Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++The Manager and the Rest of the Season - YOU DECIDE+++ (Results on Page 6)

Comments

• Options
    E technically I suppose. New contract but only if he's given backing to improve the 1st team and squad. If not then I don't think he's experienced (good?) enough to turn it around and it wouldn't be fair on him or us to carry on.
  • Options
    B. He's the right man but he's been put in a horrible place over the last eighteen months.
  • Options
    B.
    And get some new players in which is just as important and not SL rejects.
    If then he still plays players out of position then people can moan all they like.

• Options
    B.
  • Options
    B. the lack of a new contract for Powell ( and the players ) is killing this team .
  • Options
    D
    What business we do in and out over the next few days will decide our season. If we don't welcome in genuine quality that can make an impact in the first team then I see relegation highly likely.
    Should we not bring in anyone that is capable of making a difference then I see Powell getting the chop before the end of the season or leaving at the end of it

A is just not an option. Not with days left of a transfer window. My pro-Powell feelings are being tested right now, but he deserves to see the season out, whatever the fate.
  • Options
    B, uncertainty is killing us along with years of underspending.
  • Options
    B. Powell has had little investment since league 1 and has worked miracles so far in keeping us up. Give him a little money and you'll see what he can do.
  • Options
    I assume you are saying 'before the end of the window' so that whoever's in charge has the authority over much needed transfers?

There's two days left for Christ sake!
    It's taken our owners almost a month and counting to get their feet under the table and to understand the workings of the club. I would suggest a new man would require a similar timescale to understand what personell he needs let alone the time it would take to get those deals over the line.

For that reason it's B for me. He knows the club inside out and has had his list for over a year.
    Let him stay and go and get his shopping for him Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    B. Prioitise a couple of signings with the promise of sorting a new deal next week. Given cash before he's spent it astutely and I'm sure would target Championship experienced players who will graft rather than unknown cast-offs from elsewhere. If RD is worried about giving Powell too long a contract then sign him up for one more year with better terms and a further extension available if he keeps us up. Powell has his faults but with our current crap I could not see any (available) managers doing better.
  • Options
    B - I believe the owners have to back the current manager with a contract, sort out the contract position for the current squad, and bring in some players who will improve us in key positions, or this season will get much worse. I never expected we would get so close the the end of January without a resolution to this situation.
  • Options
    D.

I don't think CP knows what his best side is with the players we have, or the best formation. Too many misjudgements tactically lately, not learning from previous selection errors. An influx of better, more consistent players may solve this, but it might not.

Really not sure anymore.
  • Options
    B. We need stability. He needs to be given funds for 2 new players and a couple of loans, not cast-offs from the sister clubs. Problems have all come about from previous regime, new lot need to show their intentions quickly.
  • Options
    Only read AFKA's poser at the top & a couple of responses but for me ...

B

For the same reasons as stated by nla.
  • Options

B but only if he is backed fully and this is because he has proven beyond any doubt when given funds to purchase his players he can do great things

This 100%

• Options
    As much as I'm frustrated with last night I'd still have to go with B. Get the players in that he needs and offer contracts to Yann, Stephens, Wiggins and Morrison.

I can understand from why RD wouldn't want to offer Powell a new deal. Powell has kept us competing in this league with a squad that needed improving after we were promoted. We got by in the end with loans like Hulse and Obika that kept us going, and got far more out of players like Pritchard and Harriott than we could have realistically expected at the time.

This season we just don't have the attacking players needed at this level. You can blame Powell for signing players like Church, Gower and Sordell, but if it wasn't them it would be other players hoping a Championship team would offer them a contract.

As I said in another thread a playmaker, winger and goalscorer could make a real difference. He's only ever had the funds to build a team to ensure we got out of League One, not one to play attractive attacking football, or compete for the Championship play-offs. Other issues such as the state of our pitch hardly encourage passing football either. He can build a squad and team spirit, he can pick the right tactics, formation and team. He can motivate and get the best out of players.

There are players here that ideally would have been replaced by now, and regulars that would make good squad players if we had a stronger side. Give him more time to build a Championship squad.
  • Options
    D) I have no idea what could fix this, want this to work out for Powell more than anything but can't see it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A. We pay off Powell and the coaching team before the end of the window,

As much as it pains me to say because it does, I think it's time for a change. So many times I thought to myself he will get it right, and it feels like every time he does the next game or two he reverts back two steps. The football we play under him is the most boringest I've ever witnessed, every game home or away we sit back hoping to keep it 0-0 for as long as possible with the hope we can nick a goal somehow. We as a team are not that bad and we are better then quite a few teams in this league but time and time again Powell shows he has no faith in his players and goes back to his stubborn defensive ways. The points we have thrown away of late to play Jackson has been a joke, especially after he cost us 2 points against Yeovil with that stupid tackle but comes straight back in the team. What must that do to the fringe players confidence. Green and Sordell played really well at Reading and done what you hope all fringe players do come and show the gaffer why you should be playing, except the next game their is someone else playing who hasn’t played for weeks. The strange line ups with players out of position and the strange timing of substitutions just don’t make sense.

I'm not even angry like I was when we had Dowie/Pardew in charge I'm just disappointed and bewildered to why he makes so many weird choices. It wouldn’t surprise me against Wigan on Saturday someone like Gower who has just disappeared of the face of the earth will be starting on the right or in the middle. It's strange shit like that, that happens time and time again that I don’t understand.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    B&D
  • Options
    D.
  • Options
    B
  • Options
    Little bit from B and a Little from D

B, with the backing and contract situation sorted I think will see us through. Backing with transfers included

A little from D though as im really not sure what can fix it
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    D. The sale of Smith and reluctance to renew senior contracts (including CP) over past month, together with failure to recruit anything other than Liege reserves convinces me that our budget is no bigger than TJ/MS allowed. I fear for the future.
  • Options
    B. We need stability. He needs backing - and some investment in the FIRST TEAM ie not fringe squad players - pronto.
  • Options
    B.
  • Options
    B

When supported in the past he's delivered. He needs to be judged once he's been supported again, not right now under these ridiculous set of circumstances.