Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Tudgay - **SIGNED UNTIL END OF THE SEASON** (page 2)

edited February 2014 in General Charlton
Signing for Charlton according to his Twitter....

Comments

• Options
    marcus tudgay ‏@tuggy777 28m

On route for new challenge #cafc for the rest of the season big thanks to #nffc #games #goals.......
  • Options
    Well done Crewe Alexander, now CP / RD pull your finger out
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Well done Crewe Alexander, now CP / RD pull your finger out

You joke but that had crossed my mind too !
  • Options
    Decent signing if true. Not the best goalscoring record, but decent enough, and certainly more of a threat the Sordell or Church. If it's until the end of the season, I expect he'll be playing for a contract too, so should be trying his bollocks off. He's a Sussex or Kent lad isn't he?
  • Options
    Was he fit when they played that useless lump Halford up front?
  • Options
    2001–2006 Derby County 92 (17)
    2006 → Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 1 (1)
    2006–2011 Sheffield Wednesday 194 (48)
    2010–2011 → Nottingham Forest (loan) 4 (3)
    2011– Nottingham Forest 55 (9)
    2012–2013 → Barnsley (loan) 9 (3)
    2013–2014 → Barnsley (loan)

goals in Brackets

Blimey he's hardly played for two years.
  • Options
    If he was allowed to play that would have been a guaranteed "against old club" goal for us on monday! will have to settle for him scoring the winner in the repal instead
  • Options

Decent signing if true. Not the best goalscoring record, but decent enough, and certainly more of a threat the Sordell or Church. If it's until the end of the season, I expect he'll be playing for a contract too, so should be trying his bollocks off. He's a Sussex or Kent lad isn't he?

born in Shoreham.

5ft 10", is that tall enough?
  • Options
    Thought he was Turkish? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played 5 games this season (all for Barnsley) scoring one goal: against Yeovil.
    Played 13 games last season (9 for Barnsley) scoring three goals (all for Barnsley): against Burnley, Watford and Millwall.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Thought he was Turkish? ;)

thats Tugay

• Options
    Jesus Christ. Not the most invigorating signing. Still, last time we picked up a Barnsley cast-off it worked out quite well. Well, until he was shunted off to Orient..
  • Options
    Scored against millwall! Sign him up now.
  • Options
    Solid pro.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Solid pro.

Mmmm you mean he's crap!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    stonemuse said:

Scored against millwall! Sign him up now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20738469

93rd minute winner at the Den as well.
  • Options
    Wonder why he has a pic of Claus Jensen in his Twitter images library?
  • Options
    Haha all everyone wanted was a loan and now we have one not many people seem happy , still think we need a winger but he can play left mid , aswell reza is known for playing left mid aswell so could be a bit of switching about , pros is he's strong in the air for he's size and he's got a lot of experience but obviously he's not known for he's goals , ill support him all the way but I'm on the fence on this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interested on OP and owlsonlines thoughts are
  • Options
    edited February 2014

• Options
    edited February 2014

Solid pro.

Agreed, goals to games ratio according to Wiki of 1 in 4 which will do for me compared against PROVEN strikers in the English game currently on our books :-0
    Edit; Apart from super Marv :-0
  • Options
    A unit in midfield, preferably CDM and I am happy. We're obviously adapting style by trying to score more goals and not rely on 1-0 wins, but our midfield isn't strong enough at the moment
  • Options

Interested on OP and owlsonlines thoughts are

They are still laughing :-)
  • Options
    I liked Tudders, we had him for nearly 5 years, hard worker who chipped in with a decent amount of goals, can do a job wide right as well. When he's on form he's very good but towards the end of his spell he looked disinterested which was probably fair enough given the shite going on at the club.

Always scores against Sheff Utd so if you win Monday it could be an omen.
  • Options
    Gower mark 2 ?
  • Options
    Looking at his goalscoring record, he actually seems to be best when he's on loan.

2006 → Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 1 (1)
    2010–2011 → Nottingham Forest (loan) 4 (3)
    2012–2013 → Barnsley (loan) 9 (3)

His goalscoring record in these 3 loan spells are pretty good - far better ratio than when he's signed permanently.
  • Options
    The Wednesday loan one is a bit of a misnomer mind, he had to join on loan to be eligible to play the following day he was signed permanently after the game.
  • Options
    Except he is

Gower mark 2 ?

Except he is only 31 and 4 years younger :-0