Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• If anyone plans to go to work on Wednesday and make it back home in time for the game, i'd suggest leaving London no later than around 2pm!

And booking at least Thursday morning off for the hangover.
  • If anyone plans to go to work on Wednesday and make it back home in time for the game, i'd suggest leaving London no later than around 2pm!

Sound advice, thanks for the heads up.
    I shall pass it on .
  • edited July 2018

My son's school have very considerately arranged for his Sports Day to be on Wednesday and I booked the day off months ago :)
  • MrLargo said:

What the f#%k is wrong with people? Got on train, everyone squeezed into the bit near the doors, as usual, despite ample space in the middle of the carriage. Politely squeezed passed a few people and then got to "The Gatekeeper", the final obstacle between me and the more spacious area in the middle. She's stood at the bit where they always stand, at the end of the area where two seats on each side of the gangway becomes 2 seats one side, 3 on the other. People are generally terrified of moving beyond this bit, for reasons I'll never understand.

Anyway, I asked her if I could squeeze past, but she wasn't up for that. She looked at me as if I'd asked her to jump in front of a train and then proceeded to edge nervously a foot or so along. This is no use to me. I want to get past her to the bit between the next bank of seats where there's enough room to swing a cat and read your newspaper in comfort. I ask her again if I can squeeze past. She looks at me like I've just ordered her to jump off the end of Brighton Pier,but manages to summon up the courage to edge a few feet further along to the area between the next two banks of seats, leaving me stranded in "The Gatekeeper" position. It's not what I wanted, but it's better than being stuck in the crowd by the doors.

It's not the first time this has happened, it's pretty much a weekly occurrence - the only difference is that some days (like today), I'll be in a bad enough mood to barge my way to The Gatekeeper and politely but passive-aggressively ask her to move down, whereas other days I'll just make do with standing in the crowded bit staring daggers into the back of The Gatekeeper's stupid head. Why are people so terrified of moving down?

I know football's coming home, the whole country is gripped by World Cup fever and we're all hugely excited about the prospect of watching England in a World Cup semi-final tonight, but that doesn't excuse being a stupid c%#t.

Where are you two going on holiday?
    Considering her reluctance to move more than 3 feet at a time without being firmly asked twice, I think a holiday is probably out of the question.
  • edited July 2018
    I travel on SW trains. Waited 40 minutes for a train yesterday in Brentford, as did people going the other way (or longer). The tannoy announced every few minutes 'the delay is due to the non-arrival of a member of train staff'. This was technically correct as it turned out he was stuck outside Waterloo due to a signal failure. But very inflamatory, putting staff safety at risk from angry passengers.
  • Sponsored links:

• I travel on SW trains. Waited 40 minutes for a train yesterday in Brentford, as did people going the other way (or longer). The tannoy announced every few minutes 'the delay is due to the non-arrival of a member of train staff'. This was technically correct as it turned out he was stuck outside Waterloo due to a signal failure. But very inflamatory, putting staff safety at risk from angry passengers.

When SWtrains staff stop striking on the most tenuous cynical imagined offence not yet perpetrated they can begin to earn any respect from the fare paying thousands blighted by their toxic machinations Wankers all
  • I travel on SW trains. Waited 40 minutes for a train yesterday in Brentford, as did people going the other way (or longer). The tannoy announced every few minutes 'the delay is due to the non-arrival of a member of train staff'. This was technically correct as it turned out he was stuck outside Waterloo due to a signal failure. But very inflamatory, putting staff safety at risk from angry passengers.

Who comes up with these ridiculous terms to describe the latest failure?! Non-arrival?!

"I thought Dave was coming out tonight?"

"Yeah, but he's non-arrived due to his missus making him mow the lawn."

Piss off. Just be bluntly honest about it and admit that you've cocked everything up again. Same goes for "displaced", as in "displaced train crew".

According to the dictionary, "displaced" means either:
    1. Lacking a home, country, etc or;
    2. Moved or put out of the usual/proper place.

So a "displaced train crew" suggests that either they are refugees, which would have no bearing on their ability to be on the train, or it means that you've sent them to the wrong place, in which case you should admit that in plain English and stop trying to disguise your incompetence with woolly terminology.

Total arseholes.
  • Check this out, this is a genuine tweet:

This country is an absolute joke.
  • edited July 2018

I travel on SW trains. Waited 40 minutes for a train yesterday in Brentford, as did people going the other way (or longer). The tannoy announced every few minutes 'the delay is due to the non-arrival of a member of train staff'. This was technically correct as it turned out he was stuck outside Waterloo due to a signal failure. But very inflamatory, putting staff safety at risk from angry passengers.

When SWtrains staff stop striking on the most tenuous cynical imagined offence not yet perpetrated they can begin to earn any respect from the fare paying thousands blighted by their toxic machinations Wankers all
    Not sure SWT staff have any history of striking. You are probably confused with Southern who are striking due to guards being removed, altering working practices and thus contracts. Unlaterally. Without consultation or agreement.

But never mind with Brexit Shapps and Raab will bring in hire and fire at will by reversing 50 years of employment law.
  • MrLargo said:

Check this out, this is a genuine tweet:

This country is an absolute joke.
    Yeah - but they're backing Pride. So that's OK.

Not sure SWT staff have any history of striking. You are probably confused with Southern who are striking due to guards being removed, altering working practices and thus contracts. Unlaterally. Without consultation or agreement.

But never mind with Brexit Shapps and Raab will bring in hire and fire at will by reversing 50 years of employment law.
    RMT repeatedly striking because after the new TOC took over this year inheriting the entire staff body, rolling stock, timetable, RMT insist that jobs are at risk from single operator trains despite SWT publicly stating that there will be no redundancies and staff numbers on trains will be maintained. SWT inherited the current rolling stock replacement plan, they didn't choose the trains spec. "No redundancies" + "numbers will be maintained" isn't good enough for Comrade Cash and his petty futile seditious funny farm, so RMT give themselves long weekends off with monotonous regularity. Bone idle piss taking 'tards shooting themselves in the foot - barely anybody hereabouts has any idea, the new TOC has coped thus far. Not to overlook SWTrains shitwanky daylight robbery of an offpeak service with filthy dirty really short formed trains making journeys fucking miserable.
  • Can someone explain to me what exactly 'signalling problems' are? Why they happen (pretty frequently), and can the issue be fixed?

Also why does this carriage have a vibrating sound louder than a fucking B52 bomber?
  • Just got back from giving statement to police.

It all kicked off on a train at newcross.

Some drunk guy on a train, shouting at people screaming about Tommy Robinson being innocent and left to rot with enemies, were all gonna pay on wednesday.

Member of staff asked him to get off train because he had alcohol and he threw the can off the train hitting someone, 15-20 minutes later he got off train and BTP turned up 5 minutes later to arrest him,

Honestly it was better than watching eastenders watching him.

Some drunk guy on a train, shouting at people screaming about Tommy Robinson being innocent and left to rot with enemies, were all gonna pay on wednesday.

Member of staff asked him to get off train because he had alcohol and he threw the can off the train hitting someone, 15-20 minutes later he got off train and BTP turned up 5 minutes later to arrest him,

2 guys were going toe to toe on the carriage next to us on the way back from London on the Sidcup line this Saturday.

I saw a few people up town with Free Tommy Robinson t-shirts/placards, not sure if it was anything to do with that.
  • Sponsored links:

2 guys were going toe to toe on the carriage next to us on the way back from London on the Sidcup line this Saturday.

I saw a few people up town with Free Tommy Robinson t-shirts/placards, not sure if it was anything to do with that.
    I just wanna know whats happening Wednesday, he never did say, just that we were all gonna pay
  • edited July 2018

Can someone explain to me what exactly 'signalling problems' are? Why they happen (pretty frequently), and can the issue be fixed?

Also why does this carriage have a vibrating sound louder than a fucking B52 bomber?

When Railtrack took over, we were instructed that when making announcements regarding any problems with the track or signalling equipment, we were no longer allowed to say things like "broken rail" or "points/signal failure" we were to say "signalling problems" as it undermined confidence in both the equipment and the system.

I just wanna know whats happening Wednesday, he never did say, just that we were all gonna pay
    Takeover. We're all gonna be lumping in to save the bid from falling through.

He was the British consortium.
  • 16:14 Charing Cross to Hastings train I was on this afternoon had no air conditioning working on the carriage I was in. And it was 3 minutes late at Orpington. 28 minutes of hell.
  • edited July 2018

Just got back from giving statement to police.

To be fair, if you were on a Southeastern train, I make him fucking right...
  • More and more trains are without toilets.

A basic requirement that they struggle to maintain.
  • On a side note yet again they wait until the train is due to be at Victoria before they announce we are going to be late. We had already worked that one out thanks!

The reason given is a defective rail head in the Brixton Junction area.
  • edited July 2018

Does anyone else, who get a a regular train and sees the same people on there most days, come up with names for the people you see?

So far I've got.

Mr Cuts-his-own-hair

Mr Clears-his-throat-every-six-seconds

Mr I'm-a-grown-man-but-I-wear-a-Manchester-United-rucksack-every-day

Madame Moans-down-her-phone-about-her-kids

Mr Massive-trousers

MR Smelly-c**t

Mr Wears-the-same-shirt-every-day

Miss Spends-the-whole-journey-doing-makeup-and-somehow-looks-even-worse-than-when-she-started

And finally Creepy Mr Murder

As you can all tell I'm a people person and I love the general public!