Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Standard Liege (page 12, rumours of new bid)

Comments

• Options
    defke said:

yoni - bulot went to charlton because there were troubles about playing - tucu never play in the team because luzon had 2 others - the same with astrit- luzon isn't a coach no vision and he has his favorite players -

Bulot is rubbish too. If Luzon joining means these two go, it's a good start for him!
  • Options

defke said:

yoni - bulot went to charlton because there were troubles about playing - tucu never play in the team because luzon had 2 others - the same with astrit- luzon isn't a coach no vision and he has his favorite players -

Bulot is rubbish too. If Luzon joining means these two go, it's a good start for him!
    he make troubles with players and if there is a good player in the team and he hate him you will see the next transfer and he is gone - that's what i wanne to tell you
  • Options
    if you think i wan't to make troubles here - not true but just how it is and give it 2 months and you gonne say he's right
  • Options
    edited January 2015

defke said:

look at the twitter and they say enough - we also have to do with you -
    with such a manager - this is not footbal anymore but just money at the first place
    so if you say defke leave this forum - kick me out or ask and i leave it but i've warned you about RD and luzon now

Keep posting defke, it is interesting to hear from someone who has actually seen Roland, Luzon etc in action first hand.
    when you gonna see luzon on the field Always laughing - he was the clown of the JPL here
  • Options
    Defke, keep posting-its interesting to hear your comments.
  • Options
    i wan't just say who he is in real - you don't believe me ok
  • Options
    I think most of us believe you! Thanks and keep up the good work :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @defke - would you say Liege fan's opinion of Luzon is universally negative? Does/did he have any supporters among the fans?

I don't doubt what you are telling us, but it's just one opinion and you only need to ask us Charlton fans what we think of Chris Powell, for example, to see how wildly opinions can differ amongst a clubs supporters. I think that's why you are meeting with some scepticism, don't take it personally.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Defke, he won't have no favourites here mate, they are all shit

Made me laugh out loud on a very depressing day that.
  • Options

@defke - would you say Liege fan's opinion of Luzon is universally negative? Does/did he have any supporters among the fans?

I don't doubt what you are telling us, but it's just one opinion and you only need to ask us Charlton fans what we think of Chris Powell, for example, to see how wildly opinions can differ amongst a clubs supporters. I think that's why you are meeting with some scepticism, don't take it personally.

Well here is someone who agrees with @defke‌
  • Options
    edited January 2015

nothing personally - but ask25.000 standard fans about luzon and 24.990 say the same :)
    answer on the first one 10 fans :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @defke what was the relationship with Ben Haim ? I understand that it was the Israeli connection with Luzon which attracted him to Standard , but he wasn't a regular. Did they fall out?

I understand TBH's family were always London based . Is that why Charlton managed to sign him?

Also are there any other possible departures from Standard who Luzon liked but Vukovamanovic has not . Ronnie Stam perhaps?
  • Options
    defke said:

nothing personally - but ask25.000 standard fans about luzon and 24.990 say the same :)
    Sounds fairly universal to me. Very much a Pardew/Dowie type hate figure. Oh dear.

Well, at least this show is entertaining, albeit not in the way we'd all like it to be. Never a dull moment though, at least not now Bob has gone.

• Options
    Richard J said:

@defke what was the relationship with Ben Haim ? I understand that it was the Israeli connection with Luzon which attracted him to Standard , but he wasn't a regular. Did they fall out?

I understand TBH's family were always London based . Is that why Charlton managed to sign him?

Also are there any other possible departures from Standard who Luzon liked but Vukovamanovic has not . Ronnie Stam perhaps?

1-Ben Haim for me good defender , difficult because there are many better players - also on the bench
    2- i think more the money that he can earn with the club - more tv rights more money and for him it was sheep to buy the club.
    3- stam wants to leave and the most players were yoni bulot astrit
    luzon is a coach that always changed his team when we are playing in the EL another team than in the JPL and for the cup another team

• Options
    defke said:

Defke, you obviously don't like the guy. Had a look at your domestic record, haven't exactly been tearing up the Pro league.
    It appears he is your most successful manager since 2010/11. Why the hate?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    we had a very good team and that team we always had to be champion. previous coach Rednic had formed this team. he made a real team, but RD decided he could go and brought Luzon. So much did he have to do because the team was already there. if there were injuries and he had to see who or what he started to panic. during the mercato he got other players but did not know how he would bring. then the story yoni Bulot etc.
    were players who did not do bad, he did not want them. Also, the team went to play differently. they players were the boss does not he. Luzon had no authority, and we saw our team recede

he changed the team constantly - we did not have a team but a group of players who could not play football together
    then he started talking about the media and the ref, that they were wrong.
    worst was in the EL, players play from the u21 and our ridiculed european. we were always more than 1000 fans and then see how our team was so humiliated by him alone.

sorry for the spelling
  • Options
    As an aside Defke, what is Standard's opinion of Club Brugge? What are their fans like? I'm in Brugge for Valentine's weekend and have emotionally blackmailed my girlfriend into attending Brugge v Lokeren.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    RedPanda said:

As an aside Defke, what is Standard's opinion of Club Brugge? What are their fans like? I'm in Brugge for Valentine's weekend and have emotionally blackmailed my girlfriend into attending Brugge v Lokeren.

you know how that goes, top teams, but the rivalry between bruges is less than the mauves. Now that they are in the lead, the atmosphere is rather good. and football that they bring is sometimes nice to see. it is difficult to speak about another club but for me they should champion
  • Options
    defke said:

Richard J said:

1-Ben Haim for me good defender , difficult because there are many better players - also on the bench
    2- i think more the money that he can earn with the club - more tv rights more money and for him it was sheep to buy the club.
    luzon is a coach that always changed his team when we are playing in the EL another team than in the JPL and for the cup another team

Premier League managers do this all the time, especially those in the Europa League. Look at Spurs and Everton's team selection.

Luzon doesn't have the squad to do that here, so not sure it will be a problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

defke said:

Richard J said:

Premier League managers do this all the time, especially those in the Europa League. Look at Spurs and Everton's team selection.

ok, you can do that if you're skilled as a trainer and the players have to handle that and read the other one that i wrote
  • Options
    Bubble said:

defke said:

we had a very good team and that team we always had to be champion. previous coach Rednic had formed this team. he made a real team, but RD decided he could go and brought Luzon. So much did he have to do because the team was already there. if there were injuries and he had to see who or what he started to panic. during the mercato he got other players but did not know how he would bring. then the story yoni Bulot etc.
    were players who did not do bad, he did not want them. Also, the team went to play differently. they players were the boss does not he. Luzon had no authority, and we saw our team recede

he changed the team constantly - we did not have a team but a group of players who could not play football together
    then he started talking about the media and the ref, that they were wrong.
    worst was in the EL, players play from the u21 and our ridiculed european. we were always more than 1000 fans and then see how our team was so humiliated by him alone.

sorry for the spelling

Just out of interest ..... how close are you to exhausting all your reserves of average generally disinterested players to send to us? I am keen to get an understanding of the remainder of our January transfer business. Thanks
    do not think there are players to come - maybe stam because he wants to leave
  • Options

defke said:

Richard J said:

Problem with that at Liege was that he was using the "second hand" squad in Europa League. Which means that the "main squad" was not that happy. Lot of players do like to play European Cup because it's a way for them to show what they are worth of. Usually you put your best team in Europe and make some reservation for the matches before and after. Here Luzon was just putting the worst team possible. It should not happen at Charlton (unless he considers that the FA cup is not important and therefore should be neglected).

Honestly, I pity Charlton fans for getting him :'(
  • Options
    mukumi said:

defke said:

Richard J said:

Problem with that at Liege was that he was using the "second hand" squad in Europa League. Which means that the "main squad" was not that happy. Lot of players do like to play European Cup because it's a way for them to show what they are worth of. Usually you put your best team in Europe and make some reservation for the matches before and after. Here Luzon was just putting the worst team possible. It should not happen at Charlton (unless he considers that the FA cup is not important and therefore should be neglected).

That may be the way Belgian teams do it, but Premier League teams don't. Spurs and Everton regularly rest strong players in the EL, especially if they have a hard game the following weekend.

Do you think that his main priority was the league, as it was your way back into the Champions League rather than doing well in the Europa League???

• Options

mukumi said:

defke said:

Richard J said:

That may be the way Belgian teams do it, but Premier League teams don't. Spurs and Everton regularly rest strong players in the EL, especially if they have a hard game the following weekend.

Do you think that his main priority was the league, as it was your way back into the Champions League rather than doing well in the Europa League???

Spurs and Everton's second string are good enough to beat teams in the Europa League. Standard's aren't and even the first team would struggle.
  • Options
    @ValleyGary That would be one thing if he won the league with that strategy, but remember they failed to win from pole position going into the playoffs. It didn't work.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

As you might know in Belgium the budget isn't the same as in England plus the way our league is handled is weird with those playoffs. Which means that during first part of the season the points count for half before the playoff and it's not a too big lost if you lose them. So to keep players fresh you have to make some choices.
    Here the choice that GL made was to bring frustration to the main squad. And his excuse was "we won't win the Europa League so no need to use our best players"...