Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Piotr Parzyszek - SIGNED UNTIL 2018 - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    _MrDick said:

Never in the history of Charlton Athletic Football Athletic has so much been written about someone who cost so much and achieved so little.

I'll see your PP and raise you Cory Gibbs
    Thing is... Cory Gibbs was just unlucky during his spell @ Charlton (Would love him to release a book), Piotr Parzyszek will forever be in the Club Handbook which'll be released every year showing as having played one substitute appearance (although in 50 years he could be a tricky question in a Charlton Quiz Night)
  • Options
    I might be tempted to suggest Gary Rowett, if you add in the fact that Curbs rejected extending the Jorge Costa deal in order to get him...
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Cory Gibbs turned up on a free transfer, with little in the way of fanfare. He didn't play for us during 3 years of collecting a wage as a result of being extremely unlucky with injuries/having legs made of glass, knees made of rice paper and porcelain ankles (whichever way you want to view it).

Polish Pete cost £700k (our biggest money signing since Pardew was in charge), the CAFC website describing the "highly-rated striker" as having "previously been linked with moves to S.L. Benfica along with a number of Premier League sides". 4 minutes of first team football, unwanted by 4 consecutive managers, he is the figurehead of the woeful recruitment strategy that personified the early stages of Roland's reign.

Cory's got nothing on Piotr.

Never really seen any extended footage, so how mediocre, (not up to the champ), is Polish Pete, anyone? Also, in reality have all the coaches in recent years, rejected giving him a go?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I might be tempted to suggest Gary Rowett, if you add in the fact that Curbs rejected extending the Jorge Costa deal in order to get him...

I always thought that Jorge Costa joined us simply to ensure that he would be involved in the 2002 World Cup and that upon returning to Porto, the Manager he didnt get along with had gone (Partly because the fans were outraged at losing Costa to us) with Jose Mourinho becoming the Manager and so put him back into the First-Team
  • Options

I always thought that Jorge Costa joined us simply to ensure that he would be involved in the 2002 World Cup and that upon returning to Porto, the Manager he didnt get along with had gone (Partly because the fans were outraged at losing Costa to us) with Jose Mourinho becoming the Manager and so put him back into the First-Team
    Agree. I think he was always going to go back to Porto
  • Options
    ilovelucy said:

MrLargo said:

Cory Gibbs turned up on a free transfer, with little in the way of fanfare. He didn't play for us during 3 years of collecting a wage as a result of being extremely unlucky with injuries/having legs made of glass, knees made of rice paper and porcelain ankles (whichever way you want to view it).

Polish Pete cost £700k (our biggest money signing since Pardew was in charge), the CAFC website describing the "highly-rated striker" as having "previously been linked with moves to S.L. Benfica along with a number of Premier League sides". 4 minutes of first team football, unwanted by 4 consecutive managers, he is the figurehead of the woeful recruitment strategy that personified the early stages of Roland's reign.

Cory's got nothing on Piotr.

Never really seen any extended footage, so how mediocre, (not up to the champ), is Polish Pete, anyone? Also, in reality have all the coaches in recent years, rejected giving him a go?
    Powell gave him is 4 minutes, and diplomatically described him as "one for next season". Riga never picked him (not even on the bench as far as I recall). After Peeters' arrival he was loaned to Sint Truiden for the season, so we can assume Peeters rejected him. And under Luzon he appears to be on his way out again (perhaps permanently this time). That sounds like 4 rejections to me.

I've not seen any footage of him at all. Sometimes you don't need to.
  • Options

Agree. I think he was always going to go back to Porto
    Mourinho took over Porto, recalled Costa and put him at the heart of their defence as they went on to win the Champions League. Nothing to do with Curbishley not wanting him to stay.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    LenGlover said:

Martin Christensen?

£5K plus a week allegedly when we had nowt for nowt.

If I recall correctly, we signed him on a ridiculous deal whereby his former club were due £250k on Christensen's first Charlton appearance - hence we ended up stuck with paying his wages but unable to play him competitively.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    That's not enlightening in any way... unless he means he's a go here?

We need another striker.... 'The time is right'....

'#newchallenge' Championship instead of Belgium?

'Let's do it' Nike, sponsors of our kit?
  • Options
    uie2 said:

pete will be in the side next season! and there will be some red faces from peeps saying hes shit! because he clearly isnt! give the lad a chance

• Options
    MrLargo said:

LenGlover said:

Martin Christensen?

£5K plus a week allegedly when we had nowt for nowt.

If I recall correctly, we signed him on a ridiculous deal whereby his former club were due £250k on Christensen's first Charlton appearance - hence we ended up stuck with paying his wages but unable to play him competitively.
    I seem to recall he had a lovely car though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Maybe he's off to KFC rather than Nando's.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

But let's look a little closer.

Piotr made one appearance for Charlton. His appearance lasted for four minutes. Four minus one equals three.

Do you know what else equals three?

That's right. Three is the number of season tickets bought on the back of his signing.

But let's dig a little deeper. Season tickets. The new ticket turnstiles are robots. Duchatelet has made large investments in technology.

Duchatelet was born on 14/11. 14 minus 11 equals three.

Duchatelet is illuminati and Piotr is a robot confirmed.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

But let's look a little closer.

Piotr made one appearance for Charlton. His appearance lasted for four minutes. Four minus one equals three.

Do you know what else equals three?

That's right. Three is the number of season tickets bought on the back of his signing.

But let's dig a little deeper. Season tickets. The new ticket turnstiles are robots. Duchatelet has made large investments in technology.

Duchatelet was born on 14/11. 14 minus 11 equals three.

Duchatelet is illuminati and Piotr is a robot confirmed.
    Robotic Illuminati Player will play this season.
  • Options
    I saw PP at the endish spell of the season before last playing at Sparrows Lane up front with Piggott (Anil Koc was also involved around that time), and Piggott looked better.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I saw PP at the endish spell of the season before last playing at Sparrows Lane up front with Piggott (Anil Koc was also involved around that time), and Piggott looked better.

I was there too and would echo that.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Blimey. That's sold it to me- get rid !
  • Options

Curbs himself told me Jorge would not stay because his wife had a baby and wanted to return to Portugal...