Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Donny vs Charlton | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Miller scores for Yeovil, Sharp earns a penalty for Donny, when are we going to get a striker?
    Don't think Richard Murray will be the best man to advise on signings, remember he recommended Jimmy Hasselbank!
    As Jimmy Seed said many, many years ago the red light is shinning.
    Apart from Yann we all know our other strikers are not good enough!
  • Options
    Ross said:

4th red card of the season?

Yep.

Pritchard, Jackson, Wiggins and Wilson.

• Options
    One of those nights where the only small consolation is that everyone else drew or lost as well, Yeovil losing when they could have won, Millwall and Massives drawing (and also down to 10 men), Bolton, Brum losing, fast sinking Blackpool stuffed 5-1.
    None of this will be any use of course unless we can start winning league games, we need a couple of 3 pointers badly.
  • Options

Just seen a tweet saying that yann walked over to away fans on his own and waved

oh fuck king helll!! no yann!
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Just seen a tweet saying that yann walked over to away fans on his own and waved

That doesn't sound good.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Can anyone who was there tell us if Powelly jumped out the tunnel 3 times at the end.
  • Options

Dark times.

Whilst everyone was sitting in their front room bitching and toy throwing, 400 odd of our fellow fans have a 3 hour plus miserable trip home.

Well done guys and girls, proud of you.

here here!

• Options
    Think that was a worse result than any of us could have expected. I'm in a camp where I can see that CP has not been backed by previous owners and we have a poor squad BUT he doesn't help himself with wierd team selections and strange tactics. He should listen to himself and stick to his preferred 4-4-2. Breaking up the Cousins/Stephens partnership is non sensical and square pegs in round holes never work. Accommodating Jackson is a mistake too. We moan that Church is crap but we don't create anywhere near enough chances. There is a lot wrong and it's going to take a lot of sorting out.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

From a mate there: "possibly the better team until an awful first goal. Then everything possible went wrong."

I'm more inclined to believe that than those queueing up to complain. There are some days where nothing goes for you. This was one of them

I can agree with you up to a point - but I don't remember reading on the match thread that we hit the post, or their keeper having a blinder & being man of the match, or being denied a blatant penalty. In fact, I don't remember reading that we had an effort on target all night, and herein lays the problem.

• Options
    Haven't felt this low after a defeat in a few years. Dale and Yann possible off, a boggy pitch which can't be fixed, no transfers, contract fiasco still ongoing. What a mess we are. Come on Roland you haven't spent £20million for League One football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

uie2 said:

That doesn't sound good.

appantly someone tweeted yann went over to cafc fans on this own and waved!
  • Options
    Haven't felt this bad about a defeat since dagenham away
  • Options
    We have had a touch with the results tonight apart from our own , now lets get some players in b4 friday and start moving in the right direction , someone who can create a chance and someone who could finish ,would do very nicely Roland.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ha ha Greenie, I was urging Dagenham on tonight, I'm desperate for a London Derby next season.
  • Options

uie2 said:

That doesn't sound good.

Worried.
  • Options
    Ahaha desperate times, get the dons up aswell, or is three a crowd?
  • Options

Ahaha desperate times, get the dons up aswell, or is three a crowd?

Went dons today. They are poor but scrapped and undeserved win. Hopefully beat them
  • Options
    Anyone take up the offer from the Doncaster Welcoming Committee?
  • Options

More worried about the Yann tweet to be honest.

just text the old man about this as he was there - he says there were other players that came over sort of one by one too, sounds more like it wasn't a night for the whole team to come over in a celebratory huddle than a case of players saying a pointed goodbye.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    How anyone can take a crumb of positive out of this result is beyond me....we lost to one of the worst teams in this league (bar ourselves) if anyone thinks RD is going to do anything about it apart from selling our only 1 or 2 decent players you are mistaken....if you want a laugh go and read the deluded lot on the day he took over...this is appalling.
  • Options
    My Nan was from Fleetwood. Would love a day out there.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Seth and RedMidland - good work. We couldn't manage even a single shot on target (BBC stats) - and not for the first time this season. That kind of weakness is inexcusable in professional football at any level. I have to ask this question again: What the hell goes on at Sparrows Lane on Mondays to Fridays?
  • Options
    U av got to feel for seb 750 games and we play shite , but he is probably used.to it by now , results dont lie we are in deep trouble.
  • Options

You have to feel for Powell, the squad is down to the bare bones and there has been time to bring the players we desperately need in since the buy out. Going into today so weak could be the difference at the end of the season between staying up and going down. If RD thought he could lift us up with SL rejects, I'll have some of what he is having - but seriously it is very worrying.

With the window about to close, the only stories we are hearing are about our best players leaving. Not too late for something to happen, but extremely worried that there is no idea from the owner what is required. When you are angry it is easy to blame Chrissy, but take a deep breath and count to ten and it becomes clear that he hasn't been backed. RD needs to back him or sack him. I really hope he does the former, but he can't take the middle road. It is the road to oblivion.

Voice of reason right here!
  • Options

Thanks Seth and RedMidland - good work. We couldn't manage even a single shot on target (BBC stats) - and not for the first time this season. That kind of weakness is inexcusable in professional football at any level. I have to ask this question again: What the hell goes on at Sparrows Lane on Mondays to Fridays?

Your not allowed to ask that question. Your not qualified to.
  • Options
    Stop slagging off the academy Steve
  • Options

Your not allowed to ask that question. Your not qualified to.
    Funnily enough, you're right.
  • Options
    No shots on target was my point earlier when I said it was a negative line up. It's happened so many times this season that it shows we need to be more positive even away from home. We were playing Doncaster not Real Madrid, so would playing with Harriott and Green wide really have been that bad a move. Instead we played Evina again, who even the most rose tinted fans said was useless on Saturday.

Church scoring on Saturday won't do us any favours long term. It's kept him in the side ahead of Sordell. I guarantee you if Sordell went somewhere else and got constant game time he would score. Church must come out the side if we want to climb the table.

The only positive I can see at the moment is the goalkeeper.