Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options

How do you know Mr Wears-the-same-shirt-every-day is wearing the same shirt from yesterday?

i.e. I've three white shirts at home, one light blue and a grey one that I wear over the course of the week... Of course if I wear the three white ones on consecutive days it makes me look like I'm wearing the same one

Fair point. I am sure it's the same shirt every day. It's a short sleeved checked shirt in grey

Does anyone else, who get a a regular train and sees the same people on there most days, come up with names for the people you see?

So far I've got.

Mr Cuts-his-own-hair

Mr Clears-his-throat-every-six-seconds

Mr I'm-a-grown-man-but-I-wear-a-Manchester-United-rucksack-every-day

Madame Moans-down-her-phone-about-her-kids

Mr Massive-trousers

MR Smelly-c**t

Mr Wears-the-same-shirt-every-day

Miss Spends-the-whole-journey-doing-makeup-and-somehow-looks-even-worse-than-when-she-started

And finally Creepy Mr Murder

I worry about you mate
    It's what my commute has driven me to. It way to stay (semi) sane.

In other news it's now only 5 weeks until I move out and no longer have to do this commute. I will however be using southern to get to Victoria instead. Positive is it's only 17 mins on the train and theu are every 10 mins at rush hour. I Also have a tube option not too far away if southern have one of their little strops.

Can't wait. Will cut 2 hours off my travel time a day. I'll have no idea what to do with myself.
  • Options
    Peeps, someone posted up a link earlier in the thread of historical train times over a set period or something like that.

Can someone post it up again, need to save it to my phone. The 07:36 Petts Wood to Cannon St is about as useless as a chocolate teapot at the moment.

• Options
    Scrap that, I've found it!
  • Options

How do you know Mr Wears-the-same-shirt-every-day is wearing the same shirt from yesterday?

i.e. I've three white shirts at home, one light blue and a grey one that I wear over the course of the week... Of course if I wear the three white ones on consecutive days it makes me look like I'm wearing the same one

Fair point. I am sure it's the same shirt every day. It's a short sleeved checked shirt in grey

Does anyone else, who get a a regular train and sees the same people on there most days, come up with names for the people you see?

So far I've got.

Mr Cuts-his-own-hair

Mr Massive-trousers

MR Smelly-c**t

Miss Spends-the-whole-journey-doing-makeup-and-somehow-looks-even-worse-than-when-she-started

I worry about you mate

In other news it's now only 5 weeks until I move out and no longer have to do this commute. I will however be using southern to get to Victoria instead. Positive is it's only 17 mins on the train and theu are every 10 mins at rush hour. I Also have a tube option not too far away if southern have one of their little strops.

Can't wait. Will cut 2 hours off my travel time a day. I'll have no idea what to do with myself.
    And you'll be 10 minutes down the road from me, so lucky you.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Can you share it please as mine is late so frequently I lose track when doing delay and replay.

Plus the missus is out tonight so a couple of hours pouring over train times on Google incognito is on the cards.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Can you share it please as mine is late so frequently I lose track when doing delay and replay.

Plus the missus is out tonight so a couple of hours pouring over train times on Google incognito is on the cards.
    http://www.recenttraintimes.co.uk/
  • Options

So far I've got.

Mr Cuts-his-own-hair

Mr Massive-trousers

MR Smelly-c**t

I worry about you mate

Gonna be a little further mate. Ended up in Streatham coz its cooler than Bromley and my hipster persona will fit in far better there! ;)
  • Options

So far I've got.

Mr Cuts-his-own-hair

Mr Massive-trousers

MR Smelly-c**t

I worry about you mate

Gonna be a little further mate. Ended up in Streatham coz its cooler than Bromley and my hipster persona will fit in far better there! ;)
    Ha, do agree that Bromley is a bit average.

Beckenham is the place to be...
  • Options

So far I've got.

Mr Cuts-his-own-hair

Mr Massive-trousers

MR Smelly-c**t

I worry about you mate

Lived in Streatham for a couple of years, Sunny Hill Rd., great place
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

JohnBoyUK said:

http://www.recenttraintimes.co.uk/
    Thanks mate
  • Options
    If you got the 18:10 from Victoria to Ramsgate service.

Hello.

It was me who was on the phone ranting about someone who works for me. Sorry I hate it when people do that. But sometimes you just need to vent.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

On the train home. Can see someone on CL across the aisle. Not got the balls to introduce myself. Also scared I've pissed them off on here before.

Best off leaving it - if they only know you from this thread, they'll think you're a right maniac...
    True. Didn't have the balls. Ran away. He got off the same station as me.
  • Options

Hello.

It was me who was on the phone ranting about someone who works for me. Sorry I hate it when people do that. But sometimes you just need to vent.

Were they male or female?

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Curb_It said:

Hello.

Male. Roughly 5 ft 8/9. White hair, blue short sleeve shirt, reading glasses. Reading the takeover thread.
  • Options

On the train home. Can see someone on CL across the aisle. Not got the balls to introduce myself. Also scared I've pissed them off on here before.

Really hope it’s Creepy Mr Murder
    It's not anyone I've seen before!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Curb_It said:

Hello.

Male. Roughly 5 ft 8/9. White hair, blue short sleeve shirt, reading glasses. Reading the takeover thread.
    In his eyes you are Weird Mr Stalker Man
  • Options
    Train delayed - check
    Station toilet out of order - check
    Train formed of 4 coaches instead of 8 - check
    Broken doors on train meaning they continually keep opening and closing - check

All of the above for the bargain price of £2870 per year.
  • Options

Train delayed - check
    Station toilet out of order - check
    Train formed of 4 coaches instead of 8 - check
    Broken doors on train meaning they continually keep opening and closing - check

All of the above for the bargain price of £2870 per year.

Did you pay by check,
  • Options

Some right creatures on my train tonight.

Loads of sweaty fat men. Loads of shooters. One woman near me very loud down the phone just came out with this classic "You made me ask him out on a date and now I have piles!".

WTF!!!! I don't even know what to make of that!!!

What's a shooter Canters?
  • Options

Loads of sweaty fat men. Loads of shooters. One woman near me very loud down the phone just came out with this classic "You made me ask him out on a date and now I have piles!".

Guns. Young Canters gets the 17.38 Guy Ritchie via Danny Dyersville.
  • Options

Meant shouters. People who can't talk quietly and ensure the entire train can hear their conversation.
  • Options

Meant shouters. People who can't talk quietly and ensure the entire train can hear their conversation.
    Oh right, gotcha. Thought you'd moved to Chatham or something! :wink:
  • Options
    5 carriages this morning. 8 is bad enough but 5?!
  • Options
    9:36 from Bexleyheath cancelled due to shortage of train crew. Since when has that been an acceptable excuse. Imagine going on holiday and half hour before your flight being told sorry can’t go today, pilots not showed up.