we could have a little gem here........
  • I only hope that if Reza does not score on Saturday, fans will not start saying one goal wonder and get on his back. The more encouragement he gets the more confident he will get.
  • He's probably our best hope of a goal. Been unlucky in recent weeks with a couple that have hit the woodwork, was it Wigan where he smashed the crossbar from about 30 yards?
  • I've always defended him. Shown a few glimpses that there is a player in there but hasn't helped when he has been played out wide or too deep and maybe not with the right partner. Plus it has probably taken him a while to settle in, off the pitch as well as on. Too lightweight is crap imo. Well done Reza, first of many. A couple in the World Cup and we'll be gutted when he joins PSG for 8m ;-)
  • He's not a right winger, play him up front with someone who can knock the ball onto him and I think that's when we'll get the best from him
  • I'd play him up front with Obika then play AA just behind them.

• He is no light weight, tries to hold off the CH to take on chest so he can play. Held off RIchard Dunn a couple of times which ain't easy. Said before that he needs to play off the shoulder of the CH.

IMO he is going to be very good.
  • Ok Reza. Let's see if you can keep this up and I might change my opinion of you ! One of the classiest strikes I've seen in a long time from a Charlton forward. In fact one of the few strikes we have seen in a long time from a Charlton forward !
  • Looking forward to when he's one on one with the keeper. Can see him keeping his cool and curling it into the corner, Kevin Lisbie style.
  • Looking forward to when he's one on one with the keeper. Can see him keeping his cool and curling it into the corner, Kevin Lisbie style.

One of the funniest things I've read in ages, well done ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Reza will kick on now i reckon - he looks sharp and keen and can see him being a real handful if played up top with a big fella like obika
  • DOUCHER said:

Reza will kick on now i reckon - he looks sharp and keen and can see him being a real handful if played up top with a big fella like obika

Is that Reza Sharp... ;-)
  • Anyone noticed the amount of Iranians on the Charlton Facebook page now, has it been reflected on the hits on this site?
  • Hmm may be unpopular opinion but this guy looks slightly out of his depth. Yes a good goal against Leeds but he's so lightweight and not suited to English football.
  • Thought he did ok when he came on last night with little support. First time I have seen him keeping his feet except when he received a forearm smash in the face, which went unpunished. Would have liked to have seen him start in the same formation as we played against Yeovil
  • All our strikers are worse than BWP
  • PLAY HIM UPFRONT FFS!!!!

Agreed. The only striker we have who shoots in the direction of the opposition goal and we bring him on in the 2nd half to play in midfield.

The only other player who shoots and scores is AA (brought on as a left winger in the 78th minute) so why not play them both up front for 90 minutes?

Can't be worse than the other options we have tried.

At least if Reza falls over in the opposition penalty area (instead of the centre-circle) we might get a penalty.

• We have to play Reza up front. He is he only one who looks to actually shoot on target. Sordell can't play Friday (as much as i'm sure Bolton fans would love him to). Is it worth playing Reza and Obika? Or should we try Reza with Piggott or Church. As much as i don't rate Church's shooting ability his workrate is good and someone like Reza could well feed off of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Madz said:

We have to play Reza up front. He is he only one who looks to actually shoot on target. Sordell can't play Friday (as much as i'm sure Bolton fans would love him to). Is it worth playing Reza and Obika? Or should we try Reza with Piggott or Church. As much as i don't rate Church's shooting ability his workrate is good and someone like Reza could well feed off of him.

Should play Church... Especially if we dont play Harriott so it means the scapegoat is sorted

Agreed. The only striker we have who shoots in the direction of the opposition goal and we bring him on in the 2nd half to play in midfield.

The only other player who shoots and scores is AA (brought on as a left winger in the 78th minute) so why not play them both up front for 90 minutes?

Can't be worse than the other options we have tried.

At least if Reza falls over in the opposition penalty area (instead of the centre-circle) we might get a penalty.

Exactly.

The only 'natural' centre forward that can get in behind a defence.

He makes intelligent runs, and although lightweight can get defenders facing their own goal. It also allows us to play 15-20 yards further up the pitch, where players like Cousins and Poyet can actually make an even greater difference.

Playing two lanky CF's just means the ball doesn't stick and we become static in our own half.

So wasted playing out wide.
  • Obika and Sordell were poor yesterday. Funnily enough, I though Sordell did better when he played wide left before he moved inside and was ineffectual. Put Reza in his actually position for last few games.
  • Reza and Piggott up front
  • Seemed brighter than Sordell when he came on. Then again so did the ball boy.
  • Reza looked ok when he came on and if played in the right way in front of midfielders who can thread a pass I think he would score goals.
  • You can see the potential in Reza. If we can get a few more players in the summer to help support he will open so many more pockets than he does at the moment. To quote the famous facebook group "Reza <3<3<3<3"
  • Reza is not a long term answer but he may be better than Obika and Sordell purely because he seems to have more confidence to shoot. Would want to see him right up top, no where near midfield. Tell him to shoot and that every time he falls over he loses 10% of his weekly salary and he may be effectual.