Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Winter Olympics thread.

Anyone been watching these snowboarders? Well done to our lad, Nicholls for hanging in there for so long but just not quite good enough...and dropping the F-bomb in an interview before 10:00...oops.

Comments

• Options
    We had two in the final didn't we

How did they do
  • Options
    only been watching 20 minutes of it and the judging has already pissed me off. that Norway bloke should of won it. he nailed everything.

then again it is the first time ive ever seen the sport
  • Options

How did they do

one of them finished sixth.
  • Options

How did they do

6th and 10th in the end.

Some of the height they reach I reckon they must have cojones as big as yours fella.
  • Options
    That looks like a mad laugh
  • Options
    I tell you what, there's nowhere to hide in those speedskating outfits...
  • Options
    Nice to see google putting up a rainbow with links to Russian anti-gay laws.
    FFS It's the 21st c.
  • Options
    Bronze on the snow coming up from Jenny jones, just one more rider to go...
  • Options
    Well done Jenny!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    awesome
  • Options
    Alan Partridge commentary at this best. Austrian girl lands on her arse and they are cheering and whooping, so the british girl gets a bronze medal. The most beyond biased sports commentary for a long while. Fantastic tv gold.
  • Options
    How hot are those snowboarding girls?

Considering we have no mountains as such, we're pretty good at this.
  • Options
    We got a medal!!!!!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Alan Partridge commentary at this best. Austrian girl lands on her arse and they are cheering and whooping, so the british girl gets a bronze medal. The most beyond biased sports commentary for a long while. Fantastic tv gold.

British snowboard history being made, I thought they were quite reserved :)
  • Options
    Well done Jenny. Now for mens slopestyle skiing on Thurs which will be sick. Woodsy got a really good chance of a podium for us.
  • Options

Well done to the gay community for protesting.
    Pre war Iraq and Afghanistan were very anti gay, it's a shame the gay lobby kept there pro war support so quiet.

So weird.

• Options
    Off_it said:

We've got a medal? Nice one!

Must've been all the snow last year.

Next year we're bound to win a few surfing titles.

We've kinda got one. Guy from Devon called Andrew Cotton surfed what could be the biggest wave ever.

• Options

Off_it said:

We've got a medal? Nice one!

Must've been all the snow last year.

Next year we're bound to win a few surfing titles.

We've kinda got one. Guy from Devon called Andrew Cotton surfed what could be the biggest wave ever.

Just Googled that. Mental.

He picks the wave up off the coast of Portugal and ended up in Portsmouth!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well done to the gay community for protesting.
    Pre war Iraq and Afghanistan were very anti gay, it's a shame the gay lobby kept there pro war support so quiet.

I was going to post something a bit sarky here - but instead of that, I'll just point at you and laugh.

Consider yourself pointed at, and laughed at.
  • Options
    Decided I want to take up snowboarding, can't think why? ;-) Plenty of opportunity in Norfolk as well!
  • Options
    the place is teaming with sorts with gleaming white teeth.
  • Options
    These ski jumpers are incredible.

Oh dear there's one called Wank...
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shirty5 said:

British snowboard history being made, I thought they were quite reserved :)
    Just loved the interview with Matthew Pinsent when Jonesy first saw her mum & dad. Best piece of 'reality' TV I've seen ever! Just loved it when our bronze medal winner asked 4 x gold medal winner, Sir Matt whether he was laughing at her mum - she then confided with him and the watching millions 'my mum is so Northern!'

It brought more than a tear to my eye and just imagine how proud mum & dad must feel today :-)))))) We are still a great nation for the right reasons.
  • Options

These ski jumpers are incredible.

Oh dear there's one called Wank...

He was very close
  • Options
    Nothing will top the Aussie guy who won the gold in speed skating
  • Options
    Love the Winter Olympics - know a few people there competing. The town I live in was a WInter Olympic Venue in 1988 & the whole place embraces the games....going to be a fun couple of weeks.
  • Options
    That snowboarding is a brilliant event. The blokes event yesterday was epic viewing.

Would also pay good money to have a go on the luge.