Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options

MrLargo said:

One for canters I reckon. He would very sensitively manage their cultural change,

Yep, definitely one for Canters. "Complex restructuring and cultural transformation programme" from my perspective would be "you're all sacked, every single one of you, f%$k off immediately. There are 10 alligators and 3 Burmese pythons waiting in reception to assist you out of the building. The security guards have been armed with taser guns to deal with anyone who screams too loudly. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."
    Like the idea but alligators gives them a too easy way out. I would prefer to force 50 of them into a very small room with the heating on full pelt in the middle of summer. Surrounded by a coughing and sneezing idiot, hit them in the face with a rucksack every 12 seconds. Shove them into someone's armpit. Let them enjoy the faint hum of someone else's music and the stench of body odour mixed with piss and someone's egg sandwich. Keep them there for over 3 hours unable to move and with no toilet facilities. Then give them a choice between staying there and jumping out onto some live rails and risking being run down by a fast moving freight train. At this point I would probably add alligators to seal the deal
    Sorry but am a bit busy at the moment so you'll have to find someone else to torment them
  • Options
    Abandoned car on the level crossing at Teynham late last night hit by train doing 80mph.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

One for canters I reckon. He would very sensitively manage their cultural change,

Yep, definitely one for Canters. "Complex restructuring and cultural transformation programme" from my perspective would be "you're all sacked, every single one of you, f%$k off immediately. There are 10 alligators and 3 Burmese pythons waiting in reception to assist you out of the building. The security guards have been armed with taser guns to deal with anyone who screams too loudly. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."
    Like the idea but alligators gives them a too easy way out. I would prefer to force 50 of them into a very small room with the heating on full pelt in the middle of summer. Surrounded by a load of coughing and sneezing idiots, hit them in the face with a rucksack every 12 seconds. Shove them into someone's armpit. Let them enjoy the faint hum of someone else's music and the stench of body odour mixed with piss and someone's egg sandwich. Keep them there for over 3 hours unable to move and with no toilet facilities. Then give them a choice between staying there and jumping out onto some live rails and risking being run down by a fast moving freight train. At this point I would probably add alligators to seal the deal
    Hoisting them by their own petard? Nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtEFEdrrXc4
  • Options
    18:33 from Barnehurst delayed by 4 mins.

Utter c****.
  • Options
    I’m on that
  • Options
    Macronate said:

18:33 from Barnehurst delayed by 4 mins.

Utter c****.

I’m on that

Confirmed
  • Options

I’m on that

Ah bollocks!

Was you the fella walking up down the carriage with the bagpipes?
  • Options
    Lovely. Finish late and then find there is a train delays at Cannon Street due to signal failure between Lon Bridge and Dartford. That’s a bit effing vague!
  • Options
    I was at Victoria about 11 this morning and they were advising that trains to Dartford were being delayed due to a signal failure in the Blackheath area.

They were also advising passengers that their tickets were valid on the underground and to go to Charing Cross or London Bridge, then travel to Lewisham and find out further info from there.

Surely its the same problem regardless of which London terminus you travel from?
  • Options
    Broken down freight train at Charlton. No trains London bound. Good luck getting to the game today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ON THE MOVE: Trains are just about to get on the move again at #Charlton. The freight train is moving into the yard now. Sorry for any delay caused this morning.

11:38 - 3 Nov 2018
  • Options
    "Reason for service disruption: member of train crew delayed by service disruption"

Oh that's great yeah cheers but the other trains I could've got before you cancelled that one were impossible to board so what's the reason REALLY?

Bunch of bellends.
  • Options
    Nothing from @cantersaddick for about 2 weeks now. I guess his commute really has improved and he no longer has time for us lowly Southeasterners.

Either that or he's stuck on a Southeastern train having formed a Lord of the Flies type society with fellow victims.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Nothing from @cantersaddick for about 2 weeks now. I guess his commute really has improved and he no longer has time for us lowly Southeasterners.

Either that or he's stuck on a Southeastern train having formed a Lord of the Flies type society with fellow victims.

As was well documented at the time I moved to Streatham and no longer use Southeastern. I've been keeping quiet on here about it as I don't want to jinx anything but I may as well come out with it now. The trains have been excellent since I moved. I get southern into Victoria and the trains are busy (people are still idiots) but I can put up with that on a much shorter journey. The main point is they run on time. The largest delay I have had is 4 mins late. Trains actually arrive in the station 2 mins before they are due so they actually leave on time.

Personally can't see how southern got their crap reputation. I am waiting for there to be a strike though. But in that case I have the northern line round the corner and a bus that will take me literally door to door if I need it.

The difference it has made to my life is huge. I am far more relaxed and much less tired. I do more with my evenings and have a lot more fun and generally feel happier and healthier.

I still enjoy a good moan but I don't have trains on my regular moan list anymore.
  • Options

Rizzo said:

The difference it has made to my life is huge. I am far more relaxed and much less tired. I do more with my evenings and have a lot more fun and generally feel happier and healthier.

I still enjoy a good moan but I don't have trains on my regular moan list anymore.
    I'm pleased for you, although I suspect I speak for a few of us on here when I say that I feel slightly betrayed to hear that your commute has improved so drastically.

To be fair, mine has also been generally okay over the summer, although that's only because I now leave for work at the crack of dawn before they've cocked everything up and get to sit down at my desk at 8am, just in time to follow today's utter shit show unravelling on Twitter. This morning was a perfect example of that. Had I left half an hour later, I would have been stranded in the 4-way commuter fisting session that they've described in the Tweet below.

If you scroll through South Eastern's Twitter page, you'll see that they've now started retweeting stuff from The Samaritans. Says it all really. C%*ts.

• Options

Rizzo said:

As was well documented at the time I moved to Streatham and no longer use Southeastern. I've been keeping quiet on here about it as I don't want to jinx anything but I may as well come out with it now. The trains have been excellent since I moved. I get southern into Victoria and the trains are busy (people are still idiots) but I can put up with that on a much shorter journey. The main point is they run on time. The largest delay I have had is 4 mins late. Trains actually arrive in the station 2 mins before they are due so they actually leave on time.

Personally can't see how southern got their crap reputation. I am waiting for there to be a strike though. But in that case I have the northern line round the corner and a bus that will take me literally door to door if I need it.

Try living a bit further out sunshine. I lived in Reigate and Coulsdon for two years. My commute was worse from those places than any commute I've ever had at any point in my life

• Options

Rizzo said:

Girlfriend lives in Wallington, stay with her relatively often, and confirm that Southern can be just as awful as South Eastern. Especially last Friday night when we were at Victoria and three trains we needed came into the platform but none of them left due to there being no available driver. Of course there was no announcement on the train about this, and the staff members we spoke to were non the wiser.

Just what you want at 11 at night.

This is going to sound blasphemous on here, but I think basically all trains are shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have to say that as another recent escapee from southeastern life is so much better. I now work in Canary Wharf on a condensed hours flexible working routine which means that I work a four day week with one of the four at home. I do very long hours on the three days I’m in and because of the early/late routine I am able to get a 96 bus to woolwich arsenal without getting caught up in school traffic and the DLR from there. Once you get your head round the fact that although a bus is an inefficient way to cover distance, my daily door to door takes the slightly less time than it used to and it’s half the price. And I don’t have to put up with cunteastern. Sorry to have reduced the moan count on this thread but I still read it just to remind myself of how horrible it all was.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

This is going to sound blasphemous on here, but I think basically all trains are shit.

I'm hoping that you've just worded that poorly, and what you actually mean is that all Train Operating Companies are shit, Network Rail are shit and Chris Grayling Minister for Transport is a shit.

If you can't recognise the rugged beauty of a 465 Networker, or the majestic radiance of a 377 Electrostar then I think you really need to consider whether it's appropriate for you to continue posting on a Charlton Athletic supporters' message board.

And don't get me started on model railways.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Lost count of the times south-eastern trains have no working toilets. Not just short trips either - Dover, Maidstone, Ashford etc. Been on-going for months. No too clever for elderly passengers or families with young kids.

I came back from Folkestone one Sunday during the summer.

I was bursting for a leak but none of the toilets were working.

I had no option........
  • Options

MrLargo said:

It's just a covert government tactic to turn us against each other rather than focusing our hatred on the train companies and the government officials who sanction their shitness. Where's the article about "Most irritating Minister for Transport" or "Most dilapidated train on the UK rail network" or "Most pathetic excuse for your train being delayed, cancelled or hideously overcrowded".
    Correct but all those actions are reprehensible.

The commute would be much more bearable if the people innthe trains weren't cunts.
    I always thought @clb74 travelled by road.
  • Options
    Shithouses
  • Options

addick05 said:

Lost count of the times south-eastern trains have no working toilets. Not just short trips either - Dover, Maidstone, Ashford etc. Been on-going for months. No too clever for elderly passengers or families with young kids.

I came back from Folkestone one Sunday during the summer.

I was bursting for a leak but none of the toilets were working.

I had no option........
    You could have used a thimble
  • Options

And it’s still taken me nearly an hour from Bexleyheath to London
  • Options
    Been doing the journey for about the same time as AFKA (27 years), first 22 on the Sidcup line and last 5 on the chislehurst line. Can honestly say that the Chis line absolutely pisses all over the Sidcup line (despite what Bob Neill tweets) and my last 5 years of commuting have been a breeze!
  • Options

Why is there this short term timetable? - Its not like there is any adverse weather at the moment?
  • Options

Why is there this short term timetable? - Its not like there is any adverse weather at the moment?
    Leaf fall season, aka, Autumn.