Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018

Macronate said:

just mow the fuckers down

According to twittter once the trains had stopped he/she was on top of trains jumping from carriage to carriage like some kind of action movie
    Odds on it's @MrLargo or @cantersaddick having finally snapped.
    Macronate said:

According to twittter once the trains had stopped he/she was on top of trains jumping from carriage to carriage like some kind of action movie
    nah, @MrLargo enjoys it in a perverse way (like watching girls shop) and @cantersaddick is a c**t-hair away from snapping and taking at least the rest of the carriage with him (and that would have had far more media coverage)
    Thing is, I'm shocked more people haven't properly lost their shit having no choice but to use this disaster of a service daily. Luckily I rarely have to do battle with the trains but even when I do, the service from Chatham, unless it's the HS is awful, routinely late everyday and so packed even at nearly 50 quid return you won't get a chance to sit on one of the skanky seats and I include the HS in that.

If the A2 wasn't absolutely packed with dickhead drivers who think driving on the left unless overtaking is not for them, I'd recommend everyone sticks 2 fingers up to southeastern and uses a coach carrier instead

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Rizzo said:

ok....shoot the fuckers down

Then mow them down for good measure.
    And send the wretched s estate the bill for cleaning the train and counselling the driver and compensating all the poor saps delayed.
    The shameless thieves at s0"th€@stérn will still do their utmost to run no service at all for as long as they can get away with it, thereby saving themselves every ha'penny they can. Crooks.
  • Options
    This interloper is probably a Southeastern employee.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

This interloper is probably a Southeastern employee.

On a sunny Monday after a nice weekend you think there are any SE staff that have actually turned up for work??
  • Options
    edited July 2018

A fault with the signalling system at London Charing Cross fewer trains are able to run on some lines. Train services running to and from this station may be cancelled, delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until 20:00.
  • Options

Macronate said:

Macronate said:

nah, @MrLargo enjoys it in a perverse way (like watching girls shop) and @cantersaddick is a cunt-hair away from snapping and taking at least the rest of the carriage with him (and that would have had far more media coverage)
    You're right about @cantersaddick . I predicted when he finished university and started commuting that he'd be locked up in a padded cell within 6 months, very surprised he's lasted this long, but pretty obvious that it's only a matter of time before he completely loses his shit and gets nicked for attempting to insert a burning Delay Repay leaflet into the anus of a Revenue Protection Officer. I'll be leading the campaign to get him pardoned, and then knighted.

As for me, I've been on a fact-finding trip to Russia for the last couple of weeks - yesterday, some gentlemen from the FSB afforded me the privilege of watching them beat a confession out of a suspected blackmailer, enabling me to pick up some useful tips for when I next renew my annual season ticket.

On a serious note, after being appalling for the first few years of their tenure, they've managed to lower the bar even further since the Thameslink project was completed - the snow shambles, the heatwave shambles, the generally providing a disgraceful service everyday shambles, passengers being held hostage for 4 hours on several occasions (which South Eastern tried to blame on passengers) - I can't believe this is allowed to happen in an affluent, wealthy nation. No idea what can be done about it - I thought our government was responsible for protecting its citizens for being robbed and mistreated, they just seem to encourage it though.

C#%ts.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Macronate said:

Macronate said:

nah, @MrLargo enjoys it in a perverse way (like watching girls shop) and @cantersaddick is a cunt-hair away from snapping and taking at least the rest of the carriage with him (and that would have had far more media coverage)
    You're right about @cantersaddick . I predicted when he finished university and started commuting that he'd be locked up in a padded cell within 6 months, very surprised he's lasted this long, but pretty obvious that it's only a matter of time before he completely loses his shit and gets nicked for attempting to insert a burning Delay Repay leaflet into the anus of a Revenue Protection Officer. I'll be leading the campaign to get him pardoned, and then knighted.

As for me, I've been on a fact-finding trip to Russia for the last couple of weeks - yesterday, some gentlemen from the FSB afforded me the privilege of watching them beat a confession out of a suspected blackmailer, enabling me to pick up some useful tips for when I next renew my annual season ticket.

On a serious note, after being appalling for the first few years of their tenure, they've managed to lower the bar even further since the Thameslink project was completed - the snow shambles, the heatwave shambles, the generally providing a disgraceful service everyday shambles, passengers being held hostage for 4 hours on several occasions (which South Eastern tried to blame on passengers) - I can't believe this is allowed to happen in an affluent, wealthy nation. No idea what can be done about it - I thought our government was responsible for protecting its citizens for being robbed and mistreated, they just seem to encourage it though.

C#%ts.
    It's the government that's robbing you! They just hire these "brand names" to take the blame!

Turkeys falling for the whole Christmas thing.
  • Options
    I can confirm it wasn't me. I haven't lost it (yet).

In fact I am quite chilled. I have had a week in Portugal on holiday then a week working from home in the sun with a couple days expenses paid work oop north. Then a 4 day bender in Amsterdam. Wasn't even bothered when my train rolled into Victoria 24 mins late this morning.

Give me a couple days and I'll be back to getting angry at everything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Failed train outside Cannon Street loads of delays. Just got on a train out of dodge....
  • Options
    Failed train my arse. Driver probably fucked off to the pub to get a good seat for the footy.
  • Options
    Victoria's fucked, @cantersaddick how you doing mate?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Victoria's fucked, @cantersaddick how you doing mate?

I heard this but my train crawled in its usual 10 mins late (with no apology or explanation). I saw no signs of issues.

No worse than usual.
  • Options

The good news for 'Canters Watch' is that Victoria is now meant to be knackered all of today so with any luck he'll be stuck on a train for 5 hours trying to get home tonight and we'll be in prime position to witness the hilarity

Or he could come and watch the cricket at Lords! Tickets still available @cantersaddick
  • Options
    i cant see anything on the southeastern website about problems at Victoria ?
  • Options

i cant see anything on the southeastern website about problems at Victoria ?

Yeah it's in Streatham where the issue is, so I think it is Southern which are really being effected. When I looked at the Victoria trains from Eltham today everything was running fine.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

The good news for 'Canters Watch' is that Victoria is now meant to be knackered all of today so with any luck he'll be stuck on a train for 5 hours trying to get home tonight and we'll be in prime position to witness the hilarity

Or he could come and watch the cricket at Lords! Tickets still available @cantersaddick
    Tempting offer mate. I've got plans for tonight but if I get stuck in London I might pop along..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stuck on train outside tun wells as tracks flooded after heavy rain. On way to doc appt then interview. Bloody typical.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

State of this.
  • Options
    bloody sheep on the line near Wadhurst this morning.
  • Options
    Nice crowded journey down to Brighton today. 8 coaches, can't shut the doors at London Bridge cos it's so busy. Third world standards.

Squeezed up against an absolute beauty though.
  • Options
    If anyone plans to go to work on Wednesday and make it back home in time for the game, i'd suggest leaving London no later than around 2pm!
  • Options

If anyone plans to go to work on Wednesday and make it back home in time for the game, i'd suggest leaving London no later than around 2pm!

Can you forward that onto my boss please?

Is something happening or are you predicting a sudden lack of train drivers?
  • Options

My southeastern issues will soon be no more. My life working in the City since 1980 will be coming to an end in two months time. I will no longer rely on southeastern. My near 4.5 hour daily commute will be reduced to 30 minutes a day by car to Bexhill. Many thanks @southeastern, it’s been a blast !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbsuAbTTsV8