Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Piotr Parzyszek - SIGNED UNTIL 2018 - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Is it possible that Polish Pete wasn't really bought specifically for Charlton but in the hope that he'd fit in somewhere in the network but was given to us first as we really needed a striker at the time and had a decent set up for development age players
  • Options
    I think we need to give him a fair crack preseason. He may turn out to be what we are looking for. Ok then again maybe not but we should give him a chance before writing him off as a failure.
  • Options
    Isnt it a lot simpler to just say most people are disappointed because reports from youth team games are that he is way off the standard required?

That is an awful lot of words to say "lay off him, its not his fault he is useless"
  • Options

The point nla was making on the other thread is that Piotr was being unfairly tarnished by association with the owner. In my opinion he is.

It is true he was transferred for a transfer fee which has been quoted as a substantial sum. Certainly there are those who are closer to the club than I, probably everybody, who indicate they have knowledge of the fee. I have no reason to challenge their information. Whether that extends to the full terms and conditions of the agreement I do not know.

Airman and others are entirely correct an expectation was created by the club concerning his competing for a first team slot. The clubs comment on the transfer fee (as is common) deemed it undisclosed - begs the question who then feels so empowered to divulge the fee through "unofficial channels".

What role did PP play in setting the transfer fee? I suggest none

What role did PP play in writing and releasing the press release? I suggest none

Did PP create any expectation other than he was delighted to join the club? Not as far as I can see, even if he did he is 19/20 years old and will more than likely say what he thinks people will want to hear

We can by all means argue about efficacy of the clubs transfer policy and to this point in my opinion it is at best questionable. What does that have to do with the individual player? If I used to bring a player into a club and it did not work out, providing the player is putting in his shift and doing his best, it was my responsibility, because I put him in that position.

So what happens on this board we go and do it all over again.

If we are talking about a seasoned professional who is on 5, or 8, or 10k a week and you have watched him fritter your hard earned readies with another dire performance, I and probably the player will understand the frustration, and acknowledge the abuse as part and parcel of the "game".

The difference here is hardly any of us have seen him play yet because of the dissatisfaction with the policy he gets regularly abused - wrong answer - wrong target.

I agree that he's only young (though of course older than Poyet - and probably about the same age as Pigott I think?).

It's also true that he isn't responsible any hype contained in the club's press release. But he did contribute to those expectations himself - here are some quotes from the Standard in February:

"Parzyszek (pronounced Par-je-shek), a highly-rated Poland Under-21 international, was linked with West Ham and Aston Villa during last month’s transfer window after impressing a host of European clubs with his goalscoring. Sixteen goals in 20 games this season convinced Benfica to agree a fee with De Graafschap for his signature.

“That was almost a done deal,” said 6ft 3in Parzyszek, who is a confident individual. “Benfica called and wanted to talk about me moving there at the end of the season. But I told them I wanted to move in January because, if I scored 15 or 20 more goals, I could sign for one of the top clubs in Holland in the summer.

“Benfica then agreed to buy me in January and loan me back to De Graafschap and, after three weeks without hearing anything, I eventually flew out there to agree personal terms. But I only got a piece of paper that said how long my contract would be and how much I would earn. There was nothing about a house, a car or talk of flights for my family. So I told them: ‘If that is how much you want me, I will pass’.

“I have to have a good feeling about a place and people have to have faith in me. I did not feel that at all at Benfica so it was not a difficult decision.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/why-piotr-parzyszek-doesnt-expect-charlton-fans-to-sing-his-name-9127714.html

However, it's probably a good thing that he's apparently confident and keen - and I hope that being sidelined since January hasn't undermined any potential he may have.

• Options
    Piotr should be playing for Poland u21 on Wednesday. Give him a pre season and a loan to league 1 or 2 then we'll see a different player
  • Options
    Just for the record, the fee of €700k is all over the de Graafschap fans forum. It is an important amount of money for the club, and they are happy to discuss it in that context. That is why it is in the public domain, way beyond the CL bubble.
  • Options
    I have seen him and he was not right, not ready. PP needs to go in some kind of football/kung fu/ Buddist/Monastic retreat to re visit what made him a footballer in the first place greenhopper.
  • Options
    Maybe he's not happy with the car, the house and the flights for his family. Maybe a second hand Focus and a flat in Mottingham wasn't what he had in mind.
  • Options
    I said at the time he looked like a park player with a stadium and crowd super imposed in the background
    Rolys advisers are a bit green behind the ears watching their youtube crap and looking at the stats
    Joke way of signing players if what Alex Dyer is saying is true , still fits us as a club at this moment in time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    The signs ain't good mate @oohaahmortimer‌ and that's saying something from 'Mr positive' but I'm gonna give it until Xmas before I get suicidal. COYRs :-)
  • Options
    fingers crossed we're in a positon where we can spend €700k on youngsters who "may" develop into something decent .....
    Lets hope this pre season we have some decent signings for the start of this season not for 2015-16 !!
  • Options
    Agreed, it's gonna be a bumpy ride again but whenever was it smooth..........cue the Curbs reminiscing :-)
  • Options
    Agree entirely that a 700k player ought to sail into the first team, or be such an astonishingly obvious good prospect and that everybody can clearly see what is to come.
    I would love him to succeed, but from what I've seen his game needs breaking down and re-building and I am not convinced that can happen.
  • Options

I wonder if they were mugged into the signing due to the apparent interest of Benfica. KM basically said Wiggins was offered a new deal because Reading were sniffing around. Don't get me wrong - I'm happy Wiggins had his contract extended but I did think that rationale was a bit odd.

Quite simply, if we spend £700k on a player, he should sail into the first team!</

700,00 EUROS

• Options
    edited June 2014

Quite simply, if we spend £700k on a player, he should sail into the first team!

Pounds and Euros are not the same value, Mutts.

;o)
  • Options
    Lay off Piotr.
    He did a lovely job tiling my bathroom.
  • Options
    I wish people would chill out about this fella.

He's 19 and cost £500k. If Roland can afford it then that's fine by me. He's buying potential

He's proved he can score goals and is adjusting to a foreign culture as a young man. Anyone stating he'll never make it after watching him a couple of times should see the goals he's scored in Holland. He's in the plush u21 squad regularly now so clearly isn't a mug

Bergkamp took over a year to settle at Arsenal so let's just see what happens before we write this lad off. £500k is nothing if it turns out he can score 10-15 goals a season.
  • Options

Piotr should be playing for Poland u21 on Wednesday. Give him a pre season and a loan to league 1 or 2 then we'll see a different player

Why buy someone for 500k just to loan them out to league 1/2? We could do that with a load of academy players for free

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

Why buy someone for 500k just to loan them out to league 1/2? We could do that with a load of academy players for free

Let's see what he is like preseason. I can see the logic in loaning him to someone like Orient, but I would prefer it to be a short term arrangement so that we could potentially recall him.

We have seen this year that loaning out players to L1/2 has been effective . Morgan Fox went to Notts County and he got some valuable first team experience before we needed to pitch him into the first team. I do not think we would have been talking about Nick Pope as a potential number one if he had not played for York.

• Options
    Also just posted this on COG thread - thought just came to me that getting the best out of the asset/ enigma that is Piotr could be one of the key reasons why Bob got the job ahead of Riga? After all, don't see RD giving up lightly on 700k euro.
  • Options
    I don't have a euro key!
  • Options
    Powell did say Parzyszek was earmarked for next season
  • Options

I don't have a euro key!

Didn't have you down as a UKipper, Muttley :-)

• Options

I don't have a euro key!

'CTRL+ALT+4' usually.

• Options
    He'll come good…..

Or he could be the next Bebe.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqtCeKMsbhU
    Powell and DYER got the hump when piotr was bought because they didnt ask for him and so they ruined the boys confidence by telling him he was shit and playing him in the under 21s.
  • Options
    If he comes good there will be some red faces after comments on here and I hope people are happy to apologise and admit they was wrong
  • Options

If he comes good there will be some red faces after comments on here and I hope people are happy to apologise and admit they was wrong

Would people eating humble pie over PP be your highlight of next season Paulie?