Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    As much as anything, this is down to staff not being able to get to the depots in Kent. The roads around here were treacherous and blocked by abandoned cars this morning. 
  • Options
    As much as anything, this is down to staff not being able to get to the depots in Kent. The roads around here were treacherous and blocked by abandoned cars this morning. 
    Masterbrew working for setrains marketing department? Or auditioning for a job?
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    So it looks like I've got to go into the office tomorrow. Leaving aside the snow/ice, based on previous strike days is there any indication as to whether;

1. The are likely to be any services at all on the Sidcup line? (I'm guessing not)
    2. If the Elizabeth line is running? (Website suggests it is, but with a reduced services)
    3. If the DLR is running? (Again, website suggest it is)

Any views on previous experiences welcomed.

Cheers
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:

Masterbrew working for setrains marketing department? Or auditioning for a job?
    Neither, just a simple fact. It's also the reason that many schools are shut 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    So it looks like I've got to go into the office tomorrow. Leaving aside the snow/ice, based on previous strike days is there any indication as to whether;

1. The are likely to be any services at all on the Sidcup line? (I'm guessing not)
    2. If the Elizabeth line is running? (Website suggests it is, but with a reduced services)

Cheers
    Half-hourly service on Sidcup line between Dartford & London Bridge, first train departs Dartford at 07.23.
    Last train Departs London Bridge at 17.44
    https://timetables.southeasternrailway.co.uk/#/timetables/1707/Table 5 TO

Elizabeth Line as follows

Elizabeth line

Reduced service. Services will operate in 3 sections:

Liverpool Street - Shenfield

• Services will run 07:30-18:30
    • 2 trains per hour

Abbey Wood - Paddington

• 12 trains per hour until 17:30
    • 6 trains per hour from 17:30
    • 6 trains per hour before 08:00 on Wed 14 and Sat 17 December 2022, and Wed 4 and Sat 7 January 2023

Paddington - Heathrow

• Services will run 07:30-18:30
    • 2 trains per hour Paddington - Reading
    • 2 trains per hour Paddington - Heathrow T4
    https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/strikes?intcmp=35779

DLR
    Normal service.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks @clive - really helpful and informative, as always.

Can I ask, what is it you do for a living? 

Also, any punters on the Sidcup line know what these half hourly trains have been like in terms of being busy? Cheers.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Cheers
    The DLR runs regular as clockwork on strike days as I always get it in.  
  • Options
    Southeastern snow timetable seems to have worked as planned today 
  • Options
    Considering that there are a number of de-icing trains running around the SE network and I believe some of the trains are fitted with de-icing equipment, it was a bloody poor show from yesterday evening onwards. 
    Of course if the staff can't get into work due to poor road conditions then it doesn't matter how good the de-icing facilities are, trains won't run. 
    Long gone are the days when key staff lived in railway-built housing near to the railway depots...
  • Options
    I'm trying to find out about the strikes in January but can't get confirmation.

I need to get a train to further out in Kent on January 3rd. 

I'm usually a trainspotter general but does anyone know if all trains are cancelled on the 3rd?

When are they going to stop this continuous striking crap. They aren't poor!
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I'm usually a trainspotter general but does anyone know if all trains are cancelled on the 3rd?

Tuesday 3, Wednesday 4, Friday 6 and Saturday 7 January

• There will be a limited service running on our network and some routes will be closed. The national advice is please only travel if absolutely necessary. If you have to travel, plan ahead and check your first and last trains across all train operators.
    • Only 44 out of 180 stations will be open. No rail replacement buses will serve stations that are closed
    • You may be unable to board trains at stations where a limited service is running, especially at locations such as Ashford and Ebbsfleet.
    • The last trains back from London will be much earlier than usual.
    • Online journey planners are up to date.
    • https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/industrial-actionService availability on Tuesday 3 Wednesday 4 Friday 6 and Saturday 7 January 2023
  • Options
    That map is an absolute joke - you can't actually read what it says in the key.

I thought it may just be a bad copy, but it's exactly the same on their website.

How totally shit is that.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Dave2l said:

Tuesday 3, Wednesday 4, Friday 6 and Saturday 7 January

• There will be a limited service running on our network and some routes will be closed. The national advice is please only travel if absolutely necessary. If you have to travel, plan ahead and check your first and last trains across all train operators.
    • Only 44 out of 180 stations will be open. No rail replacement buses will serve stations that are closed
    • You may be unable to board trains at stations where a limited service is running, especially at locations such as Ashford and Ebbsfleet.
    • The last trains back from London will be much earlier than usual.
    • Online journey planners are up to date.
    • https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/industrial-actionService availability on Tuesday 3 Wednesday 4 Friday 6 and Saturday 7 January 2023

👍

This is quite literally the most frustrating thing in the world.
    I don't need to explain it but it is a c#nt!

I just tried to book a ticket for thursday the 5th of January.

It doesn't appear to be a day that will be affected but I still can't book a ticket?
  • Options
    ASLEF drivers are striking on 5th January. 
    No drivers = no trains at all.
    Further details via the nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruption page
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It appears to all be back to normal the following Sunday 8th Jan 
  • Options

Hopefully that's clearer for people
  • Options
    It appears all trains start running again from Sunday the 8th.

Hopefully it stays that way and another moaning strike doesn't occur.

They probably collectively earn a high annual salary but it's obviously not enough and won't ever be good enough. 

I doubt similar continuous strikes like these always happen further out in europe

• Options
    Dave2l said:

When is the govt going to stop interfering in the negotiations?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    It appears all trains start running again from Sunday the 8th.

Hopefully it stays that way and another moaning strike doesn't occur.

They probably collectively earn a high annual salary but it's obviously not enough and won't ever be good enough. 

I doubt similar continuous strikes like these always happen further out in europe

Would you accept an effective cut in your wages and pension, and threats to you actually having a job?  I know I wouldn't without trying to do something about it.  There are many explainers for the strikes on the web, here's one that's not from the BBC or The Guardian, which I know many people on here seem to have a problem with:

https://www.openaccessgovernment.org/whats-the-rail-strike-all-about-rmt-transport-inflation-government/138420/
  • Options
    The government won’t want to give anyone a decent pay rise, as they will see it as a precedent. They want to break the unions or bring in legislation to reduce their powers. 

I can only see a grim few months ahead. 
  • Options

Avanti West Coast and Southeastern ‘worst for cancellations’ as train reliability hits record low

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/avanti-west-coast-southeastern-train-cancellations-london-euston-orr-strikes-b1054931.html

• Options
    clive said:

Avanti West Coast and Southeastern ‘worst for cancellations’ as train reliability hits record low

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/avanti-west-coast-southeastern-train-cancellations-london-euston-orr-strikes-b1054931.html

Sadly Southeastern will likely use this as more evidence to support their appalling’All Change’ new timetable. 😡
  • Options
    Were sorry that our services have been disrupted overcrowded or unreliable over the past two weeksIt isnt the service we planned and it isnt the service that you deserve Teething issues with our new timetable have been made worse by too many infrastructure failures- todays multiple points failures have again caused disruptionWere still confident that the new timetable will make things better for you and we are seeing improved weekend and off-peak performance than before but we need strong performance all the time  We are listening to customer feedback monitoring how busy our trains are and taking action to improve punctuality and reliability Both of our organisations are working together round the clock to drive up performance and improve your railway  If you have been delayed by 15 minutes or more please make sure you claim Delay Repay by visiting southeasternrailwaycoukdelayrepaySteve White Managing Director SoutheasternEllie Burrows Regional Mana