Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    19th September was the last post... i had to search for this thread.

Super Saturday is coming... You can buy a ticket for £20 and can travel all day on the train with up to 4 kids for £1 each. Under 5's go free. Might be useful for familes coming up from deep Kent by train for the game.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/tickets/ways-to-save/super-saturday

• Options
    Yet another day commuting on a reasonably packed train, and another day some fucking moron has his massive backpack on his back completey unaware that he is smashing it into me, and everyone else around him.

Id set fire to the backpack if I had the means to.
  • Options

Yet another day commuting on a reasonably packed train, and another day some fucking moron has his massive backpack on his back completey unaware that he is smashing it into me, and everyone else around him.

Tell him.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Tell him.
    Exactly......it’s easier than trying to hold on while typing your post.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    But staying quiet and moaning about it is much easier!

Also I was propped up against the door so no holding on for me.
  • Options

iainment said:

Tell him.

I say that because until I was told I used to be that man.
    Ignorant of the effect my rucksack could have.
    Since being told I never wear it on my back in crowded confined places.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

Tell him.

I say that because until I was told I used to be that man.
    Ignorant of the effect my rucksack could have.
    Since being told I never wear it on my back in crowded confined places.
    Shouldn't need telling, it's blindingly obvious to anyone with even the slightest sense of spacial awareness. You wouldn't stand on a crowded train with your arms outstretched or wearing a huge sombrero, why would it be any different with a huge rucksack?
    I was just forgetful of the rucksack behind me. Quite a common thing apparently.
  • Options
    they ask you to take off back packs on the Underground.

Not missing my near four hour commute at all for some strange reason. Fifteen minutes in the car each way is much nicer. Had to swerve to avoid a squirrel this morning though.
  • Options

Not missing my near four hour commute at all for some strange reason. Fifteen minutes in the car each way is much nicer. Had to swerve to avoid a squirrel this morning though.

You should have flattened the bastard!
  • Options
    I see the posters are up and the announcements ready for their leaf fall timetable.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I see the posters are up and the announcements ready for their leaf fall timetable.

And the video's out as well - https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/southeastern-stop-trains-calling-28-2051197

It's at least 20 years at least since I first heard the "leaves on the line" excuse, and they're proudly boasting about the 13 "leaf-busting" trains they've acquired.

"Train driver Mike Timmis told Kent Live "it is quite amazing. When I first started driving these I couldn't believe how good they were. But when I experienced them it was a case of: I know I'm doing a good job now. Supply train services director Michael Black added: "Punctuality is a byproduct of safety. Because you're guaranteeing trains can stop effectively. The drivers will drive in a less defensive manner and therefore the train delays won't be big.

Why will there be any delays at all? You've had years and years to fix this, Autumn happens every year, and everything about it is entirely predictable. There should be something attached to the front of every train that cleans the rails, just like every single car has got windscreen wipers. Pathetic tossers.
  • Options
    The posters say something like 'its that time of year again'.

What the time of year when leaves fall and you have no solution to the problem or want to find a solution.

They might as well have posters saying its that time of year again when:-

the points are frozen
    the rails are distorted because of the warm weather
    trains are cancelled due to staff shortage
    trespassers are on the line
    etc etc etc
  • Options

Especially if you have a fold up Brompton in them.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

iaitch said:

And the video's out as well - https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/southeastern-stop-trains-calling-28-2051197

It's at least 20 years at least since I first heard the "leaves on the line" excuse, and they're proudly boasting about the 13 "leaf-busting" trains they've acquired.

"Train driver Mike Timmis told Kent Live "it is quite amazing. When I first started driving these I couldn't believe how good they were. But when I experienced them it was a case of: I know I'm doing a good job now. Supply train services director Michael Black added: "Punctuality is a byproduct of safety. Because you're guaranteeing trains can stop effectively. The drivers will drive in a less defensive manner and therefore the train delays won't be big.

Why will there be any delays at all? You've had years and years to fix this, Autumn happens every year, and everything about it is entirely predictable. There should be something attached to the front of every train that cleans the rails, just like every single car has got windscreen wipers. Pathetic tossers.
    Hmm...... My car doesn't seem to have anything on it clear black ice from the road.

I have to rely on the council to do that for me - and when they don't do my road my car becomes unusable.

A long time ago I watched an old train trying to get started from a station in the leaf season (I think it was at Clock House). The wheels just span as though he was on an ice rink and it smelt like bonfire night. In the end, the driver backed his train down hill out of the station and took a run at it! He would probably be fired if he tried that now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrLargo said:

iaitch said:

Hmm...... My car doesn't seem to have anything on it clear black ice from the road.

I have to rely on the council to do that for me - and when they don't do my road my car becomes unusable.
    You're right. That's why the trains completely stop running in Canada between October and March. Oh... Wait...
  • Options
    Leaf Fall timetable started today. So the 6.47 was timed to arrive at 6.44 and turned up at 6.50. Arrived Blackfriars 20 mins late. Good stuff Wankers
  • Options

That's not good Large. 1) The Grey Squirrel is an invasive species, bringing infection and pestilence to the UK, against which the indigenous species have no immunity, they are also predating our native songbirds at an exponential rate. Actively seeking to prolong the life of even one individual is perverse.
    2) Swerving your car is a very real threat to other road users and wholly unjustifiable in the absence of a threat to human life.
    3) Grey squirrels are scum
  • Options
    Utter utter utter c*#ts.

Arrive at station, 7.40 showing as delayed by 7 minutes. So I wait. Then changes to 8 minutes. Then "Delayed". I f*$king hate it when they do that. What the f%+k's happened to it? It was just ambling down the track 7 minutes behind schedule, then it slowed down a bit, then it just completely disappeared. Useless.

Angry tweet dispatched. My final winter travelling with these parasites before I switch to the DLR. It's war.
  • Options
    A door was 'broken' by a passenger at Bexley apparently which caused delays as it carried on its journey and it was 'retired' at Lee. which meant a huge backlog and at least 4 trains worth of people on the platform at Lee.

Its ok though because South Eastern Railway twitter feed has just posted its support for World Mental Health Day. All whilst its passengers are suffering from all kinds of anxiety stuck on their overcrowded late services.

• Options
    Got to lee just as they threw everyone off, the joys of commuting!
  • Options

A door was 'broken' by a passenger at Bexley apparently which caused delays as it carried on its journey and it was 'retired' at Lee. which meant a huge backlog and at least 4 trains worth of people on the platform at Lee.

Its ok though because South Eastern Railway twitter feed has just posted its support for World Mental Health Day. All whilst its passengers are suffering from all kinds of anxiety stuck on their overcrowded late services.

I was angry at the shit service and took my rage out on the door. Sorry for any inconvenience caused to your journey this morning.
  • Options
    My evening train has changed from 8 carriages to 10, which would seem to be good news apart from the fact that the 10 carriages have roughly 50 seats each rather than the ~100 seats per carriage on the 8 carriage train. So overall we're down about 300 seats. Altogether now ....CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

I got stuck at Mottingham on the train behind it.