Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Piotr Parzyszek - SIGNED UNTIL 2018 - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options

If he comes good there will be some red faces after comments on here and I hope people are happy to apologise and admit they was wrong

Would people eating humble pie over PP be your highlight of next season Paulie?

Would be mine, if he scores 25+ goals
  • Options
    edited June 2014

If he comes good there will be some red faces after comments on here and I hope people are happy to apologise and admit they was wrong

Would people eating humble pie over PP be your highlight of next season Paulie?

Started to get boring now
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqtCeKMsbhU
    Powell and DYER got the hump when piotr was bought because they didnt ask for him and so they ruined the boys confidence by telling him he was shit and playing him in the under 21s.

What a surprise. It's Powell and DYER's fault.

Strange that Riga saw it the same way but of course his confidence was ruined by playing in the U21s just like Poyet and Cousins and Fox and Harriot did.

Because Dyer told Riga lies about Piotr and Riga belived him.

feck me sometimes you guys are to easy.
  • Options

Powell and DYER got the hump when piotr was bought because they didnt ask for him and so they ruined the boys confidence by telling him he was shit and playing him in the under 21s.

Strange that Riga saw it the same way but of course his confidence was ruined by playing in the U21s just like Poyet and Cousins and Fox and Harriot did.

*too
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Don't you ever feel embarrassed coming out with this crap?
    LOL never ever numptie
  • Options

How long was you waiting for that

*too

Ha!
  • Options

You really, really need to move on now.

Your hero Powell isn't here anymore, just let the pain go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You really, really need to move on now.

Your hero Powell isn't here anymore, just let the pain go.

Goodbye (Scabby) horse,
    Goodbye (Scabby) horse,
    And as he was saying goodbye to his (Scabby) horse,
    Saying goodbye to his (Scabby) horse!
  • Options

Any evidence......?

• Options
    Sorry to interrupt the intellectual debate, but the length of Piotr's contract indicates that someone with a bit of power in the organisation obviously rates him highly. I can't see Roland allowing 4/5 years unless he is very confident about the commitment, and he should now benefit from having a Head Coach who has been a useful striker himself.
  • Options
    The wording and introduction when he arrived was far too high profile, presumably to cover the bad PR from the loss of Yann.

If the wording had said
    "Piotr is a hot prospect for the future, and we expect him to develop into a major asset for the team in future seasons"
    then nobody would have expected him to be a 1st teamer last season, and nobody would be disappointed with him.

• Options
    To be fair, That video is decent, Yeah its you-tube but he certainly looks full on confidence and I think Bob can be the man to get him up and running.
  • Options

To be fair, That video is decent, Yeah its you-tube but he certainly looks full on confidence and I think Bob can will be the man told to get him up and running.

• Options
    I posted this yesterday on the COG thread when it ought really to be on this one.

Piotr is certainly an enigma wrapped in a conundrum covering a mystery, but I hope (and suspect) not hiding a vacuum.

As kids we had the concept of a goal hanger, nowadays it might be described as a penalty box or 18 yard player. Piotr's vids, and indeed the good fellow himself says as much, he is a finisher...will be happy to score soft, or dustbin, or snap shot goals, but in the box will try to score with every touch.

Now that is well and good. However you have to take into account offsides, balls actually finding their way into the area frequently, and to cope with the hairy championship defenders who are trying to stop you. Being only a penalty box player is a tough gig these days and others try to add a few more strings to their bows.

It is quite thought provoking contemplating the kind of striker Piotr is with Simon Church. Church runs and runs, chases everything down, never gives up, is very team oriented...but sadly when it comes to even getting a fair share of dustbin goals he falls short.

Piotr is very goal orientated, is not the kind of player to compensate for lack of scoring by running and running. So what have we acquired? A player who will be prolific if it can be accepted that his overt work rate will be average, and if the ball is played into the area twenty times a game at a variety of heights and angles. We were not set up like that at the moment Piotr arrived.

When Piotr arrived the first team were not getting the ball up front particularly frequently beyond Yann being a focus, and certainly not much in wider areas, the development squad culture and players available were similar. Piotr was therefore pitched not only into an alien cultural environment at such a young age, but an alien footballing environment, and asked to play in a way that was alien to him and not playing to his strengths. The result a massive confidence loss.

I have said elsewhere he needs support to rebuild his game, but he may also need to add an extra aspect to his game in order to get regular Championship football. I can't think of many Championship goalscorers who are able to simply be a penalty area player. Ross McCormack is a typical example of a player who is involved everywhere, and somehow some more qualities need to be added to Piotr's game.

It may be Bobbin along and the new coaching regime can unwrap the goodies in Piotr, but I also think his acquisition at the time he came made absolutely no sense. I happen to think more or less the same about Reza. I have seen Anil Koc and would rather not comment, although what I have seen of Loic Nego is more encouraging.

Poitr ought not to be written off, but he certainly needs some restoration work before he is ready, and I say that however much our football next season will be radical, modern and continental.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I posted this yesterday on the COG thread when it ought really to be on this one.

Piotr is certainly an enigma wrapped in a conundrum covering a mystery, but I hope (and suspect) not hiding a vacuum.

As kids we had the concept of a goal hanger, nowadays it might be described as a penalty box or 18 yard player. Piotr's vids, and indeed the good fellow himself says as much, he is a finisher...will be happy to score soft, or dustbin, or snap shot goals, but in the box will try to score with every touch.

Now that is well and good. However you have to take into account offsides, balls actually finding their way into the area frequently, and to cope with the hairy championship defenders who are trying to stop you. Being only a penalty box player is a tough gig these days and others try to add a few more strings to their bows.

It is quite thought provoking contemplating the kind of striker Piotr is with Simon Church. Church runs and runs, chases everything down, never gives up, is very team oriented...but sadly when it comes to even getting a fair share of dustbin goals he falls short.

Piotr is very goal orientated, is not the kind of player to compensate for lack of scoring by running and running. So what have we acquired? A player who will be prolific if it can be accepted that his overt work rate will be average, and if the ball is played into the area twenty times a game at a variety of heights and angles. We were not set up like that at the moment Piotr arrived.

When Piotr arrived the first team were not getting the ball up front particularly frequently beyond Yann being a focus, and certainly not much in wider areas, the development squad culture and players available were similar. Piotr was therefore pitched not only into an alien cultural environment at such a young age, but an alien footballing environment, and asked to play in a way that was alien to him and not playing to his strengths. The result a massive confidence loss.

I have said elsewhere he needs support to rebuild his game, but he may also need to add an extra aspect to his game in order to get regular Championship football. I can't think of many Championship goalscorers who are able to simply be a penalty area player. Ross McCormack is a typical example of a player who is involved everywhere, and somehow some more qualities need to be added to Piotr's game.

It may be Bobbin along and the new coaching regime can unwrap the goodies in Piotr, but I also think his acquisition at the time he came made absolutely no sense. I happen to think more or less the same about Reza. I have seen Anil Koc and would rather not comment, although what I have seen of Loic Nego is more encouraging.

Poitr ought not to be written off, but he certainly needs some restoration work before he is ready, and I say that however much our football next season will be radical, modern and continental.

• Options
    Reading on other threads PP is getting pelters from a lot of posters, although I suspect a lot of people have hopped onto the bandwagon.
    I only saw him for about 10 mins at the Valley during his one appearance (?). I have no idea if he is any good.
    So hands up all those that have formed an opinion based on those 10 mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How will you know if someone has their hand up?

Web cam
  • Options
    A few people have said he was pony for the U21's, but i think it may be a psychological thing. I really want to see him in the first team before i make a decision on the lad. He's still young.
  • Options

A few people have said he was pony for the U21's, but i think it may be a psychological thing. I really want to see him in the first team before i make a decision on the lad. He's still young.

Agree VG, I was confused because a lot of people have sad he was pony. But Ive seen some comments by posters about games I've watched and they have the polar opposite view to me.....

I guess its watch this space as far as PP is concerned.
  • Options

He's physchologically pony? I'd say more physical from the game I watched him. ;-)

Either way we've been ripped off for him, but we can judge him fully when he's playing at a harder level. But why should he be given the chance over those who are constantly out performing him at U21 level? For example Ansah jumps right ahead of him in the pecking order as he's been performing at U21 level consistently, and at Arsenal not Charlton!
  • Options
    Piotr will come good!

He's only been here 6 months give the kid a chance. Peeters was a striker so hopefully he can teach him a few things
  • Options

He's physchologically pony? I'd say more physical from the game I watched him. ;-)

Either way we've been ripped off for him, but we can judge him fully when he's playing at a harder level. But why should he be given the chance over those who are constantly out performing him at U21 level? For example Ansah jumps right ahead of him in the pecking order as he's been performing at U21 level consistently, and at Arsenal not Charlton!
    Which is my point about it might be in his head.

The kid doesnt know the language, the culture etc. He was playing in front of 10k in holland, where he was scoring goals. Suddenly he's playing in front of 10 people at Sparrows Lane. His confidence might be shot to bits, maybe his attitude should be better. There is obviously something wrong.

I agree that he needs to prove himself, but perhaps he might do that off the bench in first team football.

• Options
    pete will be in the side next season! and there will be some red faces from peeps saying hes shit! because he clearly isnt! give the lad a chance
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85xwZ_OLX0

What Piotr needs methinks.
  • Options

Piotr will come good!

Send him on loan to Sheff Utd.