Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Tudgay - **SIGNED UNTIL END OF THE SEASON** (page 2)

Comments

• Options
    Year and a half younger than Yann. :-)
  • Options
    I like him, he's good. Not sure we need a forward unless Church is going the other way?
  • Options
    Oh he's decent in the air for his size as well.
  • Options
    Clarke, Akpo, Neon Deon and Le Tud. Bit by bit we're di malting an average Wednesday strike force and unleashing it on the Valley with underwhelming results.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Year and a half younger than Yann. :-)

At probably a fraction of the cost , RD holds the purse strings :-0

• Options
    New deon burton
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

New deon burton

Exactly what I thought. When I think of Tudgay I think Burton. However, I could be wrong as he's one of those players I don't concentrate on IYKWIM.
  • Options
    Unsure about this, we have Polish Pete, Church, Sordell, and Guuci. Is he definitely better than our other options? Barnsley wanted him a second time I suppose, but what we really need are better defenders...
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with the defence as long as they have someone behind them who they can trust :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This is gonna ve hilarious if he has signed for Crewe....

or Carshalton Athletic
  • Options
    Tiresais said:

Unsure about this, we have Polish Pete, Church, Sordell, and Guuci. Is he definitely better than our other options? Barnsley wanted him a second time I suppose, but what we really need are better defenders...

Defenders? They're fine at this level. We need to create more chances and score more goals.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

New deon burton

Deon Burton was good for us IMO and I was sad when he left, despite his age. Just over 1 in 3 for us.
  • Options

This is gonna ve hilarious if he has signed for Crewe....

@kap10 said this on page one. You need to hand him over your like and lol points !
  • Options
    BREAKING NEWS: @CAFCofficial sign Marcus Tudgay on loan until the end of the season. More to follow. #cafc pic.twitter.com/tY22c0VFHr
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140221-marcus-tudgay-1374580.aspx
    Charlton have signed Marcus Tudgay on loan until the end of the season, the club revealed on Friday afternoon.

Jimmy Stone reports

Charlton have signed Marcus Tudgay on loan until the end of the season, the club revealed on Friday afternoon.

Tudgay, who can play either as a striker or a wideman has played for Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest and Barnsley since making his senior debut in August 2002.

The 31-year-old has scored 87 career goals including 52 for Monday’s FA Cup fifth round opponents Sheffield Wednesday.

The striker could make his debut in Saturday's clash with Queens Park Rangers but won't be able to play in Monday's FA Cup clash at Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Options
    Experienced championship player. Don't know an awful lot about him, but I've heard of him which is a start! Presumably a Powell signing too.

He's one of those names that seems to have been around for years doing a steady job, most importantly at Championship level. His impact on our season will probably be more Rob Hulse than Jon Obika, but we need some steady players with plenty of Championship smarts to help knit together all these bright young things and Johnny foreigners that currently make up the first team.

On paper, I'm reasonably happy with this one.
  • Options
    He will be a half decent player for us imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone edit the thread title to confirmed.
  • Options
    Weren't Forrest interested in church? Maybe we are letting him go to Forrest on the basis we get one if their strikers? Possibly a benson/Clarke type scenario
  • Options

On paper, I'm reasonably happy with this one.

Queue the wait for others to come on saying this isnt the loan we need / want etc... ;-)
  • Options
    Top banana. Good signing.
  • Options
    Good signing.
  • Options
    Pleased with this one. When I've seen him play he looks like the kind of player who can make things happen.
  • Options
    Noticed he put a pic up of Claus Jensen on twitter in January , very random lol
  • Options
    Jacko just welcomed him on twitter
  • Options
    Another body to throw into the squad, and an experienced one at that. Hopefully, that can only be a good thing
  • Options
    Don't know much about him apart from his general stats. As long as he's desperate to get out on that football field, make an impact and show his worth, which I think he most likely will be hoping to do.

Has previously played as a winger which is also good, shows he has more of an all round game.