Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Piotr Parzyszek - SIGNED UNTIL 2018 - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    Did a lovely job tiling my bathroom. Wish him well.
  • Options
    Probably a loan
  • Options
    It's all quite funny until you remember how much we paid for this fella...
  • Options
    Ssshhh. You're not allowed to mention ya..
  • Options
    He'll probably still end up on the 2015 calendar that was printed 4 months ago.
  • Options

Bloke from the club shop's just been round to reception. Wants to know what he's supposed to do with all the Zs he ordered at the end of January.

Perfect for all the people dozing in the West stand.

zzzzzzzzzzz.....
  • Options
    Well that was 700k well spent.

Thanks for everything Pete
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the club had been open to Charlton supporters that he was a development player for the future than that would have made things better. After Yann left it was left open to question that Piotr was a potential replacement for Yann, with a large fee quoted as a sign of the clubs ambition. It is clear now that he is a development player, possible one for the future which may or may not pay off. Signing of Piotr had nothing to do with Yann, apart from maybe some of the money received for Yann and Stephens paid for Piotr. That is why some of the comments on the thread are a little bit cynical. You have got to blame poor club communication for that.
  • Options
    The position is still not clear on status, if he is loaned or permanent, did Charlton receive the money back spent on him ? It is all a bit unsatisfactory and the lack of transparency doesn't really help although that obsfucation is part of the network model. You can argue that Charlton benefit with some of the Liege business.
  • Options
    All very odd - hope it works out for him (and for us) down the line.

Will the club put some exclusive training action on CAFC Player of him at the departure desk at the airport?
  • Options
    Let's get one thing straight. All those on here who have seen him play a number of times for the U21's all say the same. He is absolutely hopeless and a poor man's Michael Smith.

To be paraded as a replacement for Yann is like Nego being paraded as a ready made replacement for Lahm.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    So far it looks like all of the deals between network clubs have been loans and not transfers apart from Nego. So one would hope that if Piotr does develop then the value comes back to Charlton in playing time or transfer fee.

One good thing to come out of the six (?) deals in January and subsequent lack of game time is that they have clearly upped their game this summer.

So all the best to Piotr and here's hoping his replacement is a first team regular.

Looking like out of last January deals we are left with Reza and Nego. They aren't messing about and loan players like koc go back if not of the right calibre - I would like to see Ajdarevic back but I think Peeters ruled that out.
  • Options
    Can't believe we've let Panther Parzyszek go but kept Spongefoot....
  • Options

So far it looks like all of the deals between network clubs have been loans and not transfers apart from Nego. So one would hope that if Piotr does develop then the value comes back to Charlton in playing time or transfer fee.

One good thing to come out of the six (?) deals in January and subsequent lack of game time is that they have clearly upped their game this summer.

So all the best to Piotr and here's hoping his replacement is a first team regular.

Looking like out of last January deals we are left with Reza and Nego. They aren't messing about and loan players like koc go back if not of the right calibre - I would like to see Ajdarevic back but I think Peeters ruled that out.

Apart from Reza? I'll wait and see how we get on with the latest group from SL, but spinning Koc as evidence of not messing about is just silly. It's evidence that the person who decided he ought to come here was utterly clueless.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2014
    They aren't messing around with loan players apart from giving us some clearly unsuitable players in the first place. Or not communicating what they had in mind for the players, or telling those players that they would be playing in the first team. Or spending a big pile of money on players who appear to be not that good in the first place.
  • Options
    I think we all now agree that some poor judgements were made in January. It would seem that lessons were learnt since we do appear to have signed better players this summer. How much better and whether we'll now have a side which is comfortable in the Championship we don't yet know, however. Fingers crossed, but only time will tell.

Parzyszek appears to have been an ill-judged signing, especially if he cost the rumoured €800,000. However, even this we don't really know for sure just yet. Other clubs were after him too, after all.

I'd be amazed if his supposed move to Sint Truiden isn't a loan. Not sure how they could pay us even half what we shelled out just six months ago. If he's moved on a permanent deal then there must be something very odd about "network economics" (Duchatelet doesn't own Sint Truiden) or, alternatively, the original deal for Parzyszek really was a humongous cock up.

Perhaps it's no wonder Francois de Sart didn't get his contract renewed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The likely architect of the January moves has been not been renewed by Liege. So someone else is looking CAFC network deals but let us be clear in that network loans are only a fraction of the squad.
    What doesn't kill us makes us stronger! We stayed up and four out of six players are gone back leaving Reza and Nego. We've had poor loans and good ones in the past - the difference now is that we are in a network of clubs which in theory makes loans faster - in both directions.
    I totally agree more comms would help but I don't expect blow by blow explanations. I expect it will take this window and the January one for things to settle and trustees be built.
    No-one knows how this new side will play so "wait and see" is valid and probably sensible. Let's see how they play vs Peterborough and who else arrives between now and then.
  • Options
    There is always hope. There is always wait and see. There still needs to be a few more key players in.

I think that the gelling of this team will take a lot longer than Peterborough. It will likely take 10 to 15 games of the new season.
  • Options
    Parker mark 2.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    My assessment of the January six (J6) is:

Astrid. OK
    Loic. Could be OK
    Reza. Capable of being OK
    Thuram. Poor
    Piotr. Bewildered
    Koc. Very poor

My impressions of the new blokes so far (based on very scant evidence)

Bikey. Alright.
    Vetokele. Seems alright
    Yoni. He thinks he'll be alright.
    Moussa. Seems alright.
    Ben Haim. He thinks he'll be alright.
    George. Looks like he'll be alright in the air.
    Gudmondsson. Seems alright
    Ansah. Hope he'll be alright.
  • Options
    Is alright a step up from OK?
    @seth_plum
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Is alright a step up from OK?
    @seth_plum

Yeah, good question though tricky. OK is probably more applicable to those seen for a while, alright is regarding potential, so in that sense they're on a par.
    Alright...I hope you're OK with that ;-)
  • Options
    Didn't realise seth plum had morphed into a moody teenager. :-)