Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Sorry not for me /...move him on ...made me feel grateful for simon church last saturday enough said
  • Dirty finger nails shine sort that out its jank

Lol studio and me are in bomb site mode, nails ony long to peel the miles of tape I use.

• edited May 2014
    It's a bit like Harriott, one week everyone thinks he's the worst player in the world cos he's played out of position, then he has a good game (leeds for Reza Watford for Harriott) and no one ever doubted him. The next week they're average and suddenly the worst players again.

Harriott is still average, Reza is also average only one of them gets played in the correct position... Go figure!
  • Dazzler21 said:

It's a bit like Harriott, one week everyone thinks he's the worst player in the world cos he's played out of position, then he has a good game (leeds for Reza Watford for Harriott) and no one ever doubted him. The next week they're average and suddenly the worst players again.

Harriott is still average, Reza is also average only one of them gets played in the correct position... Go figure!

Football fans do love to exaggerate when it comes to describing the abilities of certain players. The fact is, that in order to get anywhere near the first team of a Championship Club, you have to be one hell of a good footballer. Some players will have spells where they don't look good enough, whether it be through injury, loss of form or being played out of position. Riga knows this, hence the reason players like Church, Harriot and Sordell have all returned to the first team despite having been written off by many fans.

• If Sordell can turn from a disinterested immobile lump to a lethal goal machine then I am never going to rule another striker out of coming good! (Oh okay, except Church. He's crap.)
  • shine166 said:

Dirty finger nails shine sort that out its jank

Lol studio and me are in bomb site mode, nails ony long to peel the miles of tape I use.

• Have we forgotten that Reza is going to the world cup with his national team? Surely he must have some ability. Playing on the world stage and a good pre season he'll be fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have we forgotten that Reza is going to the world cup with his national team? Surely he must have some ability. Playing on the world stage and a good pre season he'll be fine.

Probably says more about the quality of strikers available to Iran. You never know, he may have a good world cup, put in some hard work in pre season, start running forward instead of right-to-left and become a key player for us.
  • I think he will come good. The world cup will be interesting to follow with him there but our pre season and seeing whoever we bring in will be more interesting. He has ability and I like that he does make attempts on goal unlike most of the players this season. A little sharpness and being played in right position will help.

Willing to give him more chances
  • Hope he has a good World Cup and gets a goal or two.

If he does, then he may get a move elsewhere - which if we get allocated some of the money from to spend on another player, might not be a bad result for all concerned.

And if he is still here come August, I still think he could become a good player for us.
  • NEED ! Shine , I'll swap that for 3 Andros Townsends , any good ?
  • Maybe he'll be better next season as he wont have the World Cup at the back of his mind... Granted he should be trying as hard as possible to try and get into the squad but Im guessing he doesnt want to get injured either
  • My view is that he hasn't been very good so far...BUT he has rarely been played in his usual position and he has only been in English football since January. He may well come good and I hope he does. I think most people's frustration is that we could have done with somebody better suited to make an immediate impact in the championship, which isn't his fault.
  • VG, I can forgive all kinds. I'm not a guy that sits in the stand moaning about lack of pace or presence, or height or killer instinct. He hangs onto it for too long and makes some bad decisions, but I'd live with that for the sake of his flair. I can live with him being easy to knock off the ball and sometimes seeming to lack a bit of bottle. I've watched a lot of football and the only thing that really boils my piss (well apart from a biased ref), is someone not trying. I've noticed Reza a few times finding his marker. I cannot forgive that, particularly where we were in the league. Against Rovers he caught himself out when he marked himself and the ball came through to him - could not be bothered to take a step towards it. That shows something to me that you can never take out of him, a character flaw that will drag everyone around him down. If the manager accepts a team member who isn't trying then he sends a message out to the rest. People see something in him, and he has ability, but for me the lack of effort is too much of a problem to ever get over.
  • VG, I can forgive all kinds. I'm not a guy that sits in the stand moaning about lack of pace or presence, or height or killer instinct. He hangs onto it for too long and makes some bad decisions, but I'd live with that for the sake of his flair. I can live with him being easy to knock off the ball and sometimes seeming to lack a bit of bottle. I've watched a lot of football and the only thing that really boils my piss (well apart from a biased ref), is someone not trying. I've noticed Reza a few times finding his marker. I cannot forgive that, particularly where we were in the league. Against Rovers he caught himself out when he marked himself and the ball came through to him - could not be bothered to take a step towards it. That shows something to me that you can never take out of him, a character flaw that will drag everyone around him down. If the manager accepts a team member who isn't trying then he sends a message out to the rest. People see something in him, and he has ability, but for me the lack of effort is too much of a problem to ever get over.

Thats fair enough Morts, and if i saw that, i would no doubt stand up and let him know.

Do you think he's holding back for the WC? potentially a once in a lifetime opportunity for the lad really.
  • One of me mates who often goes to watch us train has reported that Reza gives 100% every training session.
    I think he wants to do well but in a game situation some times thinks don't go to plan.
    Reza is creative, he is relatively fast and can turn on a sixpence (as the old... very old saying goes...) his main problem is not putting his foot in on challenges... I'd do the same leading up to the world cup, especially after seeing my team mate (Wiggins) get a fairly innocuos looking knock that has ruled him out of playing for weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2014
    Reza has been named in Iran's 28 man World Cup squad. (Tbh I thought he already had been).
  • edited May 2014
    Reza fanclub on the CAFC facebook are having a bit.
    Saying how he is too good for Charlton, etc,etc..

Funny, considering that the lad was raised in Holland, and considered not good enough for the orange gods. So he went to Iran instead
  • To me he was the wrong call at the wrong time. Reza has the run up to Brazil now, then the tournament, then the aftermath.
    Coming back to SL is going to seem very mundane after all that, and then he has to face the reality of being a footballer, being a footballer facing a daunting Championship season through an English winter. Will he be able to knuckle down, and fight for justification to be picked for the team?
    In my view at the moment he would only get near the top of the striker choices because we have so few. Seeing as how I hope we can get at least two decent ones in, that pushes the Reza I've seen down the pecking order. I hope the regime doesn't mollycoddle him, and it obliges him to fight for inclusion because he has decided to make a difference and we would be fools to leave him out.
  • Being brought up in Holland I'm not sure our winters are going to be particularly daunting. As for whether he cuts the mustard next season. Only time will tell. I hope and think he might.
  • Reza will score goals our problem has been the supply of chances to the strikers. Couple of wingers creating chances and a centre forward to win the headers then we'll see his worth.
  • A lot depends on who we bring in, but I think he could do a job from the bench next season.
  • edited May 2014

Reza will score goals our problem has been the supply of chances to the strikers. Couple of wingers creating chances and a centre forward to win the headers then we'll see his worth.

Much like Sordell I guess, with a more confident Harriott on the left against Wednesday he looked sharp.

I think one of our biggest issues was supply this year.