Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Winter Olympics thread.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    You're all mad :-)

Sitting outside when it's -5C.
  • Options

They have no choice once they sit down their bums get frozen to the seat for the day

• Options

look at everyone sensibly dressed though & not a drop of alcohol in site - such a Canadian scene

I wasn't there, you would have to pay me to watch womens hockey...

• Options
    Hope you will be cheering on our Curlers Oakster.
  • Options

Hope you will be cheering on our Curlers Oakster.

Oh yes! Team GB all the way!

They had a curling demonstration on the local pond here last week - looked like a piece of piss. I picked up the stone & went to bowl it down the ice - the wife was sweeping naturally - as I let go I went absolutely flying, think i did an inverted 360 or some such maneouver & landed face down on the ice. Much to the amusement of my kids & the throngs awaiting their turn - thus ended my curling career.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

look at everyone sensibly dressed though & not a drop of alcohol in site - such a Canadian scene

I wasn't there, you would have to pay me to watch womens hockey...

This. Women's hockey is even more dire than women's football.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ahh, it was still a pretty exciting finish to the match today and they beat the Yanks which is always pleasing. I really want to have a go at curling but I fear if I do I will have a very Oaksterish experience, it looks easy but I reckon it demonstrably isn't.

Was walking the dog when it was minus 22 the other day - came back with a frozen beard. It's actually quite nice as long as the sun is shining and it's not windy - and you put a thick coat on of course. Give me minus 25 over + 45 any day of the week though.
  • Options
    This ski cross is top viewing. Cracking racing.
  • Options
    What the actual fuck? That short track skating judging is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Almost as laughable as the Russian figure skater making a ricket last night against a flawless routine by the Korean yet still magically being given the gold.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Just knew that would happen...poor girl
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on Canada, beat the US of A.
  • Options
    The lack of an appeal is ridiculous. In something where the judging seems to be even more arbitrary than in the figure skating. The only thing I can think is that it was for something that happened earlier on in the race?
  • Options
    Totally agree, madness.
  • Options
    Shufflers.
  • Options
    Just baffling
  • Options
    Stock your b final
  • Options
    Stick
  • Options
    Goal Canada 1-0
  • Options

Just knew that would happen...poor girl

Yeah sad, I think she has been really badly treated.
  • Options
    Bloody missed it. Anyone have footage?

Seeing her interview yesterday she was properly on the edge already, clearly affected by the trolls. Hope she comes out of the whole thing in a positive mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    GET IN CANADA
  • Options
    Seeing it again, how the hell can she be penalised for that?????
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Bloody missed it. Anyone have footage?

Seeing her interview yesterday she was properly on the edge already, clearly affected by the trolls. Hope she comes out of the whole thing in a positive mind.

Stick BBC on. I think they've repeated it somewhere around 147 times or thereabouts
  • Options
    Get in there. Canada win.
  • Options
    Sweden playing as well as can be considered against a backdrop of injuries. Canada winning through despite not playing well. This tournament has been pretty disappointing - hope the gold medal game is a bit more exciting.
  • Options
    Not counting any chickens but we have a great shout in the 4 man bobsleigh. Set the fastest start time in all 6 practice runs so far and have finished with a 1st, 2nd and two 3rds. And the driver's called John Jackson! It's in the stars I tell ya...