Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• edited April 2014
    His strength has been improving in recent games. He's been coming deeper to get the ball when he's come on. He's more direct than our other forwards, certainly over a number of weeks now, and his movement on the ball encourages movement in others. He loses it in good positions but i thnk he's generally getting better.

I wouldn't have brought him on for Harriot today, and yes, Solly had made a good run on his flank and Reza didn't use him on that occasion. Over the course of the season from what i've seen our other forwards are mostly very static with backs to goal waiting around like trees for something to happen. Reza has proven to be more versatile, coming to get the ball and running with it. He loses it and looks greedy occasionally but is steadily improving and with some coaching and a couple of better players with him will be worth sticking with.
  • Couldn't agree more Forch. Weak little show pony. Heartless fancy dan who won't hold the ball up unless it's to execute a couple more step overs while the defence catches up and he ignores players in space. I'm normally supportive of any who pull on the shirt, but in have no respect for this one.
  • He's never that bad. I don't blame him for bring greedy and trying to do it alone. The rest of them are useless to be honest and passing to one of them will get the ball to Hamer in no time
  • It is amazing how players can polarise fans to such an extent but, in my opinion, anyone who throws himself to the ground like Reza does (that dive today was another disgrace) needs to have an amazing amount of talent for it to be even slightly forgivable. Regardless of his improvement, which has been minimal, he hasn't got that ability and, because of his antics, I can't wait to see the back of him. I hope I'm wrong but hasn't he got a long contract though? God help us....
  • Wrong league for the lad, he's putty into the defenders hands as his only strength in the league is shooting on the turn which is rare he gets the opportunity, the rest of the time he's running blindly with the ball or on the floor.

Not what we need.
  • He really is not suited to this league. Somebody needs to have a word with him about the horrendous diving, it is embarrassing. He looks like he could be a good player, like Harriott, but he needs to learn when to release the ball.
  • I think the issue is that basically being looked at the wrong way is enough for a free kick in some leagues. He is used to getting every free kick awarded and then being a little hero when we score off the free kick afterwards.

I really don't think he is that good, their left back almost seemed unbothered by him when he had the ball, no one seemed to see him as a threat at all.

Gets the ball in a nice position on the wing, so decides to try and cut in central (Avoiding the overlap with players like Poyet and Solly) and instead runs from the left wing, not with the aim of getting to the centre, but with the aim of running the ball to the left wing, or losing it in the process.

This is the Championship not a Sunday league team, they are not going to let you simply run from the right wing, to the centre and shoot without several bodies being thrown at the ball and tackled being made.

He (and by an extension of that Roland) have absolutely no idea about the Championship. Both of them need to realise the differences, and if possible, before Tuesday.

Don't hold your breath though!
  • I thought he had improved a lot but yesterday was a retrograde step. He strikes me as a player with talent ho we have brought in from non league has plenty of talent but needs a season or two to be moulded into a professional footballer at Championship level. If we had more options we would probably have loaned him out tow a League two team.

I do think that Jacko should have had a word with him, less about falling over but about releasing the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Calling his effort a "cross-shot" is generous. There may be dispute about his effectiveness in general but the player marks for yesterday are pretty much unanimous.
  • In the right team, or probably more so the right league (i.e. an easier one). He'd be a good player to watch given a free attacking role. But the few times I've seen him I think he's just not strong and/or experienced enough for a league as tough as this. Obviously has some ability but as said maybe not as much as he thinks he has. May be a question of him maturing with experience into a decent player. Time will tell I s'pose.
  • I like him i think hes being played out of position! yesterday he did try to make things happen! yes he missed sollys run but nearly set up church and played a good pass though middle! hes a centre forward not a right winger!!
  • From the limited time that I've seen him, he looks like a goal poacher. Very quick to react inside the box and and get his shots away. Being greedy is a trait of many goal poachers who have their minds on only one thing. It's not reasonable to judge a player being played out of position, same applies to Cousins.
  • It's stupid that we are playing him on the wing. I'd rather see Pritchard there in all honesty. Play him on the shoulder or on the bench.
  • From the limited time that I've seen him, he looks like a goal poacher. Very quick to react inside the box and and get his shots away. Being greedy is a trait of many goal poachers who have their minds on only one thing. It's not reasonable to judge a player being played out of position, same applies to Cousins.

He couldn't poach an egg, he doesn't get in the positions to.
  • Delighted that Jose saw exactly what he is and didn't even put him on the bench. Did not deserve a share of that, tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is he your love child Valley Gary? He will never come good.
  • Think he's played his last game in the beloved red I'm afraid for you lovers. He'll be moved on
  • if he is 1.81m tall then I am a monkey's uncle
  • do you have a skirt on in that picture?
  • RedMist said:

do you have a skirt on in that picture?

Maybe, but il have to charge if you want me to tell you more :)

Nah, joggers for painting.. Working towards a solo show ATM so need to be comfy for my 15hr days
  • Dirty finger nails shine sort that out its jank

Reza is alright maybe a bit lacking in strength but that's all