Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options

Does anyone else, who get a a regular train and sees the same people on there most days, come up with names for the people you see?

So far I've got.

Mr Cuts-his-own-hair

Mr Clears-his-throat-every-six-seconds

Mr I'm-a-grown-man-but-I-wear-a-Manchester-United-rucksack-every-day

Madame Moans-down-her-phone-about-her-kids

Mr Massive-trousers

MR Smelly-cunt

Mr Wears-the-same-shirt-every-day

Miss Spends-the-whole-journey-doing-makeup-and-somehow-looks-even-worse-than-when-she-started

And finally Creepy Mr Murder

Does he still get your train and give you those creepy looks?
  • Options

Does anyone else, who get a a regular train and sees the same people on there most days, come up with names for the people you see?

So far I've got.

Mr Cuts-his-own-hair

Mr Massive-trousers

MR Smelly-cunt

Miss Spends-the-whole-journey-doing-makeup-and-somehow-looks-even-worse-than-when-she-started

Does he still get your train and give you those creepy looks?
    Yes he does still get my train. No he doesn't stare longingly at me for the entire journey. He has chosen another victim.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

So far I've got.

Mr Cuts-his-own-hair

Mr Massive-trousers

MR Smelly-c**t

Are they not the same person?
  • Options
    edited July 2018

So far I've got.

Mr Cuts-his-own-hair

Mr Massive-trousers

MR Smelly-c**t

Separate people. MR Smelly-c**t stinks so bad you can pretty much see the waves coming off him.

Mr Wears-the-same-shirt-every-day probably smells but I avoid him and haven't had to endure sitting next to him just yet so cannot confirm.

There is also

Miss Sits-in-the-aisle-seat-and-gets-arsey-when-asked-to-let-someone-in
  • Options
    How do you know Mr Wears-the-same-shirt-every-day is wearing the same shirt from yesterday?

i.e. I've three white shirts at home, one light blue and a grey one that I wear over the course of the week... Of course if I wear the three white ones on consecutive days it makes me look like I'm wearing the same one
  • Options
    edited July 2018

So far I've got.

Mr Cuts-his-own-hair

Mr Massive-trousers

MR Smelly-c**t

Separate people. MR Smelly-c**t stinks so bad you can pretty much see the waves coming off him.

Mr Wears-the-same-shirt-every-day probably smells but I avoid him and haven't had to endure sitting next to him just yet so cannot confirm.

There is also

Miss Sits-in-the-aisle-seat-and-gets-arsey-when-asked-to-let-someone-in
    I'd make it my mission to ask her to let me in every day!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How do you know Mr Wears-the-same-shirt-every-day is wearing the same shirt from yesterday?

i.e. I've three white shirts at home, one light blue and a grey one that I wear over the course of the week... Of course if I wear the three white ones on consecutive days it makes me look like I'm wearing the same one

He’s given you your name, it’s too late for excuses
    I could think of another that would be more true
  • Options

Fair point. I am sure it's the same shirt every day. It's a short sleeved checked shirt in grey (same check as the picture but much worse style and fitting shirt).

It's a pretty specific shirt so either he is enough of a boring person to buy at least 5 of them or he is rewearing. You decide.
  • Options
    No further questions your honour, the prosecution rests.
    Wears a short-sleeved shirt (not provided as uniform) to work everyday = justifiable target for vilification, mockery, sniggering, pointing, name-calling.
    Canters has let the dolt off very lightly.
  • Options

Wears a short-sleeved shirt (not provided as uniform) to work everyday = justifiable target for vilification, mockery, sniggering, pointing, name-calling.

Surely wearing short sleeves in this weather passes.
  • Options

So far I've got.

Mr Cuts-his-own-hair

Mr Massive-trousers

MR Smelly-c**t

I don't get the same train enough nowadays, but when I was a kid getting the train to school I got the same train with this guy I didn't know from down my road who was going to work - normal looking guy, shirt, rucksack, a little bit geeky/boring looking maybe, but I'd see him most days. He was known to me (internally) as "train boy", really showcasing my creativity there.

Anyway, so recently it's 15+ years later and I happened to commute from the same station just once (having moved house a few times since) and there he was... same guy, same walk, rucksack on, slightly scruffy suit, same blank facial expression and everything - just older. I know he's got a life outside that walk, but him just pounding out that same routine for decades whilst everything else changes was a bit of a :neutral: moment. As a kid I vowed that I'd never be like him (completely unsubstantiated, just because I thought he was boring), but here we are - I'm probably some kid's depressing "train boy" that he doesn't want to grow up and be... but still will anyway!
    You’re not talking about the 5:20 from Bexley are you???
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    iainment said:

Not if said short sleeved shirts have button down lapels and you keep your blue, red, green and black pens neatly aligned in your top pocket.

• Options
    Never wear short sleeves. Roll your sleeves up instead.

I know next to nothing about fashion but even I know that.
  • Options
    Full evacuation of London Victoria apparently, just been dumped off the train at Denmark hill
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fire alarm apparently, sorted now and on a train heading to Victoria

• Options
    iainment said:

never, unless you are a pilot.
  • Options
    Or a coach driver
  • Options
    or work in kebabies
  • Options

or work in kebabies

Chilli sauce salad boss
  • Options
    FFS.
  • Options
    Here we go, rush hour signal failure at LB.
  • Options
    And at Victoria
  • Options
    Glad I haven’t left for the friggin station then!
  • Options

Here we go, rush hour signal failure at LB.

Just passed thru and doesn't seem to be any issues