Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

It's just a covert government tactic to turn us against each other rather than focusing our hatred on the train companies and the government officials who sanction their shitness. Where's the article about "Most irritating Minister for Transport" or "Most dilapidated train on the UK rail network" or "Most pathetic excuse for your train being delayed, cancelled or hideously overcrowded".
    Correct but all those actions are reprehensible.

The commute would be much more bearable if the people innthe trains weren't cunts.
  • Options
    Two comments:

1 - 'odour hub' might be my new favourite insult. Totally stealing that.

2 - Where's Mr Largo and what have you done with him?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Two comments:

1 - 'odour hub' might be my new favourite insult. Totally stealing that.

2 - Where's Mr Largo and what have you done with him?

Still here mate. Spent the last few months going into work at the crack of dawn and leaving at 4pm every day. It makes quite a significant difference - I tend to miss any disruption, or if there is any then it hasn't snowballed into the uber-shambles you get in the height of rush hour.

So, apart from being forced to use an outrageously expensive service, travelling on trains that should've been replaced 15 years ago and which haven't had working toilets for the last 10 months and haven't had working air con ever, I haven't really had much to complain about recently.

I do make the occasional journey during rush hour these days, just to keep my hate levels up and to remind me that one day I'm going to force-feed David Statham (the South Eastern CEO) 18 pints of cheap lager and then, when he starts complaining that he needs to go for a leak, I'm going to dangle him knob-first above the third rail and wait for nature to take its course.
    this does concern me as you ve really thought hard about this !!
  • Options
    Had the misfortune to have to travel on the 17.27 HS1 from Stratford to Ashford yesterday evening. Some souls stood all the way from St. Pancras to Ashford in a six car train, which was completely rammed. F**k that for a game of soldiers considering the price of those season tickets.

They clearly haven't got enough rolling stock.

• Options
    Good luck if you are hoping to get home from Charing Cross any time tonight!

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/200852.aspx
  • Options
    Bit of good news potentially for anyone who lives in Sevenoaks, and presumably a fair few other places outside London. Still a total rip-off even with the saving though.

https://www.kentlive.news/news/train-fare-loophole-southeastern-commuters-916291

• Options
    Charing Cross fucked
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charing Cross fucked

Didn't know about this until getting to cx but thankfully for me a couple of services are starting to run ... think just those to Sidcup. Taking its time tho
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Bit of good news potentially for anyone who lives in Sevenoaks, and presumably a fair few other places outside London. Still a total rip-off even with the saving though.

https://www.kentlive.news/news/train-fare-loophole-southeastern-commuters-916291

The fuck? How is that gammon blaming Grayling for the fact that Southeastern are thieving scumbags? I know that the regulation is shite, and the tories haven't actually told operators not to raise prices, but outright blaming the fucking government instead of the train companies lets them off the hook! It's the train companies that are the thieves. Avoiding blaming them gives them a license to continue stealing at the taxpayers expense.
  • Options
    Berkeley Homes has submitted detailed proposals to Greenwich Council for an enlarged station at Kidbrooke, on Southeastern's Bexleyheath line. The scheme is part of the redevelopment of the former Ferrier Estate, now renamed Kidbrooke Village with 4000 new homes replacing blocks of system built flats. The original 1895 station buildings were replaced in turn by a glass and concrete structure in the 1970's, and in 2014 by an 'interim building' while the site was redeveloped. The new station building will be larger than its predecessors, to accommodate an annual footfall expected to increase from the current 1.5 million as the redevelopment is completed. Sited more centrally to the Up platform than its predecessors, it will include a ticket hall, toilets, shops and cycle storage.

Source – Today's Railways (UK) October 2018

Bet the trains won't have any more capacity.
  • Options
    Treated myself to a lie-in this morning, with predictable consequences. Just got on the 8.41, at 9.04. Overcrowded - check. Morons unable to move down the carriage - check.

Broken down train blah blah blah. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause blah blah blah. Wankers.
  • Options
    Looked on the SE website at 7.05 this morning and the twats had already decided to cancel my train (7.58). Utter wank badgers.
  • Options
    New excuse alert:

"Delayed due to an unusually large passenger flow earlier on".

Pathetic, as usual, and my train actually arrived just outside St Johns a couple of minutes early and then sat at a red signal for 5 minutes, so I'm gonna call bullshit on this one.

C#£ts.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

New excuse alert:

Pathetic, as usual, and my train actually arrived just outside St Johns a couple of minutes early and then sat at a red signal for 5 minutes, so I'm gonna call bullshit on this one.

C#£ts.

To be honest a flow from a large passenger may take a while to clear up.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

New excuse alert:

C#£ts.

The DLR was screwed this morning which probably accounts for the extra passengers.

They're still c***s though.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

MrLargo said:

New excuse alert:

C#£ts.

To be honest a flow from a large passenger may take a while to clear up.
    Indeed. Particularly with most of the toilets on South Eastern Trains still out of order.
  • Options
    The DLR is still screwed. Doesnt go very wrong often but has spectacularly gone wrong today.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does that count as Southeastern train disruption?
  • Options

Does that count as Southeastern train disruption?

It has a knock-on effect Champ.
  • Options
    Forgotten about Southeastern already. Less than two weeks since I stopped commuting and can't say I miss them.
  • Options
    clive said:

Another excuse,sorry for the inconvenience
    @Se_Railway
    SERVICE UPDATE: the 10:49 Bromley South - Victoria was late departing Bromley south due to the driver becoming locked in the on board toilet. This train 5 minutes late. Sorry for the delay caused.

That's clearly bollocks as none of the bloody toilets work!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

clive said:

@Se_Railway
    SERVICE UPDATE: the 10:49 Bromley South - Victoria was late departing Bromley south due to the driver becoming locked in the on board toilet. This train 5 minutes late. Sorry for the delay caused.

That's clearly bollocks as none of the bloody toilets work!
    At least not the doors anyway.
  • Options
    That's because the drivers are too busy blocking the toilets with bog rolls.
  • Options
    clive said:

@Se_Railway

Lucky for the driver that he was able to find one of the few that wasn't out of service.

This excuse is insulting. It's inexcusable. The stuff they're coming out with these days to justify their shitness is outrageous. Just come out and admit that "your train is late because we've already got your money and we just cannot be bothered".

Grrr. F%*king tossers.