Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Tudgay - **SIGNED UNTIL END OF THE SEASON** (page 2)

Comments

• Options
    I believe the fans that are underwhelmed have seen us linked with SWP, Gradel, Becchio, Ibe & Boateng....then we sign Tudgay, who's stats/CV are probably not as good as the others.

I for one, will wait and see what he brings to the party.
  • Options
    I, for one, am not having this Gradel 'rumour', and at 1.5m? After RD's comments yesterday that is laughable.

As for Tudgay, does his loan period cover the play off final? ;-))
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Blimey for a minute I thought it was the Turkish bloke and then I thought nah it's Charlton and I was right lol

He's 43!! Good to have some experience, but that's a bit too much!!! :)
  • Options
    P.S. Welcome Marcus!!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Underwhelmed TBH

Who was u hoping for ? Messi ? Ronaldo?
    Someone better than journeyman, set the football world alight, great goal scoring record, Tudgay !
    Is that too much to ask for ?!
    No but you have got to be realistic, ask yourself who is available, at a price RD is prepared to pay out in wages for a 31 year old and who would want to come to a team in the bottom three; answer Marcus Tudgay. Let's give the guy a chance, oh hang on, sod that let's all be underwhelmed before he has kicked a ball........signs out goes to put the kettle on shaking head.
    Aw gawd.
    I dont know how much RD is prepared to pay, and i also dont know/care if we maybe arent the most attractive club on the planet at the moment to come to. But what i do know is that Tudgay, judging by his record, quite obviously isnt going to be the man who is going to be the difference between us staying up or going down - if that is acceptable to you then sobeit, maybe you might want to go and shake your head a bit more and see if your brain can understand and contemplate next season in the third tier at this rate if this is the standard and quality of what we intend to bring in. ! If you seriously think so, then maybe go and give your head another serious shake !
  • Options
    No one update Wikipedia yet!
  • Options
    Good player. I see Forest fans sad to see him go which is a good sign. They say he always gives 110%. Good scoring rate. Pleased with this.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

RedChaser said:

Underwhelmed TBH

Who was u hoping for ? Messi ? Ronaldo?
    Someone better than journeyman, set the football world alight, great goal scoring record, Tudgay !
    Is that too much to ask for ?!
    No but you have got to be realistic, ask yourself who is available, at a price RD is prepared to pay out in wages for a 31 year old and who would want to come to a team in the bottom three; answer Marcus Tudgay. Let's give the guy a chance, oh hang on, sod that let's all be underwhelmed before he has kicked a ball........signs out goes to put the kettle on shaking head.
    Aw gawd.
    I dont know how much RD is prepared to pay, and i also dont know/care if we maybe arent the most attractive club on the planet at the moment to come to. But what i do know is that Tudgay, judging by his record, quite obviously isnt going to be the man who is going to be the difference between us staying up or going down - if that is acceptable to you then sobeit, maybe you might want to go and shake your head a bit more and see if your brain can understand and contemplate next season in the third tier at this rate if this is the standard and quality of what we intend to bring in. ! If you seriously think so, then maybe go and give your head another serious shake !
    Listen me old fruit I've supported this club in the third tier during every spell since they came up from the old 3rd Division South and I don't want them to go back there either but you have to be realistic with this signing which you are clearly not. From the tit bits we have been fed we have been after better, more high profile players but they don't want to come for whatever reason and all we are left with is the likes of Marcus Tudgay. He may be crap I don't know I'll judge him when I've watched him half a dozen times but I am not gonna write him off now. Hopefully he will have a positive impact but as you say our survival or relegation is not going to depend solely on this latest addition and I doubt there is a player available on RD's terms out there who would have such an impact! Let me know if you agree so that I can stop shaking my head ta.
  • Options
    Better option on the right hand side of a 433 than Church ? with Reza on the left
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted the piglet has not given us his twopennies worth?
  • Options
    Love a bit of Friday night banter with little piggy!
  • Options
    Anyway all you lot seem to be worried about is our new signing
    Have you not noticed there's no 'friday who's rack?'
  • Options
    Assuming this is a player that the gaffer has identified as being interested in, then I'm a happy Fanny.

An experienced lad to give us more options and cover in case of injuries etc. What's not to like ?

Well done, RD & Katrien and welcome to the Big Dipper, Marcus !
  • Options
    Sounds like a Powell kind of signing - knows the drill, does the job, will get stuck in. He's been around a bit but that means it shouldn't take him that long to settle in. Not a spectacular signing but Reza brings the flair up front, a grafter with a bit of savvy fits the bill as far as I am concerned. Still like to see a 'proper' winger coming in as well though.
  • Options
    You can't beat a happy Fanny... :-)
  • Options
    I am less sure he is a striker so much as a player mainly on the right. The Cousins experiment has not looked good, nor has Danny Green either. Wilson in front of a fit Solly is almost a given, but Chris can't do that, so it is possible Tudgay is to play there.
    Reza is left footed to provide some balance, but if we are to get anything out of Polish Pete we need to shovel loads of balls into the box, because he looks to me to be a classic goal hanger/finisher, maybe Tudgay is part of a plan to feed the penalty area a lot more
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    He good signing , what are some of us expecting ? I find some of your reactions embarassing , People need to get a grip with our situation , we're desperate .. We can do a lot worse then Marcus tudguy !
  • Options
    Quality signing. Always rated him and Pardew should have signed him when we lost Reid. Better than what we have and I expect him to play left midfield.
  • Options
    Just have one question why have forest been playing without a reconised striker with halford playing centre forward ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it's a Powell signing. I'm more than happy. We need players in with championship experience.
  • Options
    Is he cup tied ?
  • Options
    we have added a lot to our attacking options, we have signed reza, polish pete, astrit adjarevic and marcus tudgay yet people are still not happy. i would say we are slightly lacking since we don't have solly or wiggins playing. give harrito another chance as well. marcus tudgay will be a good contrast to reza and polish pete. kinda like a rich mans simon church.
  • Options
    I would have signed a non league striking sensation personally
  • Options
    What a non-event !
  • Options
    If this came up on my email on FM I'd definitely click confirm.

Always a great signing on FM.
  • Options
    We're in a battle. We need the right type of player with the right mental attitude. Tudgay has always been a pain in the backside when playing against us, a bit like Paul Dickov always was. If he's fully fit and raring to go, he could turn out to be a very good signing.
  • Options
    I'm very curious about one thing - why will he play better if he's a CP signing but less well if he were signed by anyone else from within our club. I thought he signed for CAFC?

As I say very curious but no shaking of head I promise ;-))
  • Options
    Still not announced on the BBC website.

They really do not like us do they.