Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Piotr Parzyszek - SIGNED UNTIL 2018 - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    First Derek Hales being sold and now this, its the final straw, theres no soul left in football anymore.
  • Options

Is alright a step up from OK?
    @seth_plum

Means he can't play on the left.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    And of course we'd all love every Charlton player to be great even after being pony but whatever he does in the future won't have changed what has gone on so far and he clearly hasn't been good enough at Charlton ..... Let's hope he finds his feet and returns a better player
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a loan to get game time for PP.

I still naively hope that PP will be a hit for us down the line. The fact that he has bulked up and added 7kg's in the off season says to me that he is a work in progress..

Let's hope so anyway..
  • Options
    Is there any sign anywhere indicating whether this is a loan or a transfer. It wouldclear things up if we knew. I hope it's a loan as I'd like to see the guy banging in the goals, and a sale would demonstrate some witless management, but amazingly, we still don't know.
  • Options
    Yes it probably was a waste of time PP joining Charlton as part of the RD Network...

But I dont understand these "waste of money" comments as it was RD who brought him and at the end of the day if PP goes on to play for St Truiden / Ujpest / Alcorcon or Carl Zeiss Jena, if he gets that club promoted with some goals then he'd have been worth every penny that RD paid (especially if he realise his so called potential and was sold to a club outside the network for a profit).

Only need to look a Rickie Lambert just signing for Liverpool... Was released by them as a Youngster for not being good enough (When fair enough he wasnt when they released him) but he's now cost them £4m to correct that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is there any sign anywhere indicating whether this is a loan or a transfer. It wouldclear things up if we knew. I hope it's a loan as I'd like to see the guy banging in the goals, and a sale would demonstrate some witless management, but amazingly, we still don't know.

There is a strange policy of not communicating even good news such as Gomez signing a new deal when it happened.
  • Options
    A policy?
  • Options
    Bagpuss said:

A policy?

Good point , a strange "practice" then.

You're right that it isn't clear if it is a policy or not so the wrong word for me to use.
  • Options

I thought he had morphed into Michael Barrymore!

Now look what you've done to my head:

• Options
    Reading some of the comments on the first few pages did make me giggle.
  • Options
    Nice fella is what I said dan not great player

From what I was told he has something about him but needed to increase strength and body mass

Imo pp will feature again oneday

The lines about yann and replacements were incorrect

More of a pr faux pas as much of a poor signing

Cafc is littered with shockers he won't be the last mistake and he certainly wasn't the first
  • Options

Ultimately it doesn't really make any difference though does it? If Pete goes on to be crap, he'll stay at STVV or be sold outside of the network with the money going back into RD's pocket, which he can then spend on the network. If Pete gets some game time and improves then he can be transferred back over here or to Standard. Any move within the network is essentially a loan, all you need is that the player agrees to it. I suspect the only reason we permanently got Reza was to get round the loan maximum restrictions we had already hit
  • Options

I had my doubts , this is what I wrote on the first page in reference to his you tube clips

just because there's a stadium around it doesn't mean it's not pub standard

• Options
    I think that all the attention he was getting from other clubs pushed the price up. I have no insider knowledge but I would imagine that he was bought with the intention of him playing last season and when it became clear that he was not good enough to do so he was put into the development squad to see if he would be good enough one day.

This is a problem with 'scouting' players. One never knows if they can step up. Look at our League One winning side, there were some players that I was sure would be able to step up and they didn't and there were players that I was sure wouldn't be good enough and they were.

Granted I'm not employed as a scout or a coach so it is more acceptable for me to get it wrong than a 'professional' but it does happen. Some you win, some you lose. We tend to remember the mistakes but as a club we have made some great signings too.

The most important thing in business/football/life is to recognise mistakes and deal with them. If PP is not worth the money we paid for him the mistake was made when we signed him. If he can't cut it here then moving him on asap is the best practice. If he later develops and makes someone else more money then that's irrelevant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think that all the attention he was getting from other clubs pushed the price up. I have no insider knowledge but I would imagine that he was bought with the intention of him playing last season and when it became clear that he was not good enough to do so he was put into the development squad to see if he would be good enough one day.

This is a problem with 'scouting' players. One never knows if they can step up. Look at our League One winning side, there were some players that I was sure would be able to step up and they didn't and there were players that I was sure wouldn't be good enough and they were.

Granted I'm not employed as a scout or a coach so it is more acceptable for me to get it wrong than a 'professional' but it does happen. Some you win, some you lose. We tend to remember the mistakes but as a club we have made some great signings too.

The most important thing in business/football/life is to recognise mistakes and deal with them. If PP is not worth the money we paid for him the mistake was made when we signed him. If he can't cut it here then moving him on asap is the best practice. If he later develops and makes someone else more money then that's irrelevant.

we know though that is actually incorrect. we were looking to sign him for this season but it was PP himself who said he was happy to join but wanted to sign there and then.

where this all went wrong was the Club saying he was a replacement for Yann when they should have said he was one for the future and would start in the development squad. seems they have learnt their lesson though with Ansah.

• Options
    Good idea for him to go away and get some game time, more experience, confidence and maybe a bit more physicality.

Dont get the negativity, he's still young and hasn't failed yet. The one thing we have a bucket load of now is strikers no no big issue that he hasnt broke into the first team this season.
  • Options

we know though that is actually incorrect. we were looking to sign him for this season but it was PP himself who said he was happy to join but wanted to sign there and then.

where this all went wrong was the Club saying he was a replacement for Yann when they should have said he was one for the future and would start in the development squad. seems they have learnt their lesson though with Ansah.

Has the club officially announced that there was no intention to play PP before this season? I haven't read that and unless it was specifically said at the time there is always the possibility that it has been 'leaked' since January after it was clear that he wasn't going to play much between then and May.

I'm not looking to insist I'm correct, but I have always had doubts that a player can be good enough for a decent season in our division in August but not good enough to help us avoid relegation in March. It's not as though we had a great player on a short term contract that he was brought in to replace.
  • Options
    KHA - there is an interview somewhere at the time he signed where he himself stated a number of Clubs were chasing him with a view to signing him this summer, Benfica included, but he plumped for us but said he didn't want to wait and wanted to get going there and then and so he signed in January. The Club then, wrongly in my opinion, paraded him as a signing and fans assumed he was a direct replacement for Yann whereas they should have said he'd go into the development squad thereby putting no pressure on him. If he then forced his way into 1st team contention then great but we did him no favours at all.
  • Options
    I don't think PP will be back. If he does well in Belgium he will be signed to SL and play for them.
  • Options

KHA - there is an interview somewhere at the time he signed where he himself stated a number of Clubs were chasing him with a view to signing him this summer, Benfica included, but he plumped for us but said he didn't want to wait and wanted to get going there and then and so he signed in January. The Club then, wrongly in my opinion, paraded him as a signing and fans assumed he was a direct replacement for Yann whereas they should have said he'd go into the development squad thereby putting no pressure on him. If he then forced his way into 1st team contention then great but we did him no favours at all.

I understand. I agree with you that the club were wrong to parade him. I'm sure that it was pointed out that the money from Yann was spent on this chap, which did increase the pressure on him.

I have nothing against the player at all. I can understand him wanting to come sooner rather than later as I presume he earned a pay rise by moving to us.

Still smacks of bad scouting, unless it was always intended for him to be moved on to another club for a year or two. The player may well have thought he'd be playing in England, where he could get on the radar of a Premier League club, opposed to being palmed off to a country where even Sky don't pretend to be interested in the football.
  • Options

Ultimately it doesn't really make any difference though does it? If Pete goes on to be crap, he'll stay at STVV or be sold outside of the network with the money going back into RD's pocket, which he can then spend on the network. If Pete gets some game time and improves then he can be transferred back over here or to Standard. Any move within the network is essentially a loan, all you need is that the player agrees to it. I suspect the only reason we permanently got Reza was to get round the loan maximum restrictions we had already hit

It does matter as its a fair sized chunk of our FFP 'allowance'.
  • Options
    Who says we are not getting a loan fee of 3 million euros? All smoke and mirrors, but could quite easily be a way around FFP.
  • Options
    Hope the kid gets his form and confidence back
  • Options
    Something about it all don't add up. He must have had people watching him before he signed. Is he homesick??