Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Tudgay - **SIGNED UNTIL END OF THE SEASON** (page 2)

Comments

• Options
    Blimey. Are we sure? Would've been happy with this 6 or 7 years ago!

" He played in almost every position during the season"
    could come in handy I suppose
  • Options
    Good signing ...makes a lot of sense to get him in.
  • Options
    I have all ways liked him for some reason lets hope we sign 2 wingers to help him and the other strikers out
  • Options
    Come on piggy give us ur input u know ur gagging to!
  • Options
    Blimey for a minute I thought it was the Turkish bloke and then I thought nah it's Charlton and I was right lol
  • Options
    Tiresais said:

Unsure about this, we have Polish Pete, Church, Sordell, and Guuci. Is he definitely better than our other options? Barnsley wanted him a second time I suppose, but what we really need are better defenders...

Sorry, have you ever seen Charlton play in the last few years ? And looked at the league table ?

Our defence is not the problem.
  • Options
    Only heard his name as he's played for other clubs but always had him down as one of the better players in the Championship. But I always thought he was a attacking midfielder/winger rather than a striker.
  • Options
    welcome Marcus
  • Options
    not a bad signing with championship experiance
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Weren't Forrest interested in church? Maybe we are letting him go to Forrest on the basis we get one if their strikers? Possibly a benson/Clarke type scenario

No. Forest said you can have Tudgay on loan as long as we don't have to take Church :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great signing me thinks?
  • Options
    Come on little piglet where are u hiding
    We need ur MASSIVE input on this?
  • Options
    Have a feeling he'll play more in the wing position, but numbers added to the squad can only be seen as a good thing.
  • Options
    Decent Championship experienced player which is what we need right now. Also assume this was a player that SCP wanted which is also a positive at the moment. Born in Shoreham by Sea so he's alright with me.
  • Options
    Underwhelmed TBH
  • Options
    Experienced, hard working player to blend with the youngsters. Makes sense.
  • Options

Come on little piglet where are u hiding
    We need ur MASSIVE input on this?

He is still jointing the dead rat he found last night

• Options
    Can play upfront or out wide.

With our fixture pile up we need players that are versatile.

Decent signing.
  • Options

Underwhelmed TBH

Who was u hoping for ? Messi ? Ronaldo?
  • Options

Underwhelmed TBH

Both!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Underwhelmed TBH

Someone better than journeyman, set the football world alight, great goal scoring record, Tudgay !
    Is that too much to ask for ?!
  • Options
    Seems that cP may be less than impressed by Polish Pete if he feels the need for yet another striker.
  • Options

Seems that cP may be less than impressed by Polish Pete if he feels the need for yet another striker.

Maybee not but who is out there warming the bench and more importantly
    Would actually come to a club in a relegation dogfight?
    And don't forget wages?

• Options

Maybee not but who is out there warming the bench and more importantly
    Would actually come to a club in a relegation dogfight?
    And don't forget wages?

IMO Powell sees him as a utility attacker. He can play on the wing and up front.
  • Options
    Polish Pete will take a bit of time to get up to speed but I think will do well for us. Possibly more next season though. We need people who can get stuck in now. Gucci I think is doing well and I think an experienced player like tudgay will work well alongside him. Welcome Marcus
  • Options
    I genuinely don't have an opinion either way, certainly won't be complaining as we need as many players as we can get. He's played at this level most of his career so would imagine he can get stuck in faster than Pete the Pole. We still need a midfielder or 2 but let's have a bit of positivity that this is the start:)
  • Options
    Can't do any harm. Church and Sofall are both crap in their own different ways. Pete is young and Dave, well y'know..........
  • Options
    He'll bring great experience, something the rest of our signings don't have.
  • Options
    great signing! like him