Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Where does it go from and too mate?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    seth plum said:
    Newsnight last night was a good one.
    Somebody at last called out a liar to their face.
    He, (Mick Lynch) called him a liar 17 times. 
    Lying is Lynch's core activity - he and Schapps have more in common than either is prepared to admit
    It's not clear to many why either of them carries on when we all know they're both utterly dishonest
     Lynch doesn't go by 4 different names conning people with get rich schemes.
    Yet to see Lynch get called out for being dishonest, not something that could be said for some politicians.

Mick Lynch is a very impressive operator, but one has to bear in mind that the RMT advised it’s members to vote leave without providing a solution as to how leave would manifest itself on the 300 mile land border between the UK and the EU.
    So the RMT and Mick Lynch definitely have feet of clay.

Curious - why do you describe him as such? 
  • Options
    Anyone got any scenes from Grove Park BR Station?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    seth plum said:
    Lying is Lynch's core activity - he and Schapps have more in common than either is prepared to admit
    It's not clear to many why either of them carries on when we all know they're both utterly dishonest
    Yet to see Lynch get called out for being dishonest, not something that could be said for some politicians.

Mick Lynch is a very impressive operator, but one has to bear in mind that the RMT advised it’s members to vote leave without providing a solution as to how leave would manifest itself on the 300 mile land border between the UK and the EU.

Because he refuses to be tricked by stupid questions in interviews, and tells it straight what he is about, whether you agree with him or not.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    seth plum said:

Because he refuses to be tricked by stupid questions in interviews, and tells it straight what he is about, whether you agree with him or not.
    I agree he copes well (media training I assume) and doesn't get agitated / put off his stride during interviews. He made (I think) Kay Burley from Sky look quite silly the other morning. As you say whether you agree with him or not.
  • Options
    Why’s the house of commoners link keep getting posted it’s not got political has it?

Anyways how about that brexit eh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm actually quite excited to get from East Finchley to Lee and back by bus alone for cricket on Saturday. It's gonna be an adventure. Proper test of city skillz
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    sam3110 said:
    Rothko said:
    sam3110 said:
    No trains this morning on the Woolwich line, all cancelled so far, buses all snarled up under the Blackwall tunnel at the roundabout, and when you get to North Greenwich Station the tubes are all severely delayed too. Wish I had the option of working from home
    Should have got the Elizabeth line into town 
    Work in South West, so usually get to Waterloo and go back out from there, Lizzie doesn't help that much with that regard
    I’m in Waterloo tomorrow lunchtime. Taking the Lizzie from Woolwich and can change at either Canary Wharf or Tottenham Court Road for the Jubilee or Northern Line respectively. Longest part of that journey would be the walk between the lines at the Wharf. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I'm actually quite excited to get from East Finchley to Lee and back by bus alone for cricket on Saturday. It's gonna be an adventure. Proper test of city skillz
    Tube is running on Saturday, only National Rail affected by industrial action.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Rothko said:
    sam3110 said:
    No trains this morning on the Woolwich line, all cancelled so far, buses all snarled up under the Blackwall tunnel at the roundabout, and when you get to North Greenwich Station the tubes are all severely delayed too. Wish I had the option of working from home
    Work in South West, so usually get to Waterloo and go back out from there, Lizzie doesn't help that much with that regard
    I’m in Waterloo tomorrow lunchtime. Taking the Lizzie from Woolwich and can change at either Canary Wharf or Tottenham Court Road for the Jubilee or Northern Line respectively. Longest part of that journey would be the walk between the lines at the Wharf. 
    Quiet a nice walk from TCR to Waterloo, especially over Hungerford Bridge
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    TelMc32 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Rothko said:
    sam3110 said:
    Quiet a nice walk from TCR to Waterloo, especially over Hungerford Bridge
    Meeting old work mates for lunch. Depends on the weather & timings, but definitely an option. Might go for the Clipper for the home trip.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Anyone got any scenes from Grove Park BR Station?
    There you go mate…….taken from the wrong side though unfortunately. 

• Options
    Can get to the City from Putney or as far East as Barking. Load of piers in central so if you work anywhere between Westminster and Tower Hill you should have one within walking distance.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Croydon said:
    Can get to the City from Putney or as far East as Barking. Load of piers in central so if you work anywhere between Westminster and Tower Hill you should have one within walking distance.

Love travelling on the Clipper. Just wish they’d run at lest one an hour during the day to/from Woolwich, outside of the morning and evening rush hours, which is all they currently do.
  • Options
    surprised to see busy stations, thought most, if not all office workers would just wfh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited June 2022
    Just did a 5k run from Falconwood to Woolwich and 15 mins on Lizzy to Liverpool St. Quicker than normal.
  • Options
    Got important meetings so have had to head in.

Elmstead woods into London, trains every 10 minutes, and 12 coach trains rather than 10...

Got a seat no problem. 

Getting home will be the issue I think as I don't think I'll be able to get away from work drinks until 8 at the latest, and I reckon everyone will be trying to order taxis..
  • Options
    3 hours to get to town - joy being on the driverless and Staffless trains 
  • Options
    Does anyone know what time the Elizabeth line is going to close tonight? It says finish your journeys before 6 but does that mean no yrains
  • Options
    Trains running fine just like Tuesday, a little busier today.

runs smoother on strike days than the days between but they know that 
  • Options
    Does anyone know what time the Elizabeth line is going to close tonight? It says finish your journeys before 6 but does that mean no yrains
    Central section, Abbey Wood - Paddington will operate until it's normal time 23.00, East/West sections will operate until approx 18.00.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Central section, Abbey Wood - Paddington will operate until it's normal time 23.00, East/West sections will operate until approx 18.00.
    Thanks mate!! 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Long delays and cancellations from Kent on the Thameslink to Charlton tonight.

Seems okay heading towards Kent, for now, but delays expected until end of day.
  • Options

London Bridge: Firefighters tackle two blazes near train station

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62575889