Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reza Ghoochannejhad (signed by Apoel)

Comments

• Options

Strange move considering he was a regular at Heerenveen. Surely that's a big step down? APOEL got knocked out of the champions league qualifiers last week by a team from Lithuania.

Money and climate.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

We stuffed Apoel Nicosia 9-0 in a friendly when I was fair bit younger

We couldn’t even afford the flights over there now!
    It was at The Valley

• Options

I've got the programme somewhere .... the match was about 1966 or 67, if I remember.

• Options
    Good luck Reza. Charlton through and...oh fuck off.
  • Options

se9addick said:

We stuffed Apoel Nicosia 9-0 in a friendly when I was fair bit younger

We couldn’t even afford the flights over there now!
    It was at The Valley

We couldn’t even afford to turn the lights on there now!
  • Options

Strange move considering he was a regular at Heerenveen. Surely that's a big step down? APOEL got knocked out of the champions league qualifiers last week by a team from Lithuania.

Money and climate.
    Do a Cypriot team who average crowds less than 10k really have that much cash?
  • Options

Money and climate.
    Lots of Russian money in Cyprus, could be related.
  • Options
    Well. For the first time in his career he could be Putin the boot in!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Money and climate.
    APOEL are a publicly owned, but I imagine they did well enough off of getting to the group stages in the CL last season to be able to afford Reza's wages, and offer him a very enviable lifestyle.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Money and climate.
    APOEL are a publicly owned, but I imagine they did well enough off of getting to the group stages in the CL last season to be able to afford Reza's wages, and offer him a very enviable lifestyle.
    Got to the Quarter-Finals a few years ago too so should have a bit of cash from that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must be nice being an incredibly average footballer who’s a mercenary by nature. You get to play in interesting and warm places and live a decent lifestyle.
  • Options
    Well....he's 30 now, went to the World Cup but didn't play (like Pope and Dmitrovic) and announced his retirement from International football as soon as Iran were eliminated. My guess is he'll see out his playing career in a warm climate close to home on reasonable wages.
  • Options
    #onlyreza. So many memories. What were they again?
  • Options
    Chris Dickson had a successful spell in Cypriot football, so it can’t be that difficult.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Money and climate.
    Just image if Charlton were publicly owned?

Greenwich Council would have to withdraw their funding, because of Government cuts.
    Valley Gold would end up paying the electricity bill and half the players would be made redundant.

It could be worse ...... we could perhaps, be owned by a nice old fella from Belgium.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I've got the programme somewhere .... the match was about 1966 or 67, if I remember.

One of the first games I went to!

• Options

Money and climate.
    Stranger things.

He's not going for an improved standard of football.
  • Options
    thought he was coming back as Lyle's replacement
  • Options
    I would rather Lyle play on crutches than have Rezza back.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He signed for PEC Zwolle in the Eredivisie last week.
    came on for his debut in the 56th minute and scored FOUR goals.

Apparently the first player in Dutch top flight history to come on as a sub and score 4 goals.
    Including a hat trick in 7 minutes as PEC Zwolle came back from 1-2 down to beat bottom club RKC Waalwijk 6-2. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    For those who are interested/curious. Reza comes on around 7 minutes into the video . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Ljj0cEAog
  • Options
    Was looking for this thread the other day but gave up. Saw that he scored 4 in that time too. That league is crazy though as practically every week there will be two or three games with about 7 goals 
  • Options
    For example, there were 46 goals in 9 games this weekend. Madness.
  • Options
    I see he’s had a name change. He’s now Reza Travelbags .. that’s the name on the back of shirt and is a lot easier to say that Goochannejad
  • Options
    Could he do it on a Tuesday night in Leeds?
  • Options
    Always did like :heart: Reza :heart:
  • Options
    Laziest player and one of the worst performers ever to appear for us. Got himself sent off at Leeds?? Even his own team mates rounded on him. He didn't want to be here and I don't want here about him. lazy fuck.