Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++The Manager and the Rest of the Season - YOU DECIDE+++ (Results on Page 6)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    A
    clearly RD hasnt backed Powell---no contracts sorted and no investment. CP wouldnt have brought in RDs rag tag and garbage all sorts of nomads rejects if he had been given his first,second, third and 20th selection. Which means RD isnt listening/dosnt understand or dosnt trust Powell.

CP and Dyer should go----------we will go down-------RD brings in someone who understands his overall plan and has a couple of months in the close season to attempt to operate the "EuoVison" of RD and get us out on Div 1.

the darkness approaches.
  • Options
    A from me, need a change
  • Options
    I think B is the only way forward because it is too late for A ,if RD had wanted to dump SCP ha should have done it straight away,it is too late now.I hope he can sign some players before Friday.
  • Options
    B . The uncertainty is clearly unsettling. The squad needs fresh blood and Chris should be given the opportunity to do that job.
  • Options
    b) I wait to see what he can do again (like winning the League 1 title), backed by a new contract and investment in a threadbare squad. Unfortunately, he can only perform miracles for a while and RD needs to act now before it is too late.
    If not... we will see what SCP can achieve when another club snap him up and give him resources.
  • Options
    B - Including new contracts for 'his' selection of players and investment in new players he deems required. Obviously he can now benefit from RD's connections/network. He has proved his ability already and I feel that the current predicament is not of his making and that he is doing an unenviable job. Even team selections, there may have been good reasons for his choice that we don't know about. As Manager, he should be allowed to try different formations. He should also be allowed have a bad game and learn from the experience. He needs our support and RD's.
  • Options
    I guess i am in D - but I don't want to "do nothing"

so it's - B

My own advice to CP would be:

Stop all this - "we are together as a squad and we know the size of the task" nonsense.
    If players are not delivering - rest them, simples.

I love Jacko to bits, but if he is leg weary then drop him.
    Church is not delivering - drop him
    Alnwick seems a better keeper - play him
    Evina is not good enough - drop him
    Wood is preferred to Dervite
    Stephens is a poor passer and weak tackler
    Use Hughes - and play to his strengths bearing in mind his limited stamina
    Use Green and Harriot more - if they don't deliver - drop them

Use the loan system / transfer window to bring in players to boost the lack of quality.

As for the Boardroom:

Smith is at Swindon, Danny Haynes is up for grabs, and DJ Campbell/Kevin Phillips/Paddy Madden have all become available in recent weeks.

The club just about breaks even in the Championship, but makes a loss in L1 - if you were on the Titanic and a bloke offered you a lifeboat for £100, you wouldn't say " No way, I've already paid £100 for a 1st class ticket".

We once took a million pound wages gamble on Di Canio and it propelled us into the upper parts of the Prem.

Powell may say we have 20 matches left to solve this - but as I said at the start of the season:

"this team doesn't have what it takes for a relegation fight and if we are in the bottom 6 in November, then we are in for a bumpy ride"

Finally, my message to CP is:

after all the dreadful football you have served up this season (e.g.first hour of Reading away), why oh why don't you play 4-5-1 when we need to steal points and 4-3-3 when you want to entertain/go for a win ?

I believe we have the right manager and I support my team - but something is badly wrong behind the scenes.

Why would the new owner leave RM on the board ?
    Why buy CAFC and watch it fail ?
    How will we replace the dozen or so players/coaches who are going to walk away in May ?

VP
    "There are more questions than answers, and the more I find out, the less I know"
  • Options
    D - As set out in this article
  • Options
    B but subject to further investment.

Chris has proved he has an eye for a player and can motivate. Some of his decisions are wrong but he is still learning the trade and there isnt a manager out there who loves the club more than him. That may be sentimental, or blind optimism but I think he can still improve the club.

I just hope we can get through this season, finish 4th from bottom, and have a sweeping change of playing personnel in the Summer to make us more competitive in this league
  • Options
    "The club just about breaks even in the Championship" Do we, why did we need a mystery backer putting £800K in every month?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    D / B

Give cp 3/4 more players and a contract till the end of the season.

Cp needs to stop playing tactical/team selection suicide though if he is going to last that long
  • Options
    E
    Whether I want Chris to be manager or not they are taking the Piss
    They don't want to sack him now because they know 95 per cent of fans will go mad
    Not backing him
    If Chris keeps us up Might sack him
    We go down with Chris reason to sack him
    With gooner on this
    Back me or sack me
  • Options
    B - but subject to a new contract and a SAY in who he tries to get in. I think losing Powell would be a big loss to us as fans. He is CAFC through and through and will always have the best interests of the club at heart. Lets wait and see Friday night. If Kermorgant and/or Dale have gone - we've lost good players before...as long as we replace. If Gucci joins plus Jackson or Ngoo on loan pls some of the other (as yet unconfirmed Liege loans) + 'others' then give Powell time to show he can work with the replacements.
  • Options
    Sack the manager and the coaching staff immediately.

Just so long as the replacement is a better coach; has more funds available immediately; commands the respect of the players and fans; is available to start before the end of the month (ie within 48 hours); can commit to at least three years; speaks English; and does not demand wages that are beyond what the club can afford. And also, just so long as the coaching staff are respected by the players; understand the history, fitness, ability and commitment and desire levels of all the players in the first team squad; and know the relative strength, ability and development of all other players in the club, on loan and within the academy. And also, just so long as the replacement and the coaching staff know the short- mid- and long-term goals of that need to be met by the team on the pitch, and the commercial, administrative and strategic teams off the pitch). And if all of these criteria can't be met, then stick with the current manager.

In other words: stick to plan B - back Chris Powell with a new contract.

(Please note that this does not refer only to the current situation, but should be a constant: the club should ensure that the clubs is always controlled by best man and the best group of coaches).
  • Options
    Heart says B - Powell deserves a chance in this league with money behind him and some time to spend it. Then again I thought the same about Parky.

Head says A - With Nathan Jones coming back from Brighton to take over. It seems obvious from RDs dealings elsewhere that the only funds we will get will be self generated. If liege is the model we are to follow I don't expect contracts for Yann or anyone else over 30. Youth is the way and playing them in the team increases their value and the only way we break even in the championship is if the wage bill comes down, a lot, and kids are a lot cheaper than established championship players

We will probably get C though as I don't think RD is in a hurry. He will be aware of the "emergency loan" window and if he's in no mood to throw money at the team this is when I think we will do business.
  • Options
    B.

How anyone can successfully manage in these circumstances is beyond me - players and staff more worried about their futures than success on the field. No money for the past 18 months to strengthen or improve the squad - realistically our squad is more League 1 than Championship.

Powell's has got to be the easiest contract of the lot to sort out. Get it done and then others e.g. Yann, will follow.
  • Options
    B otherwise should be A

Powell must be backed - if not then the only alternative that might not damage the club is to appoint someone else and back them. The indecisive and unclear mess that we have had for the past few months has damaged the club and cannot afford to continue - and RD should realise this if he wants to protect his investment.

I can appreciate that RD has not had much time so far and doing business in the transfer window isn't easy - but he has to start making an impression soon even if that doesn't involve throwing around the cash.
  • Options
    b give it a go but if his decision making does not improve with a better squad he will be history
  • Options
    I think RD has already decided if this is true.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/9139964

• Options
    I can only really go B. Not happy with some of the games I've seen this season and getting tired of the excuses and playing people out of position (it didn't work last year when Wiggins was injured either). But can't see any other option, too late for someone else and I don't think there is anyone else likely to succeed at it available. I also think CP is a genuine asset for a club like ours with its community base and everything.
    If it's true Yann is going, I look forward to playing Barnsley, Yeovil and Chesterfield next year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    B) He has done the business before when he was given resources and he nearly got us to a play-off position when he was slightly shackled. He does have experience now but of course he is still learning. The fact that he has remained so dignified given the appalling back drop he has had to contend with this season shows me a strong character and a man the team will rally around. Do it now Monsieur Duchatelet before it all goes wrong. We drop down a division again and there won't be too many coming to for the improved match day experience you are promising and you may as well not bother with fixing the pitch.

N.B. I will still be coming whatever division we are in but I would rather it be the Championship.
  • Options
    B. We award Powell a new contract before the end of the window: He's the man to lead this club on the pitch. You back your leaders—especially those that have proved themselves by accomplishing goals—and you address any issues that prevent them from performing to the best of their abilities.
  • Options
    Just posted on Sky Sports News: Yann Kermorgant transferred to afc Bournemouth.
    B

I.M.O. We now need to bring in 2 Championship leval strikers in less than 2 days, plus the midfield is looking very tired.
    Hope C.P is allowed to spend some dosh.
  • Options
    B is my prefered choice. He has made mistakes, but give him the tools to get on with the job.
    However C seems to be the way we are going which will do the club, Powell, and the players no favours at all.
    I can't work out RD
  • Options
    Have only read page 1 but I would guess the majority are going with b) and that is my choice. Why? Because the club need stability rather than uncertainty to take us through this difficult period and CP is the man that should be able to provide this.
  • Options
    E. Award him a contract but make it performance based. Also, give him the money to improve the squad. A performance based contract would not lock us in if things just don't work out.
  • Options
    B
  • Options
    B
  • Options
    B. We award Powell a new contract before the end of the window

Although under the current circumstances he'd be absolutely mad to sign it. Over the last 3 years I have seen him turn us from an utter shambles into a tight knit squad reminiscent of the side that Curbs put together in the mid-90's, the primary difference being that Powell hasn't been able to gradually and subtly improve that squad in the way that Curbs was. With the circus going on around him in relation to expiring contracts, players apparently on the verge of departing, obscure loan signings being brought in, etc, I really don't see how any blame can be attached to him for our current plight.
  • Options
    E: Assure Powell that he is OK in his job irrespective of results until the end of the season and then review the ENTIRE situation at the club