Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Donny vs Charlton | Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    If Yann goes, we will have Sordell and Church playing!
  • Options

Jeezus Fecking H Christ!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Jeezus Fecking H Christ!
    I've always wondered what the H stood for ?

• Options
    The thing is, it feels like the togetherness of the squad may be on the wane. That was probably the main thing we had to help us get up the league. I just don't know why you buy a club which clearly needs a couple of players urgently and do nothing, threatening any return on your investment. It makes no sense at all to me!
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

Jeezus Fecking H Christ!
    I've always wondered what the H stood for ?

Hoofball
  • Options
    is he available ??
  • Options
    WSS said:

Stop slagging off the academy Steve

I'm fuckin furious mate, more than the result, I have never slagged off Lennon or Piggott and the geezer ain't got the balls to apologise or retract it.

• Options

Scoreline flattered us. Very hard to see anything positive in that performance, but the game was over when Wilson got sent off. Not sure what we were trying to achieve second half except play out time.

If they'd been any good we'd have conceded six.

Time CP had some help from the owner, because without it we are surely going down, whoever is in charge.

Hopefully this will persuade him he has to do something.
  • Options
    Oh dear, is someone 'telling it like it is'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A very depressing spectacle. A poor quality game with nothing in it until they scored. They then got the second shortly afterwards when their midfield player ran through acres of space in midfield, put the forward through and Wilson took the guy down. Game over.

We were set up badly from the start. Notwithstanding the lack of options, it was senseless to put Cousins on the right and stick Evina on the left of midfield (behind which, young Harry Lennon also struggled out of position).

The second half was one way traffic and frankly embarrassing. Duffy (the ex-Scunny player) ran rings around us and made our players look bovine.

A 300 mile round trip feels a long way when your team doesn't muster a single shot on target. In fact, I can only recall one shot off in the first half, a dismal effort by Church after a lovely chip from Cousins,

On this performance, we are heading for League 1, although there is a long way to go
  • Options
    It's not like Donny are near us in the table.

We are only getting players sent off so they can be rested for the important games...
  • Options
    load of anal cock.
  • Options
    It didn't feel right when I saw the team - thankfully Wiggins back, but now we have lost Wilson with Solly already out. We need new players of the right quality and quick.
  • Options

It didn't feel right when I saw the team - thankfully Wiggins back, but now we have lost Wilson with Solly already out. We need new players of the right quality and quick.

don't worry, we have the new lad from SL - he can play rb.

• Options
    Thank god for ever another ground ticked off
  • Options
    What did you think of it Mike
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Scoreline flattered us. Very hard to see anything positive in that performance, but the game was over when Wilson got sent off. Not sure what we were trying to achieve second half except play out time.

Time CP had some help from the owner, because without it we are surely going down, whoever is in charge.

This!
    The previous owners provided no loan cover for Solly situation and this has not yet been addressed
    The previous owners failed to replace Fuller with sufficient quality up front and this has not yet been addressed

The cost is buttons compared to relegation which was and is totally avoidable and Powell deserves the chance to put this right. Can't comment on the last couple of games but was there at Oxford at home and first half was poor - something appears not right at the start of every game?

Everyone else failed to win because that is what they do at the bottom and we are fortunate it will be simpler this year to finish 21st ... but CAFC have to win games to do that and that means goals...

And these wins need to come sooner rather than later.

All I would say is that Donny probably felt they owed us one for the abandoned game.

Positives? We move on; Wiggins is back now; I rate our central midfield pairing of Cousins and Stephens as the best (and youngest) for a long time; we still have a decent set of players(& keepers); if we can just sign a couple more in it can be turned around
  • Options
    1 league win and 4 draws from 10 games. 7 points from possible 30. 20 games left and 3 days left to get some quality in to avoid relegation.
  • Options
    Everyone pritty much agrees Kermo is our best player and his main strength is heading so why do you set a side up with no pace and no wingers to cross the ball into him?? I do not get it. Further, we have no goals corners in midfield Cousins will not score, Stephens very occasionally, Evina no, Wilson no apart from 2 vs Brighton and even JJ has lost it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It can be turned round if we sign a couple of players in the right positions and of the right quality. But are we going to do it. We may even end up with a much weaker squad/team at the end of the window- if rumours are correct.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    1StevieG said:

1 league win and 4 draws from 10 games. 7 points from possible 30. 20 games left and 3 days left to get some quality in to avoid relegation.

This.

Some people earlier were saying not to panic & that we have games in hand. However, you have to win the games in hand, and currently I just don't see that happening enough to get out of trouble.
  • Options
    IMO the biggest problem is that we don't seem to create enough chances.

No service.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    If we get a forward in who scores goals and a creative player of the right quality, we will win the games we need to. If we don't it is going to be a struggle! If we lose the few really good players we have, we might as well give up!
  • Options
    Most of our players & CP don't have a job this summer. It must affect how they perform. Not happy with new owner. He seems miserly. Fingers in too many pies. Does he give a feck about cafc?
  • Options

Ok Panic shit your pants and cry, what will it do give you an ulcer a possible heart attack or will actually let you feel that life is shit

or try to see positives from somewhere and to me 60 points still to play for is a fucking big positive

Your having a laugh.
  • Options

Most of our players & CP don't have a job this summer.

But they do have a job to do right now.

• Options
    I wish I was mate, I aint Golfie sounds like he is going to fucking have a seizure one day
  • Options
    I went in hope for my first away game since Bristol City last season, I come back cut down by ineptness and with a feeling of despair. I know we get beat, and we pick ourselves up and this part and parcel of following a club, but I'm low. Yann did wave goodbye. I'm gutted if he's gone. He's probably one of my best ever players in a Charlton shirt. It pains me to think that he's gone and Simon 'shocking' Church remains. I have always defended Powell and still think he's a good manager, but for fuck's sake, stop playing central midfielders out wide. Tonight's victim, Jordan Cousins on the right. I know people don't rate Green, but he's naturally comfortable out wide. We need to start utilising him, or bring in a right footed player on the right wing, not a left footed player on the right and vice versa. We started brightly for 10 minutes, and to be honest Doncaster looked like most teams in this division, nothing to be afraid of. However, as is always the case with our defence, we are shit at set pieces. The free kick on their right was poorly dealt with that led to the corner on their right for the first goal. We went to sleep, short corner, we failed to clear, 1-0 down. 2nd goal. Again, ball in from their right, helped on, and the guy who won the penalty was completely unmarked. Then Lawrie 'he used to be shite, he still is fuckin shite' Wilson just comes rushing in like a bull in a china shop and it's game over. 2 people at fault here. Whoever of Morrison of Dervite for
    letting the guy go unmarked, and Wilson for going in like a maniac. Jackson is so far off the pace it's embarrassing. He cannot start games anymore. We need 4-5 new players, and that may not be enough if Yann goes. RD, I hate to be so forceful but you need to spend.