Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Reza will score goals our problem has been the supply of chances to the strikers. Couple of wingers creating chances and a centre forward to win the headers then we'll see his worth.

Reza and Sordell are well short of 6ft. How are crosses going to lead to goals on a regular basis?
  • Reza will score goals our problem has been the supply of chances to the strikers. Couple of wingers creating chances and a centre forward to win the headers then we'll see his worth.

Reza and Sordell are well short of 6ft. How are crosses going to lead to goals on a regular basis?
    I thought this too and then realised @BigRedEvil meant that we get a Centre Forward in to win the headers and bring the ball down for Reza and Sordell to score
  • As someone posted a while back - if (I know!) Kermo had stayed, it could well have been a productive strike force in tandem with Reza playing off him.

But as also pointed out - there still would have been a lack of penetration and service, especially from wide areas.

• Not sure VG. I don't think so though. He puts it about when he's running at players. Purely speculating I think there's bits of the game he likes and bits he doesn't fancy much.
  • LuckyReds said:

Reza will score goals our problem has been the supply of chances to the strikers. Couple of wingers creating chances and a centre forward to win the headers then we'll see his worth.

Much like Sordell I guess, with a more confident Harriott on the left against Wednesday he looked sharp.

I think one of our biggest issues was supply this year.
    This 100%. If you actually looked at the number of chances to goals for us this season I'd be surprised if it was lower than most clubs in the league, the problem was we created so little. Of course, part of a strikers job is to get into the right positions, but Sordell gave the perfect example of what can actually be done when a decent striker is given a chance. We've lacked the quality in midfield to create for a couple of seasons now, and that's the biggest reason for our lack of goals.
  • Quite simply not good enough at this level. It's not about him being knocked off the ball easily, being lazy or running sideways as opposed to forward. It's about his football brain operating way below that of a Championship player; come to think of it, a League 2 player. Sadly, totally inept, and don't be swayed by the fact that he plays for the mighty Iran!
  • Quite simply not good enough at this level. It's not about him being knocked off the ball easily, being lazy or running sideways as opposed to forward. It's about his football brain operating way below that of a Championship player; come to think of it, a League 2 player. Sadly, totally inept, and don't be swayed by the fact that he plays for the mighty Iran!

Out of interest, let's wait and see how he does for Iran in the World Cup.

• Oggy Red said:

Quite simply not good enough at this level. It's not about him being knocked off the ball easily, being lazy or running sideways as opposed to forward. It's about his football brain operating way below that of a Championship player; come to think of it, a League 2 player. Sadly, totally inept, and don't be swayed by the fact that he plays for the mighty Iran!

Out of interest, let's wait and see how he does for Iran in the World Cup.

Or even us if he is around next season

Interesting you have made your mind up so completely on what IMHO is minimal evidence in very difficult circumstances. As other have said, I think I'll reserve judgement a bit longer.

When i watched him in his natural position against Birmingham, i thought he made intelligent runs and showed nice touches. His service was crap and the movement he created came to nothing, as he didn't get the ball.

No surprise that he has looked below par and lost when played out wide. Its not where he should be playing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally think we should give him a chance and see what he is like once the world cup is over when he has a preseason behind him and playing with (hopefully) better players giving him better service.

Even though he has only scored one goal this season, im willing to judge him at the end of next season on a decent pitch with no world cup at the back of his mind and as I said,better players and service.
  • Personally think we should give him a chance and see what he is like once the world cup is over when he has a preseason behind him and playing with (hopefully) better players giving him better service.

Even though he has only scored one goal this season, im willing to judge him at the end of next season on a decent pitch with no world cup at the back of his mind and as I said,better players and service.

This, I was right behind his curling left foot beauty at Leeds and what a vital three points that was that evening towards our survival, not forgetting Hamers penalty save in injury time of course.
  • He's been played out of position in a league that is more physical than he's used to with players he barely knew, and English is at best his second language, it takes a while to fit in, especially in such a high stakes/pressure situation as we were in when he signed up. If Riga stays I reckon Reza is going to be a force to be reckoned with next season - compare Sordell pre-JR to post-JR... nearly unrecognisable, and Reza seems more capable of crafting a chance out of the ether for himself, pair him up with a target man to give him service and watch him go (hopefully.) Needs to learn to stay on his feet admittedly but that will come; he's got a very good goal record in other divisions/leagues, to me that suggests there is definite talent in there if we can get to it (unlike a certain striker whose name rhymes with Birch.)
  • edited May 2014
    People defended CH over his piss poor season yet slate the players that were affected the most by the lack of supply from them

Even the mighty yann only scored 5 goals due to piss poor service

Let's see what we do with a manager who allows the midfielders to play with confidence and with some new midfielders

Playing Reza out wide was a poor decision

He makes good runs has a nice touch he is quick and showed his ability to strike a ball at Leeds

He is not strong enough that's easy to see

But let's be honest he ain't pawell Abbott is he

Let's see next season

• People defended CH over his piss poor season yet slate the players that were affected the most by the lack of supply from them

Let's see what we do with a manager who allows the midfielders to play with confidence and with some new midfielders

He makes good runs has a nice touch he is quick and showed his ability to strike a ball at Leeds

Let's see next season

Thought pawell about was awesome
  • People defended CH over his piss poor season yet slate the players that were affected the most by the lack of supply from them

Let's see next season

I think that out wide is his best position, funny how people see things so differently!
  • Out wide he offered nothing much. No eagerness to cross or create. He is greedy with the ball which is by no means a bad trait for a striker as it shows they want the ball and want to score, but for a winger to be ball greedy is not good.

Play him up front from now on, bring in some decent striking partners and wingers and he will do well. I just have a feeling about this.
  • we'll have to stop playing 451 and get a little 442 action in our lives to see the best of Reza
  • THEMCA said:

People defended CH over his piss poor season yet slate the players that were affected the most by the lack of supply from them

Let's see next season

I think that out wide is his best position, funny how people see things so differently!
    He is wasted out wide for me, he has enough pace and tricks to get past a defender but he is too 'selfish' (in a good way) to be productive as a wide player, his instinct and his ability is to go for goal himself, not set someone else up. He can conjure himself a goal from a pitiful position (goal vs Leeds, shot vs Wigan etc) but can't really cross at all.
  • He may yet come good. I'd gamble him as a squad player for next season, but a killer striker is a priority. When does Church's contract run out?
  • Sponsored links:

• He may yet come good. I'd gamble him as a squad player for next season, but a killer striker is a priority. When does Church's contract run out?

Signed a two year deal so 2015 I believe.
  • Lets hope he has a stonking world cup and Barca want to sign him up for 20 million !
  • As long as stops trying to be Roy of the Rovers and enters into the 'team ethic' he could have a good season with the right strike partner and supply.
  • What I will do is watch Iran and be rooting for them and Reza, although I really don't rate his contribution to us so far.
  • Not good enough for the Championship.
  • Despite only scoring one goal in his 15 odd appearances, I really think he is going to be something special next season.
  • I certainly think he'll score a few goals if played up front.
  • He did look better down the middle. At Millwall away he was switched to a central role and look far more dangerous (although that isn't saying much).

I think he does need a centre forward alongside him.

Jury still out for me.

Will be interesting to see if Riga/Jones keeps him on or if he moves to another club in or out of the network.

Hope he scores a few in Brazil. Lots of mentions of Charlton and he either comes back full of confidence or his price goes up/