Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Pooound for the Jocks

edited February 2014 in Not Sports Related
A report by HM Treasuary realesd tomorrow will reveal that Scotland will NOT be allowed to retain the Pound if they vote for independence. This will be the case regardless of which party wins the 2015 General Election as the Conservatives, Labour and Lib Dems have agreed to it.
Unlucky Alex.
He wants to keep the pound, he wants to keep the Queen and he wants to keep the BBC. How is that independence? Deluded fool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-26163637

Comments

• Options
    Think he talks a lot of bollocks - who wouldnt want to get rid of the Queen and the BBC ??
  • Options
    Why do they want to keep the Royal Family? Surely that is one of the main points of independence?
  • Options

Why do they want to keep the Royal Family? Surely that is one of the main points of independence?

Well I guess they'd need a Head of State. What's the choice?

Annie Lennox
    Billy Connolly
    Sean Connery
    Jimmy Krankie
    Andy Murray
    Andy Gray
    Andy Goram
    Andy Stewart????

• Options
    Riviera said:

Annie Lennox
    Billy Connolly
    Sean Connery
    Jimmy Krankie
    Andy Murray
    Andy Gray
    Andy Goram
    Andy Stewart????
    Andy Pandy

• Options
    Very much doubt this'll be a reality, just a scare tactic to force Scottish voters to stay in the union.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Riviera said:

Annie Lennox
    Billy Connolly
    Sean Connery
    Jimmy Krankie
    Andy Murray
    Andy Gray
    Andy Goram
    Andy Stewart????

Sadly it looks like Connery and Connolly would be too unwell to take the role, so Jimmy "The Swinger" Krankie gets the nod.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Explain that ? if they vote to leave the UK why should they keep the currency of the UK ?

the new currency will be called The Scottish Bollock because it will be a huge one dropped if they leave.
  • Options

Very much doubt this'll be a reality, just a scare tactic to force Scottish voters to stay in the union.

Are you Scottish? Or just deluded? The governer of the Bank of England said as much last week.
  • Options

In theory it's their royal family as it was the Scottish King who became king of Scotland, England and Wales.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/0/23334469
    Surely they should take their Royal Family back if they vote for independence.
  • Options

In theory it's their royal family as it was the Scottish King who became king of Scotland, England and Wales.
    Interesting, so we may yet see the English and the Scots fighting for ownership of a German Royal Family!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You forgot Rab C Nesbitt - surely he's the favourite ?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Are you Scottish? Or just deluded? The governer of the Bank of England said as much last week.
    Neither, just don't think we'd be dumb enough to hinder a major trading partner. Obviously i'm wrong.
  • Options

You forgot Rab C Nesbitt - surely he's the favourite ?

He did cross my mind, that would be superb.
  • Options
    At least it'll mean I'll stop getting lumbered with dodgy jock bank notes every time I go up north and the blank expressions I get when I try to pass them on....................
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Yes please - can i vote on their behalf?
  • Options

Riviera said:

Neither, just don't think we'd be dumb enough to hinder a major trading partner. Obviously i'm wrong.
    Yes, you are.
  • Options
    Totally agree with the decision made today, but unfortunately the jocks wont vote yes - its like turkeys voting for xmas.

However much the jocks don't like us, they know which side their bread is buttered. Without us they would be fooked.

But I really wish they do.............
  • Options
    Rab C. Nesbit for President!

• Options
    Of course they won't vote YES. Everyone knows that. That's why Salmond never mentions the opinion polls.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Of course they won't vote YES. Everyone knows that. That's why Salmond never mentions the opinion polls.

The gap between the yes and no votes has been closing according to opinion
    polls. If the momentum for the yes vote continues the Scots will leave the union.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hammer blow to salmond's one and only policy. A Scottish currency won't be very strong and would negate any advantage they might get economically from leaving.

Not a scare tactic, why let another government use the pound when they can brutally fuck it up? Rest of the uk (England) will pick up the bill again.
  • Options
    If they get independence then they should pay us back for the mistakes RBS made during the credit crunch.
  • Options
    Long live King Harry!
  • Options
    Scotland`s independence would last around 5 minutes. Then they would join the EU and the conditions for new nations joining the EU now are that they have to adopt the euro. Independence my arse!
  • Options

Riviera said:

The gap between the yes and no votes has been closing according to opinion
    polls. If the momentum for the yes vote continues the Scots will leave the union.
    Opinion polls mean nothing. Bit like the eighties when voting Tory was like wanking. Everyone did it but just wouldn't admit they were going to do it. Just ask Neil Kinnock - "we're all right"
  • Options
    Seriously though if they vote for independence and have to leave the pound will that be good or bad for the rest of the UK, if they carry out the threat not to shoulder their share of pre independence debt how will that effect the rest of the UK?
    Will their independence threaten jobs in the rest of the UK?
    Will the pound be weaker or stronger as a result?
    I don't know but feel that potentially this could be the biggest shock to the UK economy for generations and needs deeper thought than some on here seem to give.
  • Options
    A large chunk of the debt is RBS, one of the biggest employers north of the border, they would have no choice but to shoulder some of the debt, otherwise we could just shut it down.
  • Options
    Isn't Forest Whitaker the king of scotland?
  • Options

A large chunk of the debt is RBS, one of the biggest employers north of the border, they would have no choice but to shoulder some of the debt, otherwise we could just shut it down.

If they have to drop the Royal from their name, would they just become BS? ;-)

• Options
    No difference really, have you every tried to spend a Scottish £10 note down here.