Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Winter Olympics thread.

Comments

• Options
    She is a product of the girls for gold scheme.
    Superb.
    Check it out.
  • Options

Well done, Lizzie! Even better if she comes from Addick stock.

The American who came fourth is a bit of a bad loser!

She wasn't a bad loser but she was upset that she didn't make the podium. 300 hundredths of a second I think it was. I would have been pissed off as well.
  • Options
    That decision to disqualify Elise Christie was ridiculous. I know rules is rules and all that but she actually had to skate slightly further to finish "inside" the line...

Put a fecking marker down if it's that important. Poor girl must be in pieces.
  • Options
    USA v Russia in the Ice Hockey.

Good game at the moment, 2-2 in the 3rd.
  • Options
    Finished 2-2, going down to penalty shots.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    That shoot out was great!
  • Options
    The whole game was great
  • Options

Well done to the gay community for protesting.
    Pre war Iraq and Afghanistan were very anti gay, it's a shame the gay lobby kept there pro war support so quiet.

I was going to post something a bit sarky here - but instead of that, I'll just point at you and laugh.

Consider yourself pointed at, and laughed at.
    At least 11 years of education and that the best you could come up with?
    You can hear Rab Butler spinning in his grave.

I could quite easily come up with something better. However, every time you post, you just look more like an imbecile, so it's simpler just waiting for you to do it yourself.
  • Options

USA v Russia in the Ice Hockey.

Good game at the moment, 2-2 in the 3rd.

I only got to see up until Russia went one up. Never really seen any Ice Hockey before. Great fast-paced, skillful game and proper 'tackling'. Will defo try to watch as much of it as I can.

• Options
    The Scottish lassies lost to the Swiss.
    Love the ski jumping. Looks like the Pole may do the double.
    Disappointing to see no Brit entrants. Eddie the eagles legacy is gone, gone, gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slovaks playing out of their skins against the Russkies. Radulov fucks up twice with game on the line yesterday. Coach tells the media he needs to be benched. Instead, plays on top line with Malkin, and #1 pp unit. Radulov plays in Russia's rival league to NHL. #latenightcallfromputin...
  • Options
    Absolutely loving the games. The women's snowboard cross this morning was great, that course looked frightening, great viewing! Even really enjoyed watching the cross country skiing today as well. Those chaps don't leave much out there do they, looked close to complete exhaustion at the end of the race.
  • Options
    The snowboard cross was fantastic!
    Shame our girl got pipped on the line.
    How did she get on in the little final as the kids nicked the control after that?
  • Options

The snowboard cross was fantastic!
    Shame our girl got pipped on the line.
    How did she get on in the little final as the kids nicked the control after that?

I think she came third in the small final Creepy (9th overall). I think they said it's the men's event tomorrow, defo watching that.
  • Options
    The most amazing things about these games are Anna Sloan's eyes. Loving the close ups every time she plays a shot
  • Options
    Obviously you guys have been watching the wrong games!!

North Korea Announces Kim Jong-un Takes Gold In Pairs Figure Skating and Two Man Bobsled!

The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s (North Korea) Ministry of Information announced today that although the country had sent an Olympic delegation to the Sochi games, and did not send a team, it’s people should not be concerned because it’s fearless, eternal leader, Kim Jong-un had agreed to participate himself in a variety of events. The North Korean news service went on to announce that Un had been victorious in every event in which he had entered, despite never having trained, the North Korean President had single handedly won the pairs figure skating competition as well as the two man bob sled, setting world records ‘never to be broken’, in both events.

The Information Service went on to announce that the ‘glorious and exalted’ leader, Kim Jong-un had taken the Gold in Ski Jumping, ‘flying higher and farther than scientists had previously believed humanly possible,’ just after announcing that the North Korean President had won the Giant Downhill Slalom, beating athletes from every other country, including ‘Imperialist Dogs’, The United States and Japan, as well as capping off his visit by shutting out the Soviet National Hockey Team in a game yet to be played; concluding the announcement by saying that, “All victories accomplished with ‘record scores and times’ never to be broken in the history of mankind.

It was also reported by North Korean independent sources, that Kim Jong-un so loves his people that he will refuse the medals and honors and all Western style decadent celebrations in his ‘glorification’ and will immediately return to his country to share the glory and greatness of his unprecedented performances with the people while allowing the sun to rise and set in his honor.

In a follow up, officials from the Russian Federation Olympic Federation denied that Kim Jong Un was even in attendance at the games, much less participating.“He would have had to qualify just as all athletes are required to do, and we have no one by that name registered as a participant.” a spokesman told the National Report – a charge Kim Jong-un’s spokesman angrily denied as propaganda and the product of international jealousy over the prowess and supremacy of The Great Leader over ‘mortals’.
  • Options
    rina said:

The most amazing things about these games are Anna Sloan's eyes. Loving the close ups every time she plays a shot

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Her and Eve Muirhead. Phwoar.
  • Options
    Well done our lads in the curling this morning. To take on that last shot took some NLA sized cojones and now both our teams are through to the semi's so in with a great shout of more medals.

• Options
    rina said:

• Options

rina said:

Mmmmmmmm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair I wouldn't kick the ginger one out the bed for farting either
  • Options
    She's a ginger. What's she doing in your bed to begin with?
  • Options
    red_murph said:

What an amazing, ballsy and wonderfully eloquent young lady. Bloody briliant that, bloody brilliant.

Well done Lizzie!

And what a sensational @rse
    She can lay on my skeleton as often as she likes

Anna Sloan in the GB curling team has the prettiest face! Those eyes!!

• Options

red_murph said:

What an amazing, ballsy and wonderfully eloquent young lady. Bloody briliant that, bloody brilliant.

Well done Lizzie!

And what a sensational @rse
    She can lay on my skeleton as often as she likes

Anna Sloan in the GB curling team has the prettiest face! Those eyes!!

And her dad and family are Addicks and might well be on CL for all we know.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

Absolutely loving the games. The women's snowboard cross this morning was great, that course looked frightening, great viewing! Even really enjoyed watching the cross country skiing today as well. Those chaps don't leave much out there do they, looked close to complete exhaustion at the end of the race.

I love the Cross Country skiing too - mainly because I do it myself most days, its a brutal sport I doubt there are any fitter athletes than these guys and girls. Hoping for a Canadian medal in the sprints tomorrow morning....
  • Options
    Oakster said:

red_murph said:

I love the Cross Country skiing too - mainly because I do it myself most days, its a brutal sport I doubt there are any fitter athletes than these guys and girls. Hoping for a Canadian medal in the sprints tomorrow morning....
    I watched the Nordic combined thing this morning Oakster. Ski Jumping and cross country (as I'm sure you know, but I'm a novice to Winter Olympics viewing). A bizarre thing but enthralling. I wish the cameras had shown how steep those uphill bits were a bit more, you could see it from the occasional angle but it did indeed look a wee bit brutal.
  • Options
    Eve Muirhead is lurrrrrrvly