Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Piotr Parzyszek - SIGNED UNTIL 2018 - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    That's a hell of a good strike from Peter Parsley.

Reminds me of the Stevo goal at home to Donny this season.
  • Options
    Happy :-) (at last)
  • Options
    Quality prospect
  • Options
    Spitting image of Michael Smith.
  • Options
    welcome Piotr .. and all the best of luck
  • Options
    If anything he has his head screwed on. Great attitude and he knows where the goal is. I look forward to seeing him in action.
  • Options

So he's young, has roughly a 1 in 2 record in the Dutch 2nd division, which is roughly the equivalent of our L1 / L2 according to Lewis Coaches who lives in Holland.

Will wait to I've seen him play a few times before making a judgement

Didn't we just offload one of those - without giving him a chance.

• Options
    edited January 2014

So he's young, has roughly a 1 in 2 record in the Dutch 2nd division, which is roughly the equivalent of our L1 / L2 according to Lewis Coaches who lives in Holland.

Will wait to I've seen him play a few times before making a judgement

16 in 20 this season AFKA which would indicate an improvement on last year.

As with most new signings he will need a bit of time to settle in and needs to be given a fair crack of the whip by the supporters but if the comments about wanting to come here and play rather than warm a bench at a richer club are true he's already off to a good start in my book. Great attitude Piotr.
  • Options
    TBF to polish peter those saying he is like smith

I didn't see benfica coming in for smudger
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weren't Barca looking at Moutaouakil? Doesn't mean much.

Obviously we rate him much higher considering the fee that has been talked about and the length of contract we've given him.
  • Options

T'is a very good point NLA...

Really, really do need to give these guys a chance. It's not their fault that they have come in during this transitional, unusual period and are replacing our better players and fan's favourites. It's not fair on them to make a snap judgement on them because they aren't Yann.

• Options
    dizzee said:

i think if i had a choice between this guy and yann right now, id prob pick this guy

Strange, but me too.
    Not a chance for me
  • Options

And Bayern Munich signed Dale Jennings.

Let's what and see. I hope he's as good as people think he is but I'm not going to get excited just because he is foreign

• Options

And Barca were supposed to have been interested in Moo2.

If Benfica genuinely wanted him he'd have been at Benfica by now. More likely they took a look and said no thanks, a club like that will have scouts all over the place. Doesn't mean he's not good enough for us but just cos he was linked with them doesn't mean he's good enough for Benfica.
  • Options
    saw a report on one of the Polish football sites that indicated Benfica do not have a pot to piss in and could not afford him, or his wage demands.
  • Options
    Apart from Porto no one has money in Portugal.

I know some have massive downers on the new owners and players, but give the kid a chance will ya
  • Options
    He's getting a chance from me, I'll judge him on what he does for Charlton like I do with all players. Lets not heap too much expectation on the kid either though and don't read too much into which clubs have been linked with him.

He may well come good eventually, but I think the odds are stacked against him being an instant and unmitigated success. Will be delighted if I'm wrong. At least he sounds keen as mustard to have joined us, that is a good start.
  • Options
    Or maybe as Piotr said in the Interview: He doesnt want to go to a club and sit on the bench, he wants to play and continue his development and thinks at Charlton he can do that (Especially as the English Championship is a step up from the Dutch Jupiter League)...

I know Footballers earn a lot of money and a lot of fans think thats what drives every single one of them but I disagree and think that the money doesnt enter some players thoughts and all some care about is the playing and believe that this Piotr is one of those players so as Charlton fans lets get behind the lad each and every time he plays!!
  • Options
    Important that the crowd doesn't get on his back from his first touch whenever that is. Excited by the signings (though wish Yann hadn't gone still) and think this could go very well or very badly for us but if we get on Piotr and Reza's backs early as supporters that certainly won't help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    but 16 goal in 20 games this season is very good with the odd misses maybe ;)
  • Options
    His the new Yann
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Bloody Poles coming over here & taking all the Frenchie's jobs....

In my early 20s I was a scaffolder... then the poles took 'the poles' from me and done my job
    In my late 20's I became a locksmith and they took my job away
    in my early 30's i decided to be a pro footballer for charlton and they have came over here and nicked that as well. BRITAIN OUT OF EUROPE NOW!!!!

• Options
    Posted on the Chris O'Grady thread but more appropriate here :

Apart from the very brief glimpse v Birmingham I have not seen Piotr play.

The real issue for me is that I don't think anyone can say that they don't find the whole saga surprising. I'm not sure the exact fee that Charlton paid for PP but whatever it was it was the most money we have paid for a player for a long time.

Now unless we were buying huge potential on the scale of the next Christiano Ronaldo or similar it implies to me that we were expecting a player that was good enough to go straight into the first team squad at least and also expecting a player capable of getting better still with a view to selling for a decent profit at some point.

That now looks to be complete nonsense and there are even question marks over whether Piotr will ever cut the mustard at Charltons level. Perhaps he has had problems settling in but he seems a confident young man and has already left Poland to ply his trade in Holland with some success.

Something just doesn't add up and I can't put my finger on what it is. I hope that whoever scouted him is not so poor as to misjudge a players ability to the extent it seems to be or is there something else that I'm not seeing.

Nothing since Roland's takeover is more baffling than this situation in my opinion ang we don't seem any closer to finding out what appears to have gone wrong.

• Options
    I think in regards to Polish Pete, we are going to have to wait until the start of next season to see what bringing him in was all about.
  • Options
    I think in regards to Polish Pete, we are going to have to wait until the start of next season to see what bringing him in was all about.
  • Options

The real issue for me is that I don't think anyone can say that they don't find the whole saga surprising. I'm not sure the exact fee that Charlton paid for PP but whatever it was it was the most money we have paid for a player for a long time.

Now unless we were buying huge potential on the scale of the next Christiano Ronaldo or similar it implies to me that we were expecting a player that was good enough to go straight into the first team squad at least and also expecting a player capable of getting better still with a view to selling for a decent profit at some point.

That now looks to be complete nonsense and there are even question marks over whether Piotr will ever cut the mustard at Charltons level. Perhaps he has had problems settling in but he seems a confident young man and has already left Poland to ply his trade in Holland with some success.

Something just doesn't add up and I can't put my finger on what it is. I hope that whoever scouted him is not so poor as to misjudge a players ability to the extent it seems to be or is there something else that I'm not seeing.

Nothing since Roland's takeover is more baffling than this situation in my opinion ang we don't seem any closer to finding out what appears to have gone wrong.

I don't think it's just that it "implies....that we were expecting a player that was good enough to go straight into the first team" - that is what was said explicitly on the OS when we signed him:

"Charlton have completed the signing of Piotr Parzyszek from De Graafschap for an undisclosed fee, the club announced on Friday afternoon.

The highly-rated striker has signed a deal with the Addicks until 2018 and is available for selection for the game at Wigan Athletic on Saturday (3pm), subject to international clearance being received in time".

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140131-piotr-parzyszek-completes-charlton-move-1331200.aspx

• Options
    micks1950 said:

I don't think it's just that it "implies....that we were expecting a player that was good enough to go straight into the first team" - that is what was said explicitly on the OS when we signed him:

"Charlton have completed the signing of Piotr Parzyszek from De Graafschap for an undisclosed fee, the club announced on Friday afternoon.

The highly-rated striker has signed a deal with the Addicks until 2018 and is available for selection for the game at Wigan Athletic on Saturday (3pm), subject to international clearance being received in time".

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140131-piotr-parzyszek-completes-charlton-move-1331200.aspx

Well exactly ;0)