Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• His recent performances haven't been great but he has been played in midfield. If we are going to use him stick him up front FFS. He is a poacher not a winger or link player.

But to get the best out of a poacher, you need a battering ram of a centre forward alongside him to keep the centrebacks occupied. Does that sound like Obika, Sordell or Church to you?
  • Looks like he's packing some heat there ahem ........
  • Don't blame it on Reza, your team sucks big fat donkey d!ck. No support, just lobbing it over the top. It's like watching an under-12 rec league.

I think you need to take the word Addick out of your moniker
  • Rob said:

Don't blame it on Reza, your team sucks big fat donkey d!ck. No support, just lobbing it over the top. It's like watching an under-12 rec league.

It was catchy so I went with it. Don't get me wrong, I still support Charlton and really hope they stay in the Championship next season, but going from watching Dejagah's Premier League passing to Charlton's hoofing every weekend is a down grade. I really hope the team gels together and quick in order to stay atop. But there are some serious game play issues the whole team needs to work on, so it's not fair to always use a different striker as a scapegoat week in and week out when there just isn't any support. Just my two cents.
  • Mike said:

because he's Irans main man!

Ain't they ranked 1000th?
  • edited March 2014

Rob said:

Don't blame it on Reza, your team sucks big fat donkey d!ck. No support, just lobbing it over the top. It's like watching an under-12 rec league.

It was catchy so I went with it. Don't get me wrong, I still support Charlton and really hope they stay in the Championship next season, but going from watching Dejagah's Premier League passing to Charlton's hoofing every weekend is a down grade. I really hope the team gels together and quick in order to stay atop. But there are some serious game play issues the whole team needs to work on, so it's not fair to always use a different striker as a scapegoat week in and week out when there just isn't any support. Just my two cents.
    As soon as our star Quarterback returns and the new Head Coach picks up the on the Linebacker issues, I'm sure Reza will punt us to victory.
  • MSE7 said:

Mike said:

because he's Irans main man!

Ain't they ranked 1000th?
    1st in Asia ;) Nah, who am I kidding, we're shit and we know it. Our football won't prosper much under this regime. But there's hope!
  • Sponsored links:

• i think put reza up top in most other championship teams, especially with a strike partner he would score goals, he may lack some strength yes and is adapting, but playing him on the wing is not a place someone who can clearly score should be. He always looks to shoot, gets the ball on target and has a great first touch in and around the box. I guarantee he would have scored that one on one. Cut him some slack
  • I don't think he would have won the ball to get the chance for the one on one, yet I remember him hitting the post when it was easier to score.

Hope he comes good but guaranteed, not sure about that.
  • edited March 2014
    I love when people complain about a player hitting the post.

"Striker"Firmani I hope you have played up front in your time for a relegation threatened team whereby you have had some decent shots but havent scored yet and you got an "easier to score than hit the post" opportunity and scored it...

I know most strikers that are not in the premier league would confirm that the pressure and fear to make a mistake is intense. Composure doesn't come easy especially when in the above situation.

Usually the reason the post is hit is because you're trying to tuck the ball right in the corner of the goal. Which takes skill in itself.

I do pray his first comes soon though, just to get the monkey off his back.

• Dazzler21 said:

I know most strikers that are not in the premier league would confirm that the pressure and fear to make a mistake is intense. Composure doesn't come easy.

Know Im not a Footballer so is probably why but I'd be shitting myself going out on to the grass and having 15,000 people evaluating my performance...

My legs would just turn to lead!!
  • just imagine you're in a relegation battle too!
  • Dazzler21 said:

just imagine you're in a relegation battle too!

Waddles off to the toilet...

Seriously though I always used to run long distance races and whenever I hit the last mile (and was inside my Personal Best) it would get so difficult running because there is just so much going through my mind (almost a numb / dizzy feeling going through my body as well)
  • Headless chicken. Even when played on the right he drifts into the middle and leaves Wilson with no support whatsoever. Useless.
  • To be fair to him when he hit the post. He had to react quickly after Jordan Cousins effort so it wasn't that easy.
  • He must have bulked up a bit, anyone see him put the burnley left back into the away dugout. Silly foul to give away, but showed he can put it about a bit.
  • Which would provide more pressure, playing in an international game trying to fire your nation into the world cup finals, or playing in a championship game in front 0f 12000? This bloke can handle the pressure OK. The ball in the QPR game came at him too quickly for even the cameras to capture clearly. He acted instinctively which you'd expect from a goal poacher. On this occasion it didn't work out, other times it will.
  • Sponsored links:

• For those who would like to see someone up front that can win a header, is Morrison your man?
  • Rob said:

My friend, you probably did not watch much Championship football before Reza joined Charlton - that's understandable - but the bottom line is that a good many Championship teams play a fair amount of "hoofball" because its low-risk football and conditions often make it hard to play better football.

For what its worth I think Reza is obviously a very good player but whether he will be able to adapt to the unique demands of English football in which physicality is often more important than technique remains to be seen.

By the way, if you think its bad in the Championship then you should have seen the amount of long balls that were played in League One, it was like watching a game of Rugby at times.
  • He must have bulked up a bit, anyone see him put the burnley left back into the away dugout. Silly foul to give away, but showed he can put it about a bit.

Yeah I saw that and it pissed me right off. He had already gone to ground in the minutes leading up to that, and then for seemingly no reason he knocked that guy flying. Fair play though, looked like he put quite a lot of power behind it.

I say it annoyed me, purely because of the tedious game of football I was watching. I personally like the fella and think with some support he could be quite the player.

Up top with Obika with Adjerivic in the midfield playing the ball in to them?
  • Dazzler21 said:

I love when people complain about a player hitting the post.

"Striker"Firmani I hope you have played up front in your time for a relegation threatened team whereby you have had some decent shots but havent scored yet and you got an "easier to score than hit the post" opportunity and scored it...

I know most strikers that are not in the premier league would confirm that the pressure and fear to make a mistake is intense. Composure doesn't come easy especially when in the above situation.

Usually the reason the post is hit is because you're trying to tuck the ball right in the corner of the goal. Which takes skill in itself.

I do pray his first comes soon though, just to get the monkey off his back.

You have taken my comments out of context.

It was in response to Addick90 "I guarantee he would have scored that one on one. Cut him some slack"

He's asking to cut slack fro Reza whilst doing the opposite to Church.

The point is Church made his own opportunity, I don't think Reza would have done that and got the 1 on 1 in the first place and the point he guarantees Reza would have scored, I made the factual point about missing the open goal, so how can you guarantee he would have scored that opportunity.

I'm totally aware how hard it is but I constantly read from people how great this bloke is and he can do better than the other strikers, maybe he is maybe he will be, BUT there is no evidence of this as I have seen so far. The one thing he has excelled in is trying to con the ref's, which in fairness he finally did against Burnley once.

I would love for this bloke to start banging them in or any of our strikers.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I know most strikers that are not in the premier league would confirm that the pressure and fear to make a mistake is intense. Composure doesn't come easy.

Know Im not a Footballer so is probably why but I'd be shitting myself going out on to the grass and having 15,000 people evaluating my performance...

My legs would just turn to lead!!
    Maybe he wouldn't fall over so quickly if this was the case? and whilst we're at it Churchy could do with some of that lead in his boots...................
  • Backed him from day one ,what a goal and £3 for first goal scorer.
  • Yann897 said:

Backed him from day one ,what a goal and £3 for first goal scorer.

I've always been impressed with him... His technique against Wigan showed what he can do and was just unlucky hitting the post against Queens Park Rangers

I just feel he needs to be slightly quicker when passing the ball (i.e. needs to get used to England) and have a pre-season under his belt (Could be difficult even with Iran only expecting to play three games at the World Cup... no offence to the Iranian fans on here) and we could have an interesting little player next season
  • Yann897 said:

Backed him from day one ,what a goal and £3 for first goal scorer.

Are you now a millionaire?
    Not quite funny man but still £33 so not bad really .